2023/24 Sean Dyche

OK, we will take it back a bit.

What was your expectations at the start of the year? Just because 31 points isn't a great return, what is a realistic total for this point of the year. Ignore the deduction. Id argue that 31 exceeds realistic expectations.

-Do you think the squad is capable of higher honours? Consider the red scum sabotage agent and Lampard had access to more and better players (Digne, Richo). We are a seriously small and flawed squad. Even in terms of youth players Dyche has stated there are few who can come in. Is Thelwell in the gun too?

-Do you give any credence to the deflating effects of the PSR/Ownership situation have had on the team?

-Sorry to go back to this but we have been solid in defense and have generated a lot of chances, between DCL and Beto it has almost been unprecedented in terms of how many chances have been frittered away. Dyche cant kick the ball for them.

-I only bring up the loss vs Fulham in the LC as a point where the mojo we were generating had evaporated, add to that a spell where it seemed like we copped egregious officiating. At what point is it hard to remain positive and professional under all this pressure.

I think Dyche has done a good job being pragmatic and securing results to keep us in a position where we can maintain our PL status. This season has always been about survival and consolidation, Dyche has performed well in that respect.

The ultimate question is who that is out there could ensure survival because if you are going to make a change you'd only do so if there was a guarantee that any new manager would outperform Dyche who at present has given us a very good shot at survival.

If investment comes in and our PSR allows player investment, we can revisit the expectations and performance of Dyche at that point, but he at least deserves the chance to get us to safety.
If Dyche has no impact on our ability to win football matches, why do we pay him 5million a year? Why dont we just give Doris the tea lady the job and bump up her wages?

As they say you get F all for should of’s
Sorry BB72 im gonna go grammar nazi, it hurts my head but it's should have. No shade (as the kids say or at least did say at one point, i am not with it anymore).

Seriously though of course the ultimate KPI is the points on the league tab but I have to defend Dyche at this point.

I have repeated the question a lot but who is a better option?

The way i see it if you want to bring it into a "5 year plan" we probably need to put it in phases

23/24 survival,
24/25 rectify the financial situation and rebuild the squad build gameplan (its at this point we really drill into Dyches suitability.
25/26 Consolodate and Challenge for top half/lower euro

after that aim for euro spots and more hopefully.

Even that is a rose coloured timeline and best possible case scenario but my point is that we have a lot of things to fix on the fly which is really tough and I think its pretty rough to expec tmore of Dyche (at the moment)

If Dyche has no impact on our ability to win football matches, why do we pay him 5million a year? Why dont we just give Doris the tea lady the job and bump up her wages?
I never said he doesn't I actually said his gameplan and tactics has generated chances and been pretty tight at the back but at the same time the players need to execute as well

@CrimsonToffee mate, noticed the laugh emoji but in the interest of good conversation and the fact we want the same for the club (although id like to ask why crimson?)

What part of that do you think is unreasonable? Let me state im not saying you are wrong , my comments relate to how I see the situation it definitely is an interesting topic

@CrimsonToffee mate, noticed the laugh emoji but in the interest of good conversation and the fact we want the same for the club (although id like to ask why crimson?)

What part of that do you think is unreasonable? Let me state im not saying you are wrong , my comments relate to how I see the situation it definitely is an interesting topic
I've explained this on here before. I'm from Alabama and grew up an Alabama football fan (American college football) - the Crimson Tide. Nothing to do with the RS across the park, thanks for the insinuation. The fact that you went straight to that crap tells me that you do not actually want "good conversation," but against my better judgment, I'll at least say the following:

I laughed because you're just trying to rehash versions of the same old argument that I spent a good portion of this morning having with Neiler: never mind that we haven't won a league game in three months, because on the field we have earned 31 glorious points (even though 12 of those literally came in a single two week period before Christmas and it's almost Easter). Ignore the 19 points in 24 other matches (relegation form if it's ever existed) or the chronic lack of goals without any substantial change in tactics to try to find something more effective. Nope, we just have to remember that Dyche has been handed the worst squad in the history of the league with 23+ players who are all to a man not fit to be on the same pitch as him. He has no responsibility to do anything to make them better, either, don't you dare think that.

And if we go down, well, we'll just console ourselves with the idea that it wasn't our fault - it was 100% the mean old Premier League taking our points away and 0% a manager failing at being a manager. That'll make us feel better when we're watching the boys play Sunderland on a Tuesday night in September.

