2023/24 Sean Dyche

“I don’t think many would argue we have poor forwards and a front 4 that is bottom half prem, but is it the 2nd worst in the league”

There you go, many just gave you the evidence that in actual fact we might just have some of the worst forwards in the league comparatively. QED.

As I’ve been saying all day, all roads lead back to a lack of quality.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 you’re on drugs. Way better yes that paragraph definitely means I was saying way better. I use words like poor and bottom half 🤣🤣🤣 muppet

No, I get it - you missed mine: no one wants to answer to waffling on about every simple question. People have asked very, very simple questions like "are you happy with the form" and received a book in return.

it's not ripped stats, it's obvious things you can see with your own eyeballs - it's not ripped from anywhere we're bog standard going forward, decent in defence because we play basically 8 defenders, or can't score goals.

I'll ask you this VERY SIMPLE question: are you happy with Dyche's handling of the team and the form of the team, especially in the last 3 months. 10 words or less, or you get an F and have to repeat the exam lol

Not being funny mate, but as the previous poster alluded to, you’re prone to long winded waffley rhetoric yourself, maybe we’re a pair.

Honestly in life and on here, if people ask closed questions - I think here comes BS. They are designed, when someone uses them they want the conversation to be closed with no rebuttal, usually a sign of a very poor debater, mediator or negotiator if the context in an open format. They are useful for things like criminal justice etc. were you want closed communication. But in an open format here, red flags and shows a limited insight and inability to debate.

It’s absolutely ripped stats, you tell me lads have gone back through Dyche stats from his Watford days and worked out a .8 goal %, I go in Twitter can see positive and negative stats, then come in here to see someone has posted the same thing.

I think your very guilty of a lack of objectivity, it’s led you to closed question, ignoring multiple contexts, rinse and repeat the same false rethoric and can’t argue points so here you are ironically writing loads on my posting style, because the points you don’t want to hear.

This, exactly. I don't understand why arguments about Dyche's current performance are constantly - and seemingly only - countered by his apologists with waffle about "well, what about the points deduction" as if that excuses performances that are happening right now and that are not getting us out of the predicament we're in. When you're in a problematic situation, whining about how you got there (even if your whine is correct!) does absolutely nothing to get you out of it. It's fluff talk. Woe is me. All you can do is whatever it takes to get yourself out of the situation or else accept your fate.

So, there are two options: figure out how to get the team to score some goals and win games with what you have at hand or possibly get relegated. Whining about how unfair it is to be where we are due to outside influences without actually doing anything of substance to deal with it is the same as choosing option two. Same outcome with just a lot more talk.

Aside on all this talk about how many "chances" we create: total shots isn't quite the same thing as good chances created. We can have 20+ shots in a game, but if so many of them are Gana or Onana or Doucure or whoever flinging it up into the stands from 20-30 yards out, those can't exactly be a credit to the manager for "chances" created. Don't know where this idea that we're missing 4-5 sitters every single game has come from. Have Dom and Beto missed ones they should have scored? Absolutely! Not letting them off with no blame at all. But the description of the overall number of chances created lately has been inflated a bit to fit the narrative.

But we won four matches in a row in December! As if that bit of past performance is a better indicator of what the next few weeks should bring than the three months of relegation form that we're still in.

Whats all this apologist nonsense. So has everybody got to agree with you then? Shout them down sort of thing and not them have their opinion. Which btw i think is quite balanced.
How lame.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 you’re on drugs. Way better yes that paragraph definitely means I was saying way better. I use words like poor and bottom half 🤣🤣🤣 muppet

Someone very wise once told me when you are exchanging points in debating someone, they run out of road and resort to personal insults, take a bow son, they are shot.

The best to you and yours mate! ;)

Whats all this apologist nonsense. So has everybody got to agree with you then? Shout them down sort of thing and not them have their opinion. Which btw i think is quite balanced.
How lame.
That's a heck of a distorted reading on your part. Apologist in this sense simply means someone who is defending the person under discussion. Rather innocuous term, in fact. Where you get the rest of that tripe you're accusing me of, I don't know.

I think they are trying to ask you what points total would you have expected at start of season, to how many you think we should get from here or should have gotten based on what we saw in the games so far

Might be wrong
I misinterpreted the question then but the answer would've been over 45, comfortable safety-to-midtable (I'll add to this below).

Which, again, is something I don't see Dyche achieving - he'll push it himself to be to the last day with negativity and we'll go into Arsenal having to 100% win to survive*.

* I hope I'm wrong.
Not being funny mate, but as the previous poster alluded to, you’re prone to long winded waffley rhetoric yourself, maybe we’re a pair.

