2023/24 Sean Dyche

I want to see the dyche from earlier this season where possession wasn't a priority but we were counter attacking by making direct on the ground forward passes and making chances instead of this recent homages to allardyce where we just set up so far deep we can't even bring the ball up the pitch without pickford making a long kick , we should of won that brighton game it was inexcusable to not have a more attacking threat and be dominated by a 10 man team because dyche's strategy was so negative

I keep hearing this crap team shout, on paper we really aren't though.
Englands no1 in goals
A young CH that we are talking as being worth £50m+ alongside a very decent PL experienced CH who has played every game since signing.
International left back
*very very average right back options
Young Belgian International we are talking as being worth......... alongside a very decent experienced International centre mid
Goal machine Duke
Two average PL wingers
And a striker who was talked as being back up to Harry Kane for England only a few years back.
That's a starting 11 that should be top half of a very average PL.
Dyche def hasn't got this side punching above their weight, and although the main thing is survival in the near future he isn't the answer anytime beyond that.
I think most fans realise that

Amen.

Hard to argue. Crap manager for a crap team. Fits like a glove.
Unfortunately I have to agree.
Football is mind-numbing, but he has improved our position and we'd be comfortably mid-table without the deduction.

Still can't wait till we're in a place where we are comfortable to bring in someone else though.

I think we’re actually fortunate that he was available at the time.

4 points on an off day. Give this man his due.

Indeed.

I'd give him till the end of the season and, whatever happens, say goodbye Sean.

If we get deducted 12 points this season, and he still keeps us up, do you think thats a bad job given where we were 18 months ago?

At the point Lampard got fired if we’d have known we might get a 12 point deduction the following season, would Evertonians have taken us staying up not only that season but also staying up the season after even allowing for the points deduction?

Every single fan would have said yes, but barely 12 months on and the same old lot are out about attacking football and dominating teams and being on the front foot. It isn’t happening with these players under any manager for the foreseeable.

If we get deducted 12 points this season, and he still keeps us up, do you think thats a bad job given where we were 18 months ago?

At the point Lampard got fired if we’d have known we might get a 12 point deduction the following season, would Evertonians have taken us staying up not only that season but also staying up the season after even allowing for the points deduction?

Every single fan would have said yes, but barely 12 months on and the same old lot are out about attacking football and dominating teams and being on the front foot. It isn’t happening with these players under any manager for the foreseeable.
Your last part is utter rubbish. We have a team of past or present internationals. Some are being touted for big money moves to top clubs. Potter changed how Brighton played overnight, Iraolo has changed how Bournemouth play.

A better manager/coach could implement an actual style instead of just booting it long and hoping to get a corner. Also nothing changes with dyche, even if he’s given a chunk of the Oanan and Branthwaite money. He will just buy more McNeil’s and Harrison’s for the wing.
Another doucoure to play behind the striker, another Beto to replace DCL
And full backs that can only defend. If he’s 1 more years or 5, nothing is changing.

Hopefully Thelwell the new sporting team/owners and board,
Actually have a plan to
Move forward and play 2024 football and not Wimbledon from 1994