2023/24 Sean Dyche

You've no idea what they do in training. Not. One. Especially to get players firing.

O'Neil has better quality strikers in terms of finishing (Cunha, Hwang). Emery has Watkins. Once you crack how to get them opportunities, they score them.

Again, are we complaining about not creating chances or putting them away? You can read articles about how statically Calvert Lewin's chances to conversion should have him on at least 8-9 goals. He's on 3.

Just looking now...we're 10th for big chances created (53). United are 11th (43). Wolves are 13th (43). West Ham 14th (41).

We've created 10+ more statistically better opportunities this season than United, West Ham and Wolves. Yet don't have the tally to show for it.

There's 2 ways of looking at that. Either our players don't have the quality to finish. Or these "chances" aren't really chances that players in the league can finish.
Mate this Cunhas best ever goal return throughout his entire career, with the exception of his first ever season playing for Sion when he got 10. The same with Hee-Chan

My point is that O’Neil found a system that utilises them

And I know, from watching the game they don’t do anything. Its been 42 games and we play the same, predictable slow build up attacking football

You've no idea what they do in training. Not. One. Especially to get players firing.

O'Neil has better quality strikers in terms of finishing (Cunha, Hwang). Emery has Watkins. Once you crack how to get them opportunities, they score them.

Again, are we complaining about not creating chances or putting them away? You can read articles about how statically Calvert Lewin's chances to conversion should have him on at least 8-9 goals. He's on 3.

Just looking now...we're 10th for big chances created (53). United are 11th (43). Wolves are 13th (43). West Ham 14th (41).

We've created 10+ more statistically better opportunities this season than United, West Ham and Wolves. Yet don't have the tally to show for it.

There's 2 ways of looking at that. Either our players don't have the quality to finish. Or these "chances" aren't really chances that players in the league can finish.
Lift your head from the statistics.
Use your eyes to evaluate the performances.
Are you are satisfied with the team selection , the tactics used and the in game management ( or lack thereof) ?
I am not .
Statistics merely indicative and arbitrary.
The final result is what counts.
If we keep failing to win , or failing to score , then use those statistics to alter something , change personnel, not continue to plough the same old furrow.
But if you want to rely on statistics , let us ponder how they reveal that all Dyche teams are low scoring and that his home record is habitually poor , no matter what the club , no matter which players he has access to.
Those statistics confirm what a can see with my eyes after observing him closely as manager of my club; he is an extremely limited manager whose teams are largely negative and produce little in the way of goals or endeavour.

Perhaps you should take that up with them personally instead of reacting like it’s a whole fan base, just a thought 😂

Edit: I’ve also noticed you’ve carefully side stepped my second point.
No mate, I’m not arsed what people say it’s their choice. I don’t agree with it.

Just clearly pointing out that someone did say it which proved I was correct

So just to condense the thread. We don't score goals.

The difference of opinion is:

Whether you blame the manager and a flavor of the month like Gary O Neill comes in and gets us free scoring.

Or

We sold all our best scoring players and our current attacking players have limited quality and are unable to finish.

Whether you blame the manager and a flavor of the month like Gary O Neill comes in and gets us free scoring.

Or

We sold all our best scoring players and our current attacking players have limited quality and are unable to finish.
It's perfectly acceptable to think it's somewhere in the middle, because it is.

Everton's attack is poor. Everton's players are poor.

Everton also have a manager who has won only 17 of his last 75 PL matches, and across 304 PL games, has teams that have scored 297 goals.

He's not going anywhere right now but he has three weeks to sort it out or Everton will go down.

Or

Its the latter for me.

He looks and sounds like a manager who`s run out of ideas and is starting to go full Benitez, with his " I know best " waffle.

The problem is that he`s running out of time.
Issue is he has always been like that as a manager.

I don't think he's tried to be negative (most of the time) as Everton boss. I really don't. But the issue is he just isn't a good enough manager because he struggles to get out of his own way. He's shown that so many times in his career.

The chaos he's had to deal with is ridiculous, but that chaos is the only reason he's here in the first place.

Or

To be fair O’Neil got a struggling Bournemouth team comfortably away from the relegation and now doing a great job at wolves, I’d imagine he will go on to a bigger club and not stay at wolves for 10yrs and happy to keep them 17th

Lift your head from the statistics.
Use your eyes to evaluate the performances.
Are you are satisfied with the team selection , the tactics used and the in game management ( or lack thereof) ?
I am not .
Statistics merely indicative and arbitrary.
The final result is what counts.
If we keep failing to win , or failing to score , then use those statistics to alter something , change personnel, not continue to plough the same old furrow.
But if you want to rely on statistics , let us ponder how they reveal that all Dyche teams are low scoring and that his home record is habitually poor , no matter what the club , no matter which players he has access to.
Those statistics confirm what a can see with my eyes after observing him closely as manager of my club; he is an extremely limited manager whose teams are largely negative and produce little in the way of goals or endeavour.

They also reveal that his strikers score 10+ goals a season (as mentioned before here).

We're talking specifically about taking chances.

I think I've also proved that if you look at West Ham for example are basically the carbon copy of ourselves (limited in possession, not aesthetically pleasing on the eye) but yet have more quality when it counts.

Additionally they all come to the same conclusion. Regardless of manager, there's limitations on the players in the squad - whether it's passing, scoring etc. and yes, its down to results.

As for me...for the most part I can say I'm satisfied with how we're set up. I have issues in game management and there's been games he's got completely wrong. However...I personally have spent more time thinking "how have we not scored/got something out of the game" than I have thinking "that was awful" - and those games were Wolves (a), Villa (a), Luton (h).