Honestly in life and on here, if people ask closed questions - I think here comes BS. They are designed, when someone uses them they want the conversation to be closed with no rebuttal, usually a sign of a very poor debater, mediator or negotiator if the context in an open format. They are useful for things like criminal justice etc. were you want closed communication. But in an open format here, red flags and shows a limited insight and inability to debate.

It’s absolutely ripped stats, you tell me lads have gone back through Dyche stats from his Watford days and worked out a .8 goal %, I go in Twitter can see positive and negative stats, then come in here to see someone has posted the same thing.

I think your very guilty of a lack of objectivity, it’s led you to closed question, ignoring multiple contexts, rinse and repeat the same false rethoric and can’t argue points so here you are ironically writing loads on my posting style, because the points you don’t want to hear.
Hahaha, literally us lol

It's ripped stats when it's about Watford, okay, how is it ripped stats when it's about us in the current day and time though? We're top 5 in defending, naturally, as we set up to not concede and play ultra defensive craphouse football with about 8 players in our own half for 90% of games; we have no ball possession or idea what to do with the ball; we play the most long balls in the league; we're 10th in chances created and 19th in goals scored - those are the easiest to point as actual statistics from now, not Watford or Burnley. I don't care about Watford as it was ages ago and with Burnley, his more recent stint, the problems were word for word and situation for situation the same as he's created them for us - no chances, no goals, play not to lose rather than to win. We're also 3rd in the chances missed, naturally, but Brentford are first and play better more attacking football. Do they have an amazing team? No, they have a manager who can adapt to the situation and play to win a game (not saying I like or want him here either to be honest lol ). Bournemouth similar - both teams we probably win against if we actually try to do so.

It's not a false rhetoric any more than your "he's doing great" rhetoric is then? Because you've pulled a number out of nowhere 9 months ago. I want us to win games, realistically sadly we can't win 38, but I want to see us win as much as possible. Dyche sets us up to draw - I don't think anyone can dispute this realistically. I'd love it if we somehow reached ~50 points (on the scale of the last few seasons this being bang on mid table), but we can't, even without the deduction, this year, but it's what we should've been aiming for.

I know about the massive achievement of getting Burnley to Europe, but that's as unlikely to happen ever as was Leicester's Prem title - he'd done it on less than 1 goal a game or something in a freak low point total for 7th just to bomb out lol

As I said, and this is part of the waffling as I'm repeating it for the 50th time, I'd love to be 100% wrong and be vaulted how I'm laughably wrong and all that, but all signs don't point to this happening sadly and we'll struggle. I don't want us to struggle again next year and limp to BMD as strugglers, which in my eyes is a very real possibility with Dyche.

I’m not happy with result, but performences and form very happy. Will you let me off with 11. lol
Only this time.

I'll share the Mourinho tidbit again however:
1711055399783.png

Performances being praised without results is something I'd expect at Luton, where expectations are nonexistent.

We're Everton, aren't we?

I misinterpreted the question then but the answer would've been over 45, comfortable safety-to-midtable (I'll add to this below).

Which, again, is something I don't see Dyche achieving - he'll push it himself to be to the last day with negativity and we'll go into Arsenal having to 100% win to survive*.

* I hope I'm wrong.

Hahaha, literally us lol

It's ripped stats when it's about Watford, okay, how is it ripped stats when it's about us in the current day and time though? We're top 5 in defending, naturally, as we set up to not concede and play ultra defensive craphouse football with about 8 players in our own half for 90% of games; we have no ball possession or idea what to do with the ball; we play the most long balls in the league; we're 10th in chances created and 19th in goals scored - those are the easiest to point as actual statistics from now, not Watford or Burnley. I don't care about Watford as it was ages ago and with Burnley, his more recent stint, the problems were word for word and situation for situation the same as he's created them for us - no chances, no goals, play not to lose rather than to win. We're also 3rd in the chances missed, naturally, but Brentford are first and play better more attacking football. Do they have an amazing team? No, they have a manager who can adapt to the situation and play to win a game (not saying I like or want him here either to be honest lol ). Bournemouth similar - both teams we probably win against if we actually try to do so.

It's not a false rhetoric any more than your "he's doing great" rhetoric is then? Because you've pulled a number out of nowhere 9 months ago. I want us to win games, realistically sadly we can't win 38, but I want to see us win as much as possible. Dyche sets us up to draw - I don't think anyone can dispute this realistically. I'd love it if we somehow reached ~50 points (on the scale of the last few seasons this being bang on mid table), but we can't, even without the deduction, this year, but it's what we should've been aiming for.

