2023/24 Sean Dyche

I would still think this season over all is going better than expected. The current winless run is bad but hey I didn’t expect much good from this squad anyway. This is the kind of run relegation-threatened bottom half teams go on. I don’t think a club at that level which we are, and with feck all money will be thinking to change manager at any point in next couple seasons unless we look like going a fair few points adrift in the bottom three

I do feel for those still dreaming of better football/performances and more goals/wins and getting worked up on all the details of what the manager is or isn’t doing. Much much easier if you expect only survival and nothing else.

Summer of 2025 I’ll find it more difficult again as a fan as if we have new owners I’ll be hoping for more for our first season in our new home. And it’s the hope that kills you

Dyche can only put them in position to score the goals off the pitch in training. The players have to take some ownership when they miss sitters, open netters and 1v1s (and Penalties, FML) on it.

His clubs haven't scored goals because he's always in a position of trying to make chicken salad out of chicken feathers. Cheap strikers are cheap for a reason, and Mo Salah and Mbappe ain't comin to Everton or Burnley for £30m.

Besides, who else wants to walk into this Club as it stands? We all love it, but objectively, we are a mess right now. Dyche really seems to like being here, and his players love him, and he loves them back. Let him cook, as the kids say.
But over his 10yrs at Burnley and his year at Everton , there have been worse squads and teams scoring more goals and looking dangerous when attacking.
It’s a good excuse to say he hasn’t the players, maybe set the team up to actually try and win the game, West Ham was one of the few games, that we have had more Possession and opportunities, but it’s not a regular occurrence, like a lot seem to think.

Of course he loves being here getting paid 5mil to finish 17th and half the fan base will call your a miracle worker.

I would still think this season over all is going better than expected. The current winless run is bad but hey I didn’t expect much good from this squad anyway. This is the kind of run relegation-threatened bottom half teams go on. I don’t think a club at that level which we are, and with feck all money will be thinking to change manager at any point in next couple seasons unless we look like going a fair few points adrift in the bottom three

I do feel for those still dreaming of better football/performances and more goals/wins and getting worked up on all the details of what the manager is or isn’t doing. Much much easier if you expect only survival and nothing else.

Summer of 2025 I’ll find it more difficult again as a fan as if we have new owners I’ll be hoping for more for our first season in our new home. And it’s the hope that kills you
Yes fans in BMD are going to watch this football paying a lot more money they’re now and sit there and clap when we win 3 games at home in our first season. Hes getting booed most weeks now, a majority of fans have had enough already. There’s no way he’s still our manager, when we play
Our first game at BMD, unless something drastically changes and going off the last 11 years, I doubt anything changes.

Any why should the fan base just hope for survival every season, thats embarrassing. And im sure even this 777 can afford 5mil to get rid in the summer or even let his contract run down to the summer of 2025. He’d be gone after Utd if moshiri was still running things

Dyche can only put them in position to score the goals off the pitch in training. The players have to take some ownership when they miss sitters, open netters and 1v1s (and Penalties, FML) on it.

His clubs haven't scored goals because he's always in a position of trying to make chicken salad out of chicken feathers. Cheap strikers are cheap for a reason, and Mo Salah and Mbappe ain't comin to Everton or Burnley for £30m.

Besides, who else wants to walk into this Club as it stands? We all love it, but objectively, we are a mess right now. Dyche really seems to like being here, and his players love him, and he loves them back. Let him cook, as the kids say.
Maybe…and I’m just spitballing here, he’s not putting the right players in the right positions. We have 1 goal from open play in 11, and it was the guy he finally gave a chance to that netted. You can debate how crap Beto is (and he looks crap), but continuing to do the same thing with the same players and expecting them to magically start doing what they’re incapable of is down to a stubborn manager.

Is it actually possible to play worse football than we do now under Dyche?

Some of you need your head wobbled.

Zero investment in 3 seasons. A team stripped down to the barebones. 10 point deduction. Mental fortitude to stick with our. Outside the relegation zone.

Come on. Have a think.
Net spend may have been low, but we have spent a decent amount of money in that 3 seasons.

21/22 - 32m
22/23 - 70m
23/24 - 38m.

It’s not like we haven't spent enough to have brought in some decent players. And the best players have been low fees/free.

It’s only a 6 point deduction.

Mental fortitude to not win a game in 12 games?

Sooner or later that argument has nowhere to go, the bottom line dyche teams in his career don’t score goals it can’t just be the players. 297 goals in 303 games. They are also facts and data

A safety first manager and doesn’t know how to win games, he’s more concerned trying not to lose them, yes he can set up a team to be hard to beat and be a set piece team, though we have given up a lot of chances from set pieces too recently , I’m not that much into stats, but just going off what I’ve seen, prior to West Ham a lot of chances had start to dry up. Also we were 12th for a while without the points deduction, now 13th on goal difference with that team having a game in hand. We have 3 tough away games. By the time we play Burnley we could be 15th without the points deduction and all of a sudden it starts to lose credibility and the line dyche has us a sold mid table side.

We haven’t won since December, we’re in relegation form and the manager has to take responsibility for that

I'm not particularly bothered about any one individual run of form (although no problems admitting this is a poor one results-wise), but the fact is he has put enough points on the board to have us 13th right at this moment in time. The rest of what you've written there is subjective other than the goals per game, but even that is barely relevant given the fact he was managing teams of a lesser standard. It would be like me using stats from Klopp's time managing Mainz (when he got them relegated) as an argument against him.

When you say you're not into stats, that sort of says you'd rather debate on subjective stuff rather than anything with a basis in fact.

Everton are 13th based on Dyche's results this season. That's factual. You can have an opinion on whether we should be doing better than that, but I'd be interested in the reasons why if so.

I'm not particularly bothered about any one individual run of form (although no problems admitting this is a poor one results-wise), but the fact is he has put enough points on the board to have us 13th right at this moment in time. The rest of what you've written there is subjective other than the goals per game, but even that is barely relevant given the fact he was managing teams of a lesser standard. It would be like me using stats from Klopp's time managing Mainz (when he got them relegated) as an argument against him.

When you say you're not into stats, that sort of says you'd rather debate on subjective stuff rather than anything with a basis in fact.

Everton are 13th based on Dyche's results this season. That's factual. You can have an opinion on whether we should be doing better than that, but I'd be interested in the reasons why if so.
yes we’re 13th but going backwards and I’d happily take a bet we won’t be higher than 15th adding the 6 points on come the end of the season

And bringing up Klopp🤣🤣🤣🤣 he obviously learnt from his mistakes from his first management job and has now become one of the best in the world and winning trophies,

Dyche does the same thing every week excepting different results, he’s doing at Everton what he did at Burnley 10yrs ago, probably the reason no big and middle of the road clubs, head hunted him from Burnley