It's tiresome. So tiring just hearing constant excuses and the meek acceptance of our plight as if nothing at all can be done about it, so why even try? If there's a problem, solve it. If 25 points (who cares that it should be 31 at this point - what difference does that make in the table now?) on March 11th isn't a problem for us, then I don't know what else to say.

I've explained this on here before. I'm from Alabama and grew up an Alabama football fan (American college football) - the Crimson Tide. Nothing to do with the RS across the park, thanks for the insinuation. The fact that you went straight to that crap tells me that you do not actually want "good conversation," but against my better judgment, I'll at least say the following:

I laughed because you're just trying to rehash versions of the same old argument that I spent a good portion of this morning having with Neiler: never mind that we haven't won a league game in three months, because on the field we have earned 31 glorious points (even though 12 of those literally came in a single two week period before Christmas and it's almost Easter). Ignore the 19 points in 24 other matches (relegation form if it's ever existed) or the chronic lack of goals without any substantial change in tactics to try to find something more effective. Nope, we just have to remember that Dyche has been handed the worst squad in the history of the league with 23+ players who are all to a man not fit to be on the same pitch as him. He has no responsibility to do anything to make them better, either, don't you dare think that.

And if we go down, well, we'll just console ourselves with the idea that it wasn't our fault - it was 100% the mean old Premier League taking our points away and 0% a manager failing at being a manager. That'll make us feel better when we're watching the boys play Sunderland on a Tuesday night in September.

It's tiresome. So tiring just hearing constant excuses and the meek acceptance of our plight as if nothing at all can be done about it, so why even try? If there's a problem, solve it. If 25 points (who cares that it should be 31 at this point - what difference does that make in the table now?) on March 11th isn't a problem for us, then I don't know what else to say.
OK i didn't see your post explaining the origins of the name, I did actually think there may have been an Alabama link. I meant nothing by the question just curious about it, relax.

Id argue it isn't acceptance on my part it's more about what I can realistically expect. Did you expect a challenge for euro spots? Yes, the winless spell is a problem, of course it is, I'm not excusing it at all but I'm just stating there is a relatively long list of mitigating circumstances and Dyche should get a little consideration of those when assessing his job. I did mention in a post that the current spell is eroding those credits.

I will say the tactics and any change to them is obviously tied to the players available and their skill set.

25 points at this point puts us above the drop zone, with at least one game each remaining against the teams below us. I agree it isn't a great goal to aim for but in terms of survival it is some comfort. At this point we have a more than good chance of survival. Hopefully this three-week break allows the squad to recharge for a very important final push.

Again, if we are discussing Dyche's performance the 31 points is relevant. I'm not saying they are glorious points but based on the fact that we are coming off two relegation scraps and were expected and are currently in the midst of another scraping together points however ugly is the main priority. At the start of the season what did you expect.

My main point could be distilled (for want of a better term) as Is there an alternative out there that we could be confident that would get better results?

Also there's no way on gods green earth that the first team manager should let slip publicly that the academy isn't good enough.
How must everyone working in that section of the club (never mind the players) feel.

I think its time for Sean to head back to the pub and pass his time playing looky likeys.
I have no problem with him saying that the academy isn't good enough if it isn't. It's just setting expectations.

It's hardly a surprise. Personally, I appreciate the honesty. If the academy staff have a problem with it they should either up their game or get moved on. We're a business. A badly run business but a business nevertheless.

It’s got nothing to do witi the staff, it’s about the young lads reading it thinking “what’s the point staying here he won’t even look at me”.

Sorry BB72 im gonna go grammar nazi, it hurts my head but it's should have. No shade (as the kids say or at least did say at one point, i am not with it anymore).

Seriously though of course the ultimate KPI is the points on the league tab but I have to defend Dyche at this point.

I have repeated the question a lot but who is a better option?

The way i see it if you want to bring it into a "5 year plan" we probably need to put it in phases

23/24 survival,
24/25 rectify the financial situation and rebuild the squad build gameplan (its at this point we really drill into Dyches suitability.
25/26 Consolodate and Challenge for top half/lower euro

after that aim for euro spots and more hopefully.

Even that is a rose coloured timeline and best possible case scenario but my point is that we have a lot of things to fix on the fly which is really tough and I think its pretty rough to expec tmore of Dyche (at the moment)
If you’re going to go Grammar Nazi, at least check your own spellings and post content before you post. 😁