2023/24 Sean Dyche

Well, no, he wasn't managing Everton last year, so he couldn't have won anything with us, but my point was that he has actually won something and if 'winning something' is a prerequisite, then he'd be a shout.

I personally wouldn't have him anywhere near tbpfhwy, I'm sure he'll be devastated to hear.
I only care about Everton, couldn’t care less what West Ham do.

Who though?
I don’t follow much European football so couldn’t name you many from abroad. A few in the championship doing quite well, though managing us and in the prem is a different matter.

I think most of us would agree we need a plan and a manager and a sporting team who can build something over a number of years. And that’s not dyche, as his football is very outdated dated and he’s not changing from this style.

Séamus is an interesting shout. I imagine that it's much too early for him, but he could well be one to watch for the future - has done well as captain, has a lot of credit, and may have what it takes to make the jump to management.

I never understood shouts like this. What about Coleman gives you any hope he’d be a good manager? Because he’s a nice guy?

I don’t follow much European football so couldn’t name you many from abroad. A few in the championship doing quite well, though managing us and in the prem is a different matter.

I think most of us would agree we need a plan and a manager and a sporting team who can build something over a number of years. And that’s not dyche, as his football is very outdated dated and he’s not changing from this style.

I’m not a fan of Dyche so not disputing that last part. I’m just not sure there’s a young bright eyed bushy tailed manager out there that could sort the mess that is this club out right now. The time for that type of manager was years ago, when we sacked Martinez. We need experience right now, we have no money and are in complete turmoil with a squad full of old losers.

Who should I clout next plus what old codgers can I pick -

1710763884337.png

I’m not a fan of Dyche so not disputing that last part. I’m just not sure there’s a young bright eyed bushy tailed manager out there that could sort the mess that is this club out right now. The time for that type of manager was years ago, when we sacked Martinez. We need experience right now, we have no money and are in complete turmoil with a squad full of old losers.
No money & a trip to Portugal?

This is the point. A good manager obviously does make a difference, but only so much, depending on what resources are available. We're a basket case currently, on and off the pitch. Bringing in bright new managerial talent will be sound when we have a vastly freshened squad and maybe just a little bit of money. But this season, and possibly next, survival is the name of the game, and as poor as it is to watch, this fella will probably see us ok this season. Next season might be a bit more tricky mind.
.Bless you!
Soz lid. Easter week and all. Or is that next week?

*does sign of the cross

A young modern manager. Who wants to play the modern way, which is actually going out to win games, Moyes as a manager is streets ahead of dyche and is a good manager, but he will never change from being safety first imo
That Silva fella's doing a nice job at Fulham. Good win over Spurs. Worth a punt?

A few glaring issues with Dyche that I think need addressing. The lack of getting points when going behind in games. Part of that can be aimed at the quality of personnel but look at Coventry at wolves on the weekend? I would say it's more of an issue to do with tactics and mentality which is on the manager.

Secondly the lack of goals from strikers. Yes they have missed a few but is enough being done to ensure they are match ready both mentally and physically. When big Dunc left I felt it was the right decision. However I'm now starting to wonder if it was. We probably need a striking coach who can help get the best out of these lot as they aren't doing the business.
This is a universal problem in football - not just Dyche. The likelihood of a team in the bottom half (and generally, but lower for worse teams than top teams) of the table coming back from conceding a goal first is very low.

Herein lies the very essence of how a manager must constantly find equilibrium between balance and imbalance, and how the team chooses tactics.

Liverpool can e.g. in most matches stand 1 on 1 against the attacking players, and usually do this without any particular risk because they are better individual players. Isolate Tarkowski against Haaland (and quite a few PL attackers), and you have the definition of madness. Put DCL up in one on one situations against PL CB, how many does he win? We can do this for all players.

Different models can then be used to compensate. Then you have to ask yourself, what are Everton's strengths? We don't have very many technical and creative players, do we have any? We also don't have many players with great pace. However, what we have is a bunch of players who have great work capacity, and a squad that has the highest average height in the PL.

Looking at the strengths and weaknesses, Dyche's style is not very illogical. Defensively solid, crosses in the box, transitions and set pieces. People here argue for the illogical. To force together pieces that do not fit.

This is a universal problem in football - not just Dyche. The likelihood of a team in the bottom half (and generally, but lower for worse teams than top teams) of the table coming back from conceding a goal first is very low.

Herein lies the very essence of how a manager must constantly find equilibrium between balance and imbalance, and how the team chooses tactics.

Liverpool can e.g. in most matches stand 1 on 1 against the attacking players, and usually do this without any particular risk because they are better individual players. Isolate Tarkowski against Haaland (and quite a few PL attackers), and you have the definition of madness. Put DCL up in one on one situations against PL CB, how many does he win? We can do this for all players.

Different models can then be used to compensate. Then you have to ask yourself, what are Everton's strengths? We don't have very many technical and creative players, do we have any? We also don't have many players with great pace. However, what we have is a bunch of players who have great work capacity, and a squad that has the highest average height in the PL.

Looking at the strengths and weaknesses, Dyche's style is not very illogical. Defensively solid, crosses in the box, transitions and set pieces. People here argue for the illogical. To force together pieces that do not fit.
Spot on.

It won't stop fellas thinking that Potterball will be far more sexy, with exactly the same set of players, though.