2023/24 Sean Dyche

As big as fan as any of what he's done, but he's got to get a grip at Goodison. Far, far too negative.

The below make or break us - he's not at Burnley anymore. We expect to attack at home ffs.

West Ham home
Burnley home
Forest home
Brentford home
Sheff Utd home

It's the balance that we haven't got right for seasons though.

Too attack minded, we leave gaps.
Too defensive we don't make enough chances.

Tonight was 100% too passive. That's all that was missing. Could see the swing when Harrison came on.

Well we didn’t have a midfielder on the pitch able to pass until Onana was on.
Couldn’t understand why he didn’t start. Him and Garner need to play together when we need to dictate the play, with Doucoure in front of them. Too negative in team selection today, and once again waited too long to change it. Onana should have been on at half time, as should Harrison.

I know the players are crap but no other Premier league manager plays football like that. Must have been at least 30 long balls. It’s dismal.
That diagonal long ball comes with a fortnight’s notice. It’s woeful. The absence of an alternative ball passing through midfield is pathetic.

This is the thing, I'm not pressing the panic button but pointing out that actually aside from a small spell we've been very poor again for the majority of this season - so it's not like a recent downturn in form - this kind of banal negative performance is the norm for us and something needs to be done about it.

I don't think we've been poor bar the Wolves game when we've played 3 of the top 5

Home form has been shocking though.

Not sure if it was a negative team selection and tactics or a lack of intent from the players

But we didn't do enough
It's a bit of all and also missing quality of players. It was not enough, big chance missed for 3 points. Only approach in the first 60 min, was a long ball on DCL, he won most of the heading duels, but no one was there to collect and if so, the 2nd pass after landed at the opponent. Not satisfying enough. We did better at the last 15 min, but all in all not good enough to win this. Backed him a lot, but cannot for this. Not asking for sacking tho.