2023/24 Sean Dyche

I notice a few posters coming back sniping at Sean Dyche who were marked absent when our results were better.

In any event I think he is absolutely safe in his job for all sorts of reasons, one having picked up 31 points so far this season and another being our financial situation.
…….

Fair play to @DualityNSNO mind, he showed and manned the trenches single handily.

Benitez and Frank almost took us down, but we would be comfortably mid-table right now if it wasn't for the unjust and corrupt punishment by the Premier League against our club.

But ultimately if we had a clinical finisher we might be challenging for a top 4 place!

My cousin bumped into Dom the other day and he said "We are trying. We recognise what a privilege it is to play for this great club and we won't be the ones to take this club down."

Let's hope he sticks to that.

This is potentially an exciting period for our club, with a move to a new world-class stadium on the Liverpool waterfront on the horizon.

We just need to stay up. By any means necessary. Somehow we need to make Goodison the cauldron of noise it was when we played Palace under Frank.
The players do care. Without question.

But the PL seem determined to send us down to the lower leagues. As you say: we cannot let that happen. Or BMD will end up being bought by the RS.

I had a dream I saw him lying full length along a step in a shop last night.

His face looked incredibly smooth, so I passed comment about how much good the rejuvenating trip to Portugal had done as I strode over him to get upstairs.

He seemed pleased.
Gnomic. What are you taking from this?

It's mad, isn't it? No one criticized the manager during our decent spell of about 4 games. Just 3 months later everyone is on his back for absolutely no reason except zero wins in 3 months, horrible style, no plan B and stubbornness. People are strange.
Around 14 league games without a win?

Yep. It's a mystery why people are complaining.

I notice a few posters coming back sniping at Sean Dyche who were marked absent when our results were better.

In any event I think he is absolutely safe in his job for all sorts of reasons, one having picked up 31 points so far this season and another being our financial situation.
We're sitting on 25, we haven't won in 3 months since this "great run" of 4 games ( lol ), dire idealess football, dire game management, playing for a draw, hoofball.

Your turn.

Being one dimensional doesn't work. Can't just hoof ball and cross insallah. We need a threat up the middle, Doucs doesn't score we aren't winning. I like Dyche but the team needs to control the games via possession sometimes, be multi-dimensional.
We have been even or leading possession in 3 of the last 4 games, but we are not creating many big chances (exception West Ham) with it in the final third. I assume it's part of the plan of opponent's manager to let us have the possession in the midfield as we seem to be clueless to use it wisely in open play and then create clear cut, which results in long shots and crosses in the majority of time.

Crystal 63% possession 19 shots, but 1 clear chance with a header of DCL in min 80.
Man United 48% possession, 23 shots, but 1 clear chance of open play with Onana at the start. Half a chance with Dobbin/DCL around min 80.

We have been even or leading possession in 3 of the last 4 games, but we are not creating many big chances (exception West Ham) with it in the final third. I assume it's part of the plan of opponent's manager to let us have the possession in the midfield as we seem to be clueless to use it wisely in open play and then create clear cut, which results in long shots and crosses in the majority of time.

Crystal 63% possession 19 shots, but 1 clear chance with a header of DCL in min 80.
Man United 48% possession, 23 shots, but 1 clear chance of open play with Onana at the start. Half a chance with Dobbin/DCL around min 80.

I used to enjoy watching Atletico Madrid not far into Simeone joining.

They were very solid & managed to bring in (and develop) ruthless attacking players to put away chances.

I firmly believe that if we added a goalscoring right winger and a top centre forward we would be far up the table.

My question to you is whether you agree that having the 4th best defence & creating chances is one step below a top 10 finish (at least) if we had those two players ?