2023/24 Sean Dyche

Yes because that’s how it works 🤣🤣🤣 another clueless braindead fan

Perhaps you would prefer to have a spelling contest, seeing as you dont appear to be competent at much else?

No it’s not.

I’m suggesting with better finishing we’d maybe be in and around Chelsea or Newcastle.

You’re suggesting being up where Utd are (who are themselves 5 points clear of Brighton in 7th).

There’s no metric anywhere to suggest that’s we we 'should' be.

With 6pts back we'd be four off Chelsea and six behind Newcastle.

With effective forwards we'd be well above those.

Also, again i havent mentioned United or that we would or should be top 6.

Once again, i stated a neutral looking at the 3 stats posted would guess we were a top 6 team.

Perhaps you would prefer to have a spelling contest, seeing as you dont appear to be competent at much else?

Once again, i stated a neutral looking at the 3 stats posted would guess we were a top 6 team.

Who do you think are the most effective forwards?

Any neutral seeing we have:

A: The 4th best defence in the league.
B: 2nd highest team to hit the woodwork
C: Create 10th most chances

Would surely assume were a top 6 side.

But as our forwards dont score instead many of our fans blame Dyche.

Mad.

3rd lowest scorers In the league
Only 3 wins at home all season
Longest winless streak in the league
Lowest amount of goals scored from open play

But we don't!

Before we were creating the 8th most chances with 4th best defence

If thats not top 6 level stats wise idk what is.

Doucoure & Onana got injured and then weve dropped off.

Just goes to show stats do not tell the whole story. Anyone with eyes can see that we are nowhere near a top 6 team. We have players that cannot do the basics of football and if we did go down, kept all our players … we would be expected to be the best team in the championship but I don’t think we would. I don’t think we would be scoring lots of goals, I don’t think we would be playing good footy … I don’t think DCL would be scoring 20 a season …

Also................................to elaborate on this!

As a coach/manager Sean Dyche is not utilising our forwards properly!

Dom has been used in different ways by different managers, most usefully by Ancelotti, Silva used him as the legs and a nuisance, which was effective!
Lampard even got goals out of him!
The only manager that hasn't managed that is Dyche, is that a coincidence!

Used at someone like Arsenal or even Brighton/Brentford, Calvert Lewin would be much more effective!

You just have to look at the transformation of Maupay at Brentford to see that it isn't always necessarily the players fault for bad runs or poor form.

His goal scoring record is terrible this season.......agreed, but how many chances has he missed that he should of scored? Villa at home? A couple of headers? (which are far harder than XG ever make out)

Our chances are never 'controlled chances' they are always scraps bitty or from deep crosses expecting him to outjump to 6ft 4 centre halves.

We never play it into him in dangerous areas or have runners off him to pull defenders away! Our wingers are wide midfielders not wide forwards like say Richarlison was!
No one gets remotely near the lad.

Plus he never gets the opportunity in the last 20 odd minutes of the game when defenders tend to switch off as he always gets subbed for Beto, Dom would of put away at least 4 of the chances Beto has had

Well one thing is certain, i have far more appreciation for pragmatic football than you.

Some of the best teams ive seen have been with a solid defence...difference being they had players that finished.

What a shame youre focused on pretty football and not effective football.

Dyche isn't pragmatic though, he's got a dogmatic way of playing. Pep Guardiola also has a dogmatic way of playing, it's just a very different one.

As you can see with Kompany and Burnley this season, Dyche's style is more accustomed to a dogfight with fairly limited footballers, although Everton have more quality than Burnley in most areas.

If you gave Dyche £100m to spend in the summer then the football next season would remain broadly the same.

Dyche isn't pragmatic though, he's got a dogmatic way of playing. Pep Guardiola also has a dogmatic way of playing, it's just a very different one.

As you can see with Kompany and Burnley this season, Dyche's style is more accustomed to a dogfight with fairly limited footballers, although Everton have more quality than Burnley in most areas.

If you gave Dyche £100m to spend in the summer then the football next season would remain broadly the same.
Hard to know as I’m not sure Dyche has ever had £100 million to spend. Everybody thought Moyes would be great with massive amounts of cash and he was dire to be fair. My honest opinion though is it’s not likely.

Last edited: