2023/24 Sean Dyche

He deserved all the criticism that was threw at him earlier on the season

So it’s only fair to say right now he deserves an awful lot of credit.

With and without the points deduction he’s doing a very good job right now.
Agreed. I was highly critical of him earlier in the season but the way he has got the players playing for the team is fantastic and the overall organisation of the team is like a machine and he has to take all the credit for that. Long may it continue. Up the efficient Toffees!

Feels like the first Everton squad a manager has had that doesn’t have any bad eggs in in ages.

Not to be negative, but we still have some of the players who've badly let us down, who are now contributing much more. A lot is absolutely down to the manager - obviously - but I'll need to see more before I'm fully buying into the "everyone's dying for this club" narrative.

Since Dyche took over we’ve taken 41 points from 33 matches (discounting the deduction). It’s a pretty impressive total bearing in mind he was having to make do with the likes of Gray, Maupay, Simms and a half fit Calvert-Lewin up top for last season’s games.

I’ve always thought the Dyche style of play didn’t have longevity, but there are finally signs he’s beginning to adept a bit and tonight performance was as good as we’ve had with him in charge.

He’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but so far he’s been a huge upgrade on Super Frank.

Agree would still like him to use the bench more when hopefully we can have a better squad. But the team feels different now from last season, had so many weak minded players who could not handle the pressure and even creating chances. Will still miss alot and play the poor pass but a massive turn round

This all day. They showed stats in the first half at one point. Like 30 odd to 60 odd percent possession. Sounds terrible.
Then touches in oppo box us like 10 and them 1.
Arsed about possession if we win games.
I felt I was wrong but reality sounded mad in my head

possesion.png

oppo box.png

It was TWENTY touches to 1 inside opposition box after 25 minutes.

While I still have a hard time believing that Ashley Young is the best right back option, I am impressed by the number of good scoring chances the Dyche system is starting to generate. They need to succeed more on them, but it is a welcome change to see several passes resulting in open space opportunities.

Agreed. I was highly critical of him earlier in the season but the way he has got the players playing for the team is fantastic and the overall organisation of the team is like a machine and he has to take all the credit for that. Long may it continue. Up the efficient Toffees!

Don't discount the help...Stone and, particularly, Woan must be more than happy with how things are shaping up.

This. So many is like if you mean one thing, you have to stand by it even if the situation changes. Like you can say a Manager is doing awful if he is, and then you can say he is doing good if he later improves.