2023/24 Sean Dyche

I was confident he would do a job for us since he first came in but after Newcastle I’ve moved on to this guy is going to be our most important manager since Moyes at the least.

He's taken a terribly unbalanced and overpaid squad of underperformers and turned us into super fit winners in the space of what a year with only one transfer window where we spent f all (Thelwell deserves credit too).

I would LOVE to see this team win a trophy. Just a league cup. I look at pictures of Dave Watson lifting a trophy when I was six years old and who better than Tarks on one handle and Coleman on the other. Would be a beautiful end to Coleman’s career. Ok I’m rambling now but when was the last time an Everton team gave you joy and made you ramble? 9 wins and 1 draw in 13 games ffs

For the first time in a long, long time, we're becoming a team that other teams won't fancy playing. That in itself is a remarkable turnaround, let alone the chaos off the pitch.

Very Moyesesque. You want the opposition to know they'll be in for a game. But to get them to think that, you need consistency so they know when you do play well, it isn't just a one off.

We're on a great run atm, he's got to keep it going, keep at all the players to keep setting the standards.

Everton is a unique club. We have our own unique ways, idiosyncracies, history, beliefs and philosophies. That's what got us 9 league titles.

It takes a certain type of character with a certain type of style and qualities to be regarded as a proper Everton manager or player.

Moyes and the teams he built were I feel the last time we had that. Those teams could have collected trophies if the team could have had a bit more investment up top.

Dyche is starting to look and feel like a proper Everton manager. We've got a new stadium to move into and we don't have our former chairman holding us back. I hope we get the right owners who fit the club. Kenwright was a disaster for this club. His legacy will be remembered for no trophies, mediocrity and relegation battles.

I'm genuinely feeling an optimism I haven't felt with Everton for a very long time. Dyche needs to be given a contract extension asap. No messing about.

Shame that some blues are still in here clutching for any tiny thing they can criticize him for.

Proper weird.

No one’s doing that you odd bod.

What can you say other than well done.

NEA, if this keeps up he changes my opinion of him and I’ll gluttonously gorge on that sweet humble pie until I’m the size of Caldy warthog Rafael Benitez.

We are boiling pure piss at the minute and I love it.

As has been said, still a lot of the season to go and not quite ready to go overboard, but lots to be positive about.

We have a distinct tactical style and plan that is working.
Very much in the mold of Mourinho, Simeone or even Everton era Moyes. We're happy to let the opposition have the ball and rely on tactical discipline and defensive shape. Let the opposition get frustrated, over commit, tire or make a mistake and then hit them on the break. Also speaks to why our goals now tend to come later in the game. We are playing a long game, wearing down opposition and hitting them when they begin to run out of ideas.

Also lots to say about the mentality of the team that Dyche has installed.
For years we've all moaned about the amount of cowardly performances that we've seen. We now seem to have a squad of players who have the guts to fight and keep their heads up even when things seem to be going against us.
That's all most of us really demand. It doesn't matter if you are not that great a player, if you get out there and fight for the shirt, the fans will get behind you.
Thinking back to the talk that the players were 'scared' of the Everton fans, right at the point many of them were not really fighting for that place in the team.

This plays into confidence as well. There's a feeling at the moment that we can go into any match and look to get something from it.
When you look at the upcoming fixtures, in recent seasons there would be a lot of doom and gloom with Spurs and City coming soon, but you feel we could get something out both those games if we play as we have been.

A note there to a certain Mr. Moshiri and his effin "expected losses" - if you go into games expecting to lose, then that's probably what's going to happen.
For the most part, you only beat teams at the top of the table with a confident squad that believes it can get a result. And that's a squad with less of the so-called "superstars" we had back then and less lofty ambitions.

As I said, still half the season to go, but I like what I've seen from Mr Dyche so far, long may it continue.
Great post that.

Hes got the team fighting for each other, the basic mistakes that were happening weekly have diminished.

We run all day and the most important thing, we win football games.

Long may it continue, there will be a dip, a few results that dont go our way, this is football, but im fully onboard the Gravy train currently.

Outstanding work Dycho.
You wanted him out in May. As did I. Not on your life or mine do we get to celebrate this.

We should enjoy this moment. We are grinding out wins in close games which is very satisfying but we will probably have a bad run at some stage before the end of the season where we have injuries and things don't go out way. We need to stay behind the team and the manager. I like the way we are getting a real foothold in every game by making it very difficult for the opposition to score. The longer the game goes on at 0-0 the more I fancy us to score.