2023/24 Sean Dyche

Call me a lunatic.

I'd sack him right now , 3 weeks before our next game there's no better time.

He'll have them warm weather training doing all the very same things as we are doing now.
He's spent and I think it's starting show in the players.
This just can't carry on , it's a suicide spiral.
Who looks after the next games? You know that a successor will not be identified, a long shortlist of down on their luck managers will be interviewed several times. Maybe, with a fair wind, we might have the next manager in place to open our Championship campaign.

Wouldn't say a big fan. But I'd say he's the right man for this period of unrest.

My objectivity is down to arguing about wanting him gone based on our current form. Personally I base a large part of it on the squad and resources and was always going to happen in the season.

I'm more confident he'll turn it around compared to the last 2 managers.

If he's still in charge by next season, he'll be the longest serving manager since Koeman I believe.

That kinda shows our decline more than anything.
The utter chaos in the boardroom and the revolving door of managers are definitely huge issues. On the other hand keeping managers on just for the sake of stability itself isn't any better. Our problems have stemmed from making the wrong decisions in the first place. The only sacking I could really criticise is the Silva sacking, maybe Allardyce, the rest deserved to be sacked in all honesty and most of them should never have been appointed.
I get why people don't want Dyche sacked, he won't be anyway, there's nobody there with the authority to sack him and no money to pay him and his staff off, but with every poor performance and every game that goes by without a win makes the argument that he's the guy to turn it around weaker. Barring a very large second points deduction there's a very good chance we scrape together just enough points to stay up. Some people believe that if we do that then Dyche will have worked some sort of miracle. I don't. Finishing 6 points ahead of Luton won't be a miracle at all. What I then worry about is next year, with a thinner squad and likely one or more major sales. Will Dyche be the guy then? I'm sure plenty of people will say so, but against better opposition (Leicester, Leeds, maybe Southampton are not Sheffield United, Burnley and Luton) I struggle to see how this manager improves or even maintains our position. Who has he improved in our team? Mykolenko, yes, Doucoure, for a while, yes, currently it's hard to argue that he's not gone backwards, who else?

Who looks after the next games? You know that a successor will not be identified, a long shortlist of down on their luck managers will be interviewed several times. Maybe, with a fair wind, we might have the next manager in place to open our Championship campaign.
I have no idea who the next manager should be that is Thelwells job and a new one should have been identified weeks ago.

Palace changed their manager 3 games ago .

We are playing decent football? You need your eyes checked mate … actually… don’t even check them just try and get some new ones.

We cannot string 3 forward passes together in a row… I count them every match as it’s the only way I can keep myself interested …

Even when we are playing backwards and end up at Pickford … our players struggle and it looks as difficult for them as it does to other teams when they’re actually attacking.

They struggle to pass full stop, when going backwards it looks like they’re under massive pressure.

Every player bet branthwaite, garner and Onanna , when they are receiving a pass their body shape is always negative and never set up to drive or pass forward , their shape is always to go backward .. it’s shocking to watch
We are having loads of shots on target in each game. We just cannot finish which is annoying.

We play different football to Burnley under Dyche. Burnley never kept the ball, they played long ball and had 11 big players. We are actually playing decent football. We just can’t score.

Gallardo stats seem good but our stats seem good. I wouldn’t have trusted an inexperienced premier league manager to not keep us in the premier league. We tried the young fresh manager approach with Lampard, it didn’t work. What we need is stability right now.

Alonso has done well no doubt but has he been tested yet? He hasn’t been beaten yet so we can only judge once he’s faced defeat and we will then see if he has an ability to lift a team when they are down.
Utter nonsense. We play good awful football.

Unlike the Moyes/Allardyces of this world Dyche doesn’t actually have a patten of play that results in goals. We create chances because despite what a lot of people on here would have you believe we actually have some decent players. We don’t create chances in a consistent way (ie balls into the box, clinical passing etc. it is mostly just pressure that pays off).

People would get behind him more if there was any clear style of play that was meant to win games.

But there isn’t. There is a goal to not concede. And that is it.

We play different football to Burnley under Dyche. Burnley never kept the ball, they played long ball and had 11 big players. We are actually playing decent football. We just can’t score.

Gallardo stats seem good but our stats seem good. I wouldn’t have trusted an inexperienced premier league manager to not keep us in the premier league. We tried the young fresh manager approach with Lampard, it didn’t work. What we need is stability right now.

Alonso has done well no doubt but has he been tested yet? He hasn’t been beaten yet so we can only judge once he’s faced defeat and we will then see if he has an ability to lift a team when they are down.
Brilliant trolling. Fair play

So the question I’ll pose to you is: with the same set of players that we have, would Bielsa have had us more potent and dangerous in attack.

Because I’m constantly being told that these players can never score or play a different way

Bielsa took one look at the squad that is still more or less there and said no thanks. They dont have the players to implement my style of football. I mean literally from the horses mouth.

Bielsa took one look at the squad that is still more or less there and said no thanks. They dont have the players to implement my style of football. I mean literally from the horses mouth.
Well , not quite .
I don’t know what he said exactly, since I wasn’t there .
But it was reported that he wanted to work with the younger players before taking full control to begin implementing his style.

Well , not quite .
I don’t know what he said exactly, since I wasn’t there .
But it was reported that he wanted to work with the younger players before taking full control to begin implementing his style.

He said he wanted to mould the u21 squad because the first team squad currently were not his type of players.
Why are we denying it. He literally said it.

The dyche fan boys have gone from saying for the last 3 months, look at the stats, the metrics the Xg. It will turn.

To now saying, there’s nobody to sack him, we can’t afford to sack him and who would come to us

Point is that at the moment his methods (it’s not really a style as such) are clearly not working and as the manager he has to find a way to get results.
Yet for 3 months he has ploughed the same barren furrow with the same predictable outcomes.
His home record is abominable.
He is like a rabbit in the headlights at the moment , just waiting for the same car to hit him repeatedly yet making no attempt to alter his position.
That is not good management in fact it’s the absence of any management whatsoever.
He is failing.

Bielsa would of already had us down though, Dyche is just taking a little longer...

Though take away Moshiri's PSR treats and I doubt we would be stuck having these conversations...
I still want him gone by BMD tho. Thats plenty of time to spend on finding the right replacement. Instead of rush jobs on out of work derelict failures !!!