I know about the massive achievement of getting Burnley to Europe, but that's as unlikely to happen ever as was Leicester's Prem title - he'd done it on less than 1 goal a game or something in a freak low point total for 7th just to bomb out lol

As I said, and this is part of the waffling as I'm repeating it for the 50th time, I'd love to be 100% wrong and be vaulted how I'm laughably wrong and all that, but all signs don't point to this happening sadly and we'll struggle. I don't want us to struggle again next year and limp to BMD as strugglers, which in my eyes is a very real possibility with Dyche.

Over 45 would’ve had us pushing top ten last season

You rate this current squad waaaay more than me if you expected 45 at a minimum, and way more than majority I’d say.

I havent seen anything in us for a long time to suggest we are about to be a guaranteed top ten (or close to ) side regardless of manager. I think it’s an unfair benchmark personally

That's a heck of a distorted reading on your part. Apologist in this sense simply means someone who is defending the person under discussion. Rather innocuous term, in fact. Where you get the rest of that tripe you're accusing me of, I don't know.

Controversial or unpopular. I see a pretty balanced view from those talking about dyche debating the side. Pro and negative. Far from apologists.
You cherry picked the point about chances with gana and onana. Mcneil had 5 shots against united. Not all from distance. He hit the target 0 times. He missed a sitter from 5 yards the week before against west ham. Decent chances are being missed.

Over 45 would’ve had us pushing top ten last season

You rate this current squad waaaay more than me if you expected 45 at a minimum, and way more than majority I’d say.

I havent seen anything in us for a long time to suggest we are about to be a guaranteed top ten (or close to ) side regardless of manager. I think it’s an unfair benchmark personally
I've been told I'm cruel with my expectations, and I might be, but I want us to do as well as possible and win as much as possible, which from a fan point of view I have no idea how it's unreasonable - not like I said "defo champs lad" lol

It'd be fighting for 11th - 10th was 50+. So mid table.

Only this time.

I'll share the Mourinho tidbit again however:
View attachment 249562
Performances being praised without results is something I'd expect at Luton, where expectations are nonexistent.

We're Everton, aren't we?

We're Everton aren't we. I mean what does that mean in todays context of what we have available today. We havent done anything in 30 odd years. I mean it sounds good but im afraid it doesnt have much bearing on what we send out on the pitch today. Im all for grabbing calvert lewin by the throat before a game up against the wall and saying we're Everton aren't we. He'll still be sh!t.
those quotes dont mean anything behind 30 odd years of poor mismanagement.

* I hope I'm wrong.

Hahaha, literally us lol

lol A pair!

A lot of stats do my head in to be honest. You can find loads for and against. Most on here are ripped from somewhere and often a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Some are telling. Any manager worth his salt. First job is don’t get beat, we were getting mullard last season and I said at the time, if we could turn some of those losses into draws, we’d be comfortable. We have and would be without the PL acting like flutes. As you say we have one of the top defensive records in the league. From last season to this on out put - we’ve as many wins as we had in the whole of last season, with 10 games to go.

The job of work are Everton isn't instant success, we tried that and blew up. It needs to be incremental, 3-4 places up a year, it requires time and building proper foundations. If we don’t concede, you move on next season and add, full backs, wingers 10, depending on where you want to hurt. If we are still on boney arses in 3 years without progress, I’ll be on board with you, but I see improvement from last season to this. We have limits and a boney arsed squad, going through adversity but we are better. I don’t think we play decisively at all, in fact sometimes I think we are naieve, we push to much for the win and get suckered. He falls for the big club thing sometimes or has to much faith in a limited bunch of players.

On getting Burnley into Europe, I think back to Moyes, we won most games 1-0 that year, again with a limited enough squad, but like Dyche we had proper foundations, in the following years we went out and signed Arteta, Pienaar, Baines etc. It’s a process not an event. It’s why many of the older and wiser heads are advocating for Dyche, they know the low ebb the club is at, they see what he is trying to do, the see him change the culture and mentality and put down foundations and get the best of limited players, they know it takes building, they know that is a multi year journey, they see the signs.

I think you’re fooling yourself mate, we’re going to struggle for a few years mate, no matter who the manage is. I wish our problems were fixable by sacking the manager - they aren’t.

Part of the reason we are skip fire is we have a squad put together by what 7 different managers and 3 different DOFs that isn’t cohesive put together with a plan. Part of our problem is we never stuck with any manger, developed a bad culture and built useless players on the philosphey of whatever manager was here, then sold the best ones. Sacking managers has undermined and almost killed the club. Doing it again, to be frank is the worst thing we could do and we would have learned nothing. It’s bananas.

*Drops waffle Mic. lol