2023/24 Sean Dyche

yes he’s doing a good job, that’s not in debate, it’s the style and I’ve seen echo journalists who normally won’t criticise anyone, say the palace game was a terrible performance. If you along with dyche thought was ok fair enough.

Lampard in 22 after Rafael and dyche in 23 after Lampard had very similar records. Final 20 games, Like I’ve mentioned Lampard was working with a car crash of squad for the opening dozen game last season and then the wheels fell. Lampard is a poor manager, what does that say about dyche. The dyche fan boys say Lampard is one of the worst in our history, but dyche id an every good manager.

End of the day a number of fans will put up with the archaic, mind numbing football for now, because some will only be interested in getting to BMD as a prem team. But once in in BMD the fans won’t put up with them tactics for very long, especially when paying even more for a ticket
So you are basically complaining about the style. What ‘style’ should he play?

We can all agree it would be great playing free flowing football. Hell I wish my under 9 team could do it. But you have to a sense of realism.

The big difference between the previous managers, at least the players haven’t given up and are mentally stronger.

Finally the palace game was poor, I have watched other teams this year be poor. If you thing most teams love the football they play go and check the forums. To will be very surprised. I have seen and listened to many podcasts and they complain like your good self. Yet they have better teams and squads.

Cannot understand some of Dyche's decisions lately. Young in instead of Patterson? The formation? Late substitutes. I've tried to like Dyche and yes maybe he's good in a relegation battle but I think we've dropped points from trying to not let the other team score rather than trying to score more than the other team

So you are basically complaining about the style. What ‘style’ should he play?

We can all agree it would be great playing free flowing football. Hell I wish my under 9 team could do it. But you have to a sense of realism.

The big difference between the previous managers, at least the players haven’t given up and are mentally stronger.

Finally the palace game was poor, I have watched other teams this year be poor. If you thing most teams love the football they play go and check the forums. To will be very surprised. I have seen and listened to many podcasts and they complain like your good self. Yet they have better teams and squads.
Dyche can play his Wimbledon style football for all career, just as long as he’s not at Everton much longer.
He won’t ever play another style, desperation by our clueless owner and board got dyche to everton, he’s never in the running for jobs at bigger club’s normally , 10yrs at Burnley and no bigger clubs being interested tells you that. Burnley and dog and duck football is his level.

Maybe his next job could be your under 9’s

Maybe, but you evade the question, what style should we play that’s realistic with these set of players? Easy to whinge and moan, not so easy to offer actual ideas. To be the fair the football acumen you are showing, I wouldn’t put yourself with a bunch of low level under 7s. So far all you could do is shout ‘You are rubbish, be better’

Finally he didn’t get another job, as like you, people type cast him. But how are Burnley doing with their free flowing football?

I assume they are above us with a ten points deduction?

So again, how should we play?

Last edited:
Give the bloke a break, he's picked us up off the ground and kept us up last season. We've seen progress in terms of points gained (setting aside the 10pt penalty) and the players are still fighting for the team. He's working with a paper thin squad and keeping us competitive. Yes, we've been going through a rough patch but it's been a tough set of fixtures.

If we finish above 14th (setting aside the 10pts) then it will be progress and a step in the right direction. After the last few seasons, I'd welcome a boring mid table season next year and stability generally benefits teams.

The problem is we are getting worse. And the worse we get, the more desperate and ancient our tactics become. I know dcl doesnt finish the chances he gets, but they are few and far between in terms of sitters.

He's (dyche) the definition of 'if something isnt working just keep trying it.'
He will always pick attacking players who do their defensive duties over attacking players who will carve teams open.
We playing nothing through the middle and are way too slow to get it out wide. When we are wide, we wont commit to overlapping the full backs to overload because he wants our rigid defensive formation.
So its easy for defense against us as they just get numbers out wide to prevent quality crosses.
Mcneil wont even dribble using a right foot so you just gotta force him inside. Harrison wants to cut back inside to use his left foot, so just force him down the line.
We havent the pace to go around them.
We hoof it forwards to dcl who has nobody close to him to head the ball on to, because dyche has got everybody back defending.

We never manage to play it away when we have a throw in as we dont seem to possess players who can pass in tight places.

I just dont see dyche trying or willing to encourage different styles of play.

Give the bloke a break, he's picked us up off the ground and kept us up last season. We've seen progress in terms of points gained (setting aside the 10pt penalty) and the players are still fighting for the team. He's working with a paper thin squad and keeping us competitive. Yes, we've been going through a rough patch but it's been a tough set of fixtures.

If we finish above 14th (setting aside the 10pts) then it will be progress and a step in the right direction. After the last few seasons, I'd welcome a boring mid table season next year and stability generally benefits teams.
30 pts at this stage of the season is night and day for us. If not for the 10 pt deduction he'd be under less pressure.