2023/24 Sean Dyche

Maybe…and I’m just spitballing here, he’s not putting the right players in the right positions. We have 1 goal from open play in 11, and it was the guy he finally gave a chance to that netted. You can debate how crap Beto is (and he looks crap), but continuing to do the same thing with the same players and expecting them to magically start doing what they’re incapable of is down to a stubborn manager.

Hardly spoilt for choice then. You've even labelled the player who should be in the right position as crap.

Net spend may have been low, but we have spent a decent amount of money in that 3 seasons.

21/22 - 32m
22/23 - 70m
23/24 - 38m.

It’s not like we haven't spent enough to have brought in some decent players. And the best players have been low fees/free.

It’s only a 6 point deduction.

Mental fortitude to not win a game in 12 games?
Tenth highest wage bill in the league (20th in Europe, above AC Milan, Napoli, Leverkusen, et al) and the sixth highest-paid manager, too.

I'm not going to pretend that it's not a poor situation, but these are by far the most resources that a manager on Dyche's level could ever hope to have access to. He'll be lucky if he doesn't have to drop down a division once he finishes here.

Tenth highest wage bill in the league (20th in Europe, above AC Milan, Napoli, Leverkusen, et al) and the sixth highest-paid manager, too.

I'm not going to pretend that it's not a poor situation, but these are by far the most resources that a manager on Dyche's level could ever hope to have access to. He'll be lucky if he doesn't have to drop down a division once he finishes here.

Doesn't really give the full picture when you consider Gomes, Ali and Holgate take home not far off £300k a week between them.

A wage bill doesnt equate to quality. And if any fan base knows that more its Evertons. We never get value for money. Many Everton players in the past few years wouldnt have got anywhere near the wage at other clubs.

Doesn't really give the full picture when you consider Gomes, Ali and Holgate take home not far off £300k a week between them.
No, but there aren't many clubs in the bottom half fielding multiple players on £80-100k a week.

Pickford, Tarkowski, Gana, Doucoure and Calver-Lewin are all on serious money.

Shame the goalie is the only one among them who looks like a footballer.

No, but there aren't many clubs in the bottom half fielding multiple players on £80-100k a week.

Both have been immense this season

Had a quick Google of player salaries and found the following number of players for clubs in the bottom half of the table on £80k a week plus (obviously take with a pinch of salt, but it probably gives a round about correct figure):

Chelsea have 14
Everton have 10
Palace have 6
Fulham have 5
Forest have 5 (including Origi, don't know what %age of his salary they're paying)
Bournemouth have 1
Brentford and the bottom 3 have none.

So we have more than most in the bottom half. Points wise we're only behind Chelsea and behind Fulham on G/D.

Net spend may have been low, but we have spent a decent amount of money in that 3 seasons.

21/22 - 32m
22/23 - 70m
23/24 - 38m.

It’s not like we haven't spent enough to have brought in some decent players. And the best players have been low fees/free.

It’s only a 6 point deduction.

Mental fortitude to not win a game in 12 games?

I'm not sure that a hell of a lot of money in modern terms mate, especially when you consider players who have left and money coming in.

yes we’re 13th but going backwards and I’d happily take a bet we won’t be higher than 15th adding the 6 points on come the end of the season

And bringing up Klopp🤣🤣🤣🤣 he obviously learnt from his mistakes from his first management job and has now become one of the best in the world and winning trophies,

Dyche does the same thing every week excepting different results, he’s doing at Everton what he did at Burnley 10yrs ago, probably the reason no big and middle of the road clubs, head hunted him from Burnley

13th is going backwards, id like to introduce you to Everton of the last two years.

Both have been immense this season
Can't say I'm a fan of either.
Had a quick Google of player salaries and found the following number of players for clubs in the bottom half of the table on £80k a week plus (obviously take with a pinch of salt, but it probably gives a round about correct figure):

Chelsea have 14
Everton have 10
Palace have 6
Fulham have 5
Forest have 5 (including Origi, don't know what %age of his salary they're paying)
Bournemouth have 1
Brentford and the bottom 3 have none.

So we have more than most in the bottom half. Points wise we're only behind Chelsea and behind Fulham on G/D.
All this tells me is that Chelsea are an absolute disgrace.

We were living beyond our means especially the first few Moshiri years, which truly visible. We should not be paying 5m for any manager rn, just truly shocking and he is still bound till 2025. which would make to pay us 10m of sacking fee rn.

Harrison is on 90k, Alli and Gomes combined 215k, Gueye 80k. Which is over 1/4 of the whole week salaries are expiring. Only would extend Gueye in case he accepts a pay cut to keep him as a squad player.