2023/24 Sean Dyche

Che Adams is still Dyche young and has Everton in his name.

I've never been less excited about a summer of transfers honestly lol
Impossible to predict how this summer will go till we know what League we are in.

Onana and Branners will leave for sure, but if we get relegated, who even knows what happens.

Thank God we have an excellent match winning manager to drag us over the line.

Mate, shocking how you've not seen that the glass ceiling has already been hit.

I can confidently answer all of those questions myself just now, as it's Sean Dyche, the most "known quantity" manager in English football.

Moyes hit his glass ceiling a few years in though, "cup finalS" is a funny term for Davey as he's reached a total of 1 with us lol

I defiantly don't though. We all know there are clear limits hes working in which limits recruitment while hes trying to get the best out of a rag tag bunch put together by 7 different managers. He deserves a chance to build and impact in his own way. I think thats fair. Hes taken a club worse then us into Europe in this league i see nothing to suggest he doesn't have the skills do it again given time and support.

Lets be honest mate, you didnt want before he came, so objecitivity are going to have bias in terms of context and scope of development. I do admire that you stick with it when we are doing well though!

Yes that's fair enough on Davey mate - dare i say good times! lol

What amazes me is how people liked Lampard and he had a unifying effect, we played worse pointless football under him in my opinion, i dont know what it is with Dyche that just turns some people off. Does it all come down to profiling..........

Last edited:
I defiantly don't though. We all know tere are clear limits hes working in which limits recuritment while hes trying to get the best out of a rag tag bunch put together by 7 different managers. He deserves a chance to build and impact in his own way. I think thats fair.

Lets be honest mate, you didnt want before he came, so objecitivity is going to have bias in terms of context and scope of developement. I do admire that you stick with it when we are doing well though!

Yes that's fair enough on Davey mate - dare i say good times! lol
I don't want him now either but I'm not stupid (I'd like to think) - if he was doing a good job I'd praise him and get behind him, team is bigger than my opinion on him. That said, he's objectively not doing well, we've not won in months, he will definitely do the exact same thing he's done his entire career as that's how he works and what he knows.

He had money at Burnley twice and absolutely wasted it on pensioners and big tall guys who run. Again, I would absolutely 1000000% LOVE to be wrong here, gladly eat some humble pie if we actually perform well consistently or build for any kind of future, but I'm also confident it will be more of the same - play for draws and hoof; give younger players a chance never.

Also saying it again - if this current form was by any other manager in our history he'd be lynched, yet we're here making excuses and praising running and xG for him.

We'd all give an arm and a leg for those good times back tbh lol but also mental that people actually want Moyes back.

Zat gets ideas in his head and keeps repeating him.

Beto and DCL will be moved on and replaced with a young Striker
Pickford will be moved on and replaced with a young GK
Keane and Holgate will be moved on......

You get the idea.

By which time we'll be in league 1.

I don't want him now either but I'm not stupid (I'd like to think) - if he was doing a good job I'd praise him and get behind him, team is bigger than my opinion on him. That said, he's objectively not doing well, we've not won in months, he will definitely do the exact same thing he's done his entire career as that's how he works and what he knows.

He had money at Burnley twice and absolutely wasted it on pensioners and big tall guys who run. Again, I would absolutely 1000000% LOVE to be wrong here, gladly eat some humble pie if we actually perform well consistently or build for any kind of future, but I'm also confident it will be more of the same - play for draws and hoof; give younger players a chance never.

Also saying it again - if this current form was by any other manager in our history he'd be lynched, yet we're here making excuses and praising running and xG for him.

We'd all give an arm and a leg for those good times back tbh lol but also mental that people actually want Moyes back.

I think that's overlay harsh mate. He walked into a club that just wasn't competitive, players melted, the culture was bad and mentality poor. It doesn't matter if you throw James Rodriguiz in there - or drop 40 mill on one player, if you dont rectify that you get no where. The first thing any manager worth his salt does is make us competitive, change the culture and build a mentality. I see that in spades. I think the squad overall lacks quality, but we have a chance of getting a result in any game in this league. Despite being in the lower part of the league in squad depth, historical planning, good governance and overall quality - particularly in advanced areas. Hes working with what hes got to be honest. The difference in all i describe from him to previous managers, is strikingly better - that is the sign of a very good manager.

You describe, his time at Burnley bleakly, but he also built the club from the bottom up appexing in Europe, its a kin to say a manger at Plymouth today bringing a club up and getting them into Europe. I think we all know relatively speaking he never spent big at Burnley.

