2023/24 Sean Dyche

I agree it’s on the finishing.

Dyche said he didn’t think they need a striking coach.

I think that blindness is the issue.

A striking coach, cant coach quality in my opinion.

In truth, Dom has alway needed a high % of low risk chances to score as good as his all round game can be hes never been a great finisher.

Beto is another, he seems to need to much high % of chances and doent look mobile between the lines.

Both are snatchers, blasting it or trying to just get the end of someting and hope.

We have finsihers in Harrison and McNeill, the Duke aint bad - they arent chipping in with more the 5-8 plus for a season, which leaves is short.

Its quality for me, even a journey man Danny Ings or someone makes a diffeence to us.

Criminal the chances going begging, but its in finishing quality in my opinion, its mental.

In truth, Dom has alway needed a high % of low risk chances to score as good as his all round game can be hes never been a great finisher.

Beto is another, he seems to need to much high % of chances and doent look mobile between the lines.

Both are snatchers, blasting it or trying to just get the end of someting and hope.

We have finsihers in Harrison and McNeill, the Duke aint no bad - they arent chipping in with more the 5-8 plus for a season, which leaves is short.

Its quality for me, even a journey man Danny Ings or someone makes a diffeence to us.

Criminal the chances going begging, but its in finishing quality, its mental.
You have no idea if it would or wouldn’t because you have no idea what they do in training now.

But whatever they’re doing clearly isn’t working

I think I'm one of the most patient and have supported him mainly as we have created chances before and our squad is.garbage. but I'm not sure this can go on much longer. Who can we get in? What's lee Carsley doing?

What we can establish from GrandOldTeam.com is:
  • Doucoure and McNeil are fantastic and are a must
  • We can’t score, and have no real attacking patterns of play but that’s not the managers fault
  • The 6 point deduction is a reason why we’ve 5 points from 33
So it’s not the managers fault, not the attacking players fault

who are we blaming?
On the above it's got to be the fans and both stadiums fault

We have finsihers in Harrison and McNeill, the Duke aint bad - they arent chipping in with more the 5-8 plus for a season, which leaves is short.

Criminal the chances going begging, but its in finishing quality in my opinion, its mental.
If every one of our attacking players is struggling to score, the problem is systemic.

I don’t see how anyone can view that differently.

Whether it’s psychological or technical, it’s a universal issue within the squad.

It wasn’t, now it is.

Coaching is the only thing that can change that.

The only thing.

And Dyche thinks they just need to ‘do what they’ve been doing.’

You're right about coaching quality.

But how does Luton coach get players who came up from L1/2 to score more goals than our strikers?

I don't think striking coach is a bad idea. It might give players breath of fresh air/different perspective.

It won't happen tho. Dyche will carry on doing the same things.

I get the impression it must be really lifeless/rigid training environment.