2023/24 Sean Dyche

View attachment 234236

He's a striker who can score goals in the Prem. He's at Nottingham Forest now, scored 3 league goals so far this season - as many as any of our lot. They're not easy to find, especially if you're Burnley with 2 weeks to go in January.
Haven’t read all the debate on it but the reason we went down were the two/three seasons leading up to relegation.

Our owner at the time (Mike Garlick) didn’t re invest into the side after qualifying for Europe and I think thought he had taken us as far as he could and looked to get out. We had minimal investment and Dyche was clearly tasked with staying in the league at all costs.

I mean we literally went into the 19/20 season signing Dale Stephens (Brighton’s then 5th/6th choice CM) to be our 4th choice CM and Will Norris to be our 3rd choice keeper - about 750K that window ish.

The season before we re-signed Jay Rodriguez, Erik Pieters and Josh Brownhill in the January. Hardly lighting it up for a team playing their 4th consecutive season in the PL at the time… One signed from a relegated side (Jay), one backup from Stoke (Pieters) and one from the Champ (Brownhill).

Anyway, covid hits, Garlick shits it even more (his personal business affected), puts no more in and managers to get a sale to ALK who tbf sign Maxwel Cornet the 2021 summer and Weghorst in January 2022 to replace Wood.

Cornet was the only signing of note within 3 years that genuinely improved the first team as a starting player. Brownhill slowly played into being a starter and JayRod was always backup or third choice striker for the main part.

The notion that Dyche took us down is nonsense. What took us down is two-three years of naff all investment into the playing team.

Give him time lads, he is miles clear of your Lampards and dare I say it VKs (anyone can win a league with a ginormous playing budget relative to the rest).

He will get the dossers out and right the culture setting you up for years.

Non of this 4 /5 year deals for half arsed players on big money. Will the footy be ‘sexy’ ? I mean, it’ll upset the footballing elite by daring to get stuck in and not roll over for losses ‘playing the right way’ but Christ it’s better than the crap that Allardyce and Pulis serve up. It’s just direct but he’s never parking a bus - always looking to win.

His tenure might only last another two or three years before you decide to go another way but I guarantee if you stick with him and back him, you’ll be happy that you did

This is the thing though mate, its aright when you have funds to back up cherry picking other clubs best players to play the way you want to - like Richarlison and Gordon.

Its another when your boss says to you, no money, you can only sign injured lads from relegation teams on loan.

But Gordon was gash here, Howe has improved him and his attitude .

45m was still robbery though

We also won’t score first every week. And like we seen with Luton, dyche’s tactic of trying to chase a game Is very easy to defend against. We haven’t won when we’ve conceded first under him

His “ tactic” is to put Beto on and keep DCL on.

That’s the extent of his attacking know how

You’re right mate, it’s not a notion. It is a fact. You won 7 games all season and 3 of them were under Jackson in his 8 game tenure
Bit more nuance than that though isn’t there?

Probably our best run of fixtures all season, Cornet back fit.

The point was it was nigh on impossible from the offset; a club of our size and backing is always gonna struggle staying in the PL… factor in three seasons of a relative pittance being put into the starting XI then it’s just a matter of time.

Bit more nuance than that though isn’t there?

Probably our best run of fixtures all season, Cornet back fit.

The point was it was nigh on impossible from the offset; a club of our size and backing is always gonna struggle staying in the PL… factor in three seasons of a relative pittance being put into the starting XI then it’s just a matter of time.
Change in style helped a lot as well. Being more progressive with the ball, faster progressions, a reduction in long balls and actively trying to be dangerous. All whilst maintaining the same defensive discipline of Dyche.

But those small, what seem relatively minor adjustments, almost matched the same number of wins that Dyche had accomplished in 30 games.

But yeah, of course, he was totally faultless

You’re right mate, it’s not a notion. It is a fact. You won 7 games all season and 3 of them were under Jackson in his 8 game tenure
You're actually telling a Burnley F.C fan that he's wrong about why Burnley F.C went down.

Even after he has gone into a detailed account of the financial dealings and mismanagement in the years leading up to it.

You are a very arrogant person aren't you?

Change in style helped a lot as well. Being more progressive with the ball, faster progressions, a reduction in long balls and actively trying to be dangerous. All whilst maintaining the same defensive discipline of Dyche.

But those small, what seem relatively minor adjustments, almost matched the same number of wins that Dyche had accomplished in 30 games.

But yeah, of course, he was totally faultless
I guess Mike Jackson should be managing in the PL then for a full season. See how it goes 👍

Dyche isn't perfect, early on for us I used to get so frustrated with him constantly leaving it so late to make subs or tactical changes when we needed a spark or a change to affect a game, him persisting with Keane etc, I do however think he's improved this aspect significantly, especially recently with the midfield setup, but he still can drop a bollock here and there eg starting young vs diaz, obvious wrong call even without taking into consideration all the "noise" around Liverpool getting shafted against spurs, and the subsequent preferential treatment they were bound to get.

That being said I think he's doing a great job overall, at this moment in time I couldn't care less about possession stats or style of play, that's not where we are right now, doesnt matter how we get points, my eyes tell me we're more dangerous going forward than we have been in a long time, defensively also now looking solid, imo we are edging back towards that version of Everton were while not being great, just no one looks forward to playing us.