On recuritment - i agree to an extent its an open question, but i dont think hes ever worked without limits, but i think hes earned the chance to have a go, i know hes balanced a woefully unbalanced squad in the summer and is picking up better comparative results and we are more competitive and earned more points. I often wonder what impact our fiancial limits have on managers. Take Moyes you could argue he made in the main pragmatic signings when here, with a few bob hes now signing the likes of Kudos, Pauqetta etc. I find that interesting.

I think there is an appreciation amonsgt the majority - that any other manager in our history hasnt had this level of adversity so like for like comparsons cant be made, if we dont have a ponits deduction we are more or less safe and higher up the table - which indicates incremental progress - thats the underlying thread organically and i think fair minded people see that.

Id take Moyes back in a heart beat to be honest. But i dont see him doing much difference with the hand Dyche has been dealt if im honest. It need two to three years of stablising the ship.

Last edited:

Disgusted at his selection today. Unreal. Must be on the brink if he goes a further few games without a win - you cannot remain in place in a relegation fight when you've not taken a win in half a season.

….8th best in the league for chance creativity. Not sure many others would have that level with this group of players. It’s just not his fault that the team lacks quality, it’s remarkable he continues to give the team a chance to win football matches.

I think that's overlay harsh mate. He walked into a club that just wasn't competitive, players melted, the culture was bad and mentality poor. It doesn't matter if you throw James Rodriguiz in there - or drop 40 mill on one player, if you dont rectify that you get no where. The first thing any manager worth his salt does is make us competitive, change the culture and build a mentality. I see that in spades. I think the squad overall lacks quality, but we have a chance of getting a result in any game in this league. Despite being in the lower part of the league in squad depth, historical planning, good governance and overall quality - particularly in advanced areas. Hes working with what hes got to be honest. The difference in all i describe from him to previous managers, is strikingly better - that is the sign of a very good manager.

You describe, his time at Burnley bleakly, but he also built the club from the bottom up appexing in Europe, its a kin to say a manger at Plymouth today bringing a club up and getting them into Europe. I think we all know relatively speaking he never spent big at Burnley.

On recuritment - i agree to an extent its an open question, but i dont think hes ever worked without limits, but i think hes earned the chance to have a go, i know hes balanced a woefully unbalanced squad in the summer and is picking up better comparative results and we are more competitive and earned more points. I often wonder what impact our fiancial limits have on managers. Take Moyes you could argue he made in the main pragmatic signings when here, with a few bob hes now signing the likes of Kudos, Pauqetta etc. I find that interesting.

I think there is an appreciation amonsgt the majority - that any other manager in our history hasnt had this level of adversity so like for like comparsons cant be made, if we dont have a ponits deduction we are more or less safe and higher up the table - which indicates incremental progress - thats the underlying thread organically and i think fair minded people see that.

Id take Moyes back in a heart beat to be honest. But i dont see him doing much difference with the hand Dyche has been dealt if im honest. It need two to three years of stablising the ship.
I can argue all of those points, my favourite one is the "he took Burnley to Europe" one though - he did, on an all-time point low, lowest goals scored and tanked out instantly from the competition. Yada yada limitations of the squad - but that was his squad he built over 10 years lol he, once again, failed to prepare to play in Europe.

He has earned nothing based on this season alone. You can call it harsh, sure, it might be, but I want my team to succeed and build for the future, not give *another* stop gap money and time to spend when we know the results will be bleak.

Moyes back is basically suicide anyway - another dinosaur and it will 100% be an emotional hire, which we absolutely need to get rid of.

….8th best in the league for chance creativity. Not sure many others would have that level with this group of players. It’s just not his fault that the team lacks quality, it’s remarkable he continues to give the team a chance to win football matches.
No win since December, but we win the xG, and that's naturally not down to the manager as usual lol

Did you think the same for Martinez mate - just defenders making mistakes, what's he supposed to do? We should've given him another season really.

Disgusted at his selection today. Unreal. Must be on the brink if he goes a further few games without a win - you cannot remain in place in a relegation fight when you've not taken a win in half a season.
You must be disgusted every week then cos this is the same formation/team he's been playing all season. His throw of a dice is to play Beto, that's the one thing he's changed and i'm surprised he did that.

No win since December, but we win the xG, and that's naturally not down to the manager as usual lol

Did you think the same for Martinez mate - just defenders making mistakes, what's he supposed to do? We should've given him another season really.

….i’d be critical if we had effective options but we don’t. It’s normal for fans to prefer players who are not in the side but the reality is, they’re not in the side for a reason. I find it difficult to see a glaring error in the team selection today.

Zat gets ideas in his head and keeps repeating him.

Beto and DCL will be moved on and replaced with a young Striker
Pickford will be moved on and replaced with a young GK
Keane and Holgate will be moved on......

You get the idea.

He also thinks if we sell Beto for £30m this summer then we’ll pocket all of it and won’t have to pay Udinese any of the money that we owe them.