2023/24 Sean Dyche

Funny reading the mail online comments. Pretty much: 'In my day I used to get smashed over the head with an iron girder by my boss every morning and would just get on with it, Patterson is a woke big girls blouse.'

I'm sure Patterson could have sparked Dyche clean out if he was inclined, but he's his boss. Which is the whole point here.
Yep, I'm sure if it was the other way around nobody would be surprised to see Patterson lose his locker and be ex-communicated from the first team picture. It was a really stupid thing to do. Especially when we're right in the mire. This whole trip is supposed to be about team building isn't it?

Sounds like Dyche was just blowing off some steam and displaying his Alpha status in the group. Young Patterson needs to just take it on the chin and not make a scene about it especially if he invited the altercation.
I assume if your boss gave you a slap you'd just "take it on the chin", Jimmy. I imagine you'd love to be humiliated in front of your peers?

Don’t think anyone is saying defence first is wrong.

But our issue is scoring, something which Diego (who Zat is comparing Dyche to) does not overlook. His teams are compact yet have a clear way of attacking, which we don’t.

When I watched us against palace, and witnessed our attacking winger have 25 yards of space in front of him, and he decided to stop and turn back and kill our counter attack, it’s clear evidence that is something is not being coached with regards to our attacking play and lack of clear ideas within the team

The XG phenomenon has hidden how poor we are we with the ball and how there seems to be no clear identity on what we do. Something Simeone clearly has in his coaching arsenal

Im talking about when Simeone joined Atletico & for the first couple of seasons. He didnt magically get them to how theyve been playing for the past 2 years.

He went defence first and relied primarily on 2 players up top to score goals.

So according to Zat the fact we can’t score goals is 100% down to our forward players, yet we can also flip these exact same forward players for a combined £60m in the summer to fund new players.

We usually get very good sales fees.

Please don't compare us to Athletico Madrid

There is no such team.

Im talking about when Simeone joined Atletico & for the first couple of seasons. He didnt magically get them to how theyve been playing for the past 2 years.

There is no such team.
Ok Zat; they both started their managerial career in 2011 and Dyche has never ver tried to be anything other than defence first

But sure, next year we’ll be free flowing and hopefully score more than 14 goals from open play

Aspirations and that

There is no such team.
He went defence first, but his team pressed relentlessly and tried to be on the opponent's feet relentlessly. And they were able to do it 90 minutes a game. Probably the most intense football of any team I've seen at that time. It's more accurate to compare 15/16 Leicester to this style.

Another thing I don't see at Dyche is the overload wide. Simeone is also renowned for his attention to detail and quick adaptability to a game's changing situations, which made them a comeback king for many occasions.

Sounds like Patterson was being a tad boisterous at the dinner table and was making a scene in which Dyche intervened as the pack leader.

Patterson in that situation either needed to have kept his heed down or step up and challenge Dyches position as Alpha pack leader.

I can understand young Patterson's frustration with the lack of game time however leaking matters to the press following this wont do the boy any favours.

this may well have been Dyche "testing" the boy to see if he has the fire in the belly that Dyche wants in his starting 11 in which based on him going crying to the press - he's come out that test with a Fail.
Wow thats really weird unsettling stuff even for you, they're human professionals not wolves on a national geographic special , not the proper conduct whatsoever