2023/24 Sean Dyche

Sadly have to agree here, shockingly.

We're preparing for a relegation battle with Dyche, doesn't matter the squad/backing/money/whatever - it's what he knows and what he does. Just like this year we've dropped points from games we shouldn't have - we'll continue doing so with him at the helm. Currently - great stopgap. For the future - he'll never change, sorry lads.
That Dyche Who have taken 27 points and shold be 12 place .

I think he's been a pillar for the club since he joined. People forget that we were the weakest we've ever been when he took over - at Mike Walker levels of ridicule under Lampard - being battered by Bournemouth twice in four days, hit for four by Brighton, losing at home to Southampton and surrendering at West Ham - where Moyes was in danger of the sack.

The 10-point penalty means he's had no breather whatsoever - and less credit than he is due. He is doing what he can with very little against the odds. I am critical of his loyalty to DCL and his general reluctance to change games in progress, but other than that he's been a bulwark for us in arguably the worst period of our club's modern history.
Some fans have definitely forgot how bad it was before he came that Southampton game was probably the worst league result we've had in all my time going to the match that was the only points they picked up in 4 months they lost 9 games either side of that one its difficult to find the words for how terrible it was.

Some fans have definitely forgot how bad it was before he came that Southampton game was probably the worst league result we've had in all my time going to the match that was the only points they picked up in 4 months they lost 9 games either side of that one its difficult to find the words for how terrible it was.

I had very much given up on watching Everton at that point and just watched the Soccer Saturday/BT equivalent as it was so much better for my mood.

I remember when Southampton's second went in. I just laughed. It didn't even hurt.

We're in such a better place now with Dyche - or at least we would be but for things outside his control.

I do wonder if the anti-Dyche talk would be less if were sat in our 'true' position in the table?

I had very much given up on watching Everton at that point and just watched the Soccer Saturday/BT equivalent as it was so much better for my mood.

I remember when Southampton's second went in. I just laughed. It didn't even hurt.

We're in such a better place now with Dyche - or at least we would be but for things outside his control.

I do wonder if the anti-Dyche talk would be less if were sat in our 'true' position in the table?
We are in a very poor run of form, we won our last game, but it wasnt the free flowing chances missed all over the place normal game.

It was pretty drab, we have so many players struggling for form and in some case fitness, hopefully this little rest we had recently will give us a chance to reset and find better ways to attack.

I said I would judge the fella on results and honestly, other than that little blip at the start when we threw away very easy games against no marks at home ive got no major complaints regarding our recent results, we have probably got what we deserve.

5 games without a League win and we really could do with 1 of them, but I said a few weeks ago, Palace at home are the next 3 points I expect us to pick up, so anything we get before than will be very good. We just have to hope everybody is fit and firing in April and May cos those 2 months are vital for this football club and this manager.

We are in a very poor run of form, we won our last game, but it wasnt the free flowing chances missed all over the place normal game.

It was pretty drab, we have so many players struggling for form and in some case fitness, hopefully this little rest we had recently will give us a chance to reset and find better ways to attack.

I said I would judge the fella on results and honestly, other than that little blip at the start when we threw away very easy games against no marks at home ive got no major complaints regarding our recent results, we have probably got what we deserve.

5 games without a League win and we really could do with 1 of them, but I said a few weeks ago, Palace at home are the next 3 points I expect us to pick up, so anything we get before than will be very good. We just have to hope everybody is fit and firing in April and May cos those 2 months are vital for this football club and this manager.
The Wolves game was crap, an absolutely horror show.
City and Spurs we got screwed by officiating but stayed in both games until the end (spurs I feel we were the most likely to score from about the 20th min all the rest of the game).
Palace games have both been pretty poor with the injuries and fatigue setting in but we got through and I’d say we’d take a draw away and win at home any season against anyone if that’s the league. I’m hoping this break has done us some good! Also we looked the most likely in the away leg until that absurd var call so I don’t feel too bad there either - just awful on the wolves game.

Palace will have a new manager goat lol so we need the win before then

My biggest concern is still the utter lack of goal scoring prowess. It's like.. the most important thing you need to do in this league to stay in it and we are one of the worst sides for it lol

….then he won’t be at that point. Given the turmoil in the club and impact on points, it would be some achievement keeping this club in the top tier.
Yeah I'd agree with that but I wouldn't put him above Moyes given his body of work over an extended period.

FWIW I think Dyche has done a wonderful job under very difficult circumstances but if we weren't a basket case of a football club and if we had a reasonable amount of money to invest in the team would I want him in charge ? No.