2023/24 Sean Dyche

Just to add, he started to play Keane and Tarkowski at Burnley when they were 24. Not ancient
Not really young though, 'young' in professional sport is 16-19 years old and peak age for any professional sport is 26-29 years old. That's just basic anatomy tbh, sure there are individual variances but that's the general rule of thumb.

I mean, our bum has mostly been bitten off already - long before Dyche rode into town.

But I do have a (hopefully unwarranted or irrational) worry that we’ll never be able to escape the circling of the plughole under his command.

That’s my main concern, and the one I’d love to but just can’t shake: that eventually, he’ll relegate us.
this will depend on how we improve the team, largely, improve the team improve the performance, in theory. We will see....

I mean, he has been forced into playing Branthwaite. He virtually had no other option based on the way Keane was playing and the way fans were reacting to that.

he has 1 win in 6. Let’s see him get a few more wins before deciding he is fantastic.

No other option?

He let Mina and Coady leave the club in the summer.

He’s then decided to move Holgate out to Southampton on loan

He’s then decided not to bring in any other CBs even on loan during the window

He’s then kept Ben Godfrey on the bench

He’s then dropped Keane the second Branthwaite was fully fit.

But yeah sure let’s make out that Dyche has just stumbled onto playing Branthwaite. He literally has Keane and Godfrey available to him and he’s still picking Branthwaite. This must be absolutely killing the Dyche detractors that he’s done the one thing most of his detractors were saying he never would do.

No other option?

But yeah sure let’s make out that Dyche has just stumbled onto playing Branthwaite. He literally has Keane and Godfrey available to him and he’s still picking Branthwaite. This must be absolutely killing the Dyche detractors that he’s done the one thing most of his detractors were saying he never would do.
Yes, no other option than to drop Keane.

I mean, he did his best to keep Keane in the team over mina last season as well until the fans made it very clear. Like again this season.

And branthwaite, like Mina did last season, has come in and shown how much better they are as an option than Keane.

As I said, he has won 1 game in 6. And has 4 points from 18. Let’s wait before we laud him for being a great manager.

No other option?

Thats not good management its common sense, its not like he seen something others couldnt.
His decision to persist with Keane almost took us down last season.

He has not surprised me in anything he has done since being at the club.
Crap football crap results. until that changes for a sustained period (which i dont see happening) then i want him gone.

No other option?

Mina hasn't played one minute for fiorentina this season and coady plays in the championship

I mean, he has been forced into playing Branthwaite. He virtually had no other option based on the way Keane was playing and the way fans were reacting to that.

he has 1 win in 6. Let’s see him get a few more wins before deciding he is fantastic.
It was the same reason Mina got a go last season. If you heard his interviews in pre season and right up the first few games, he was reluctant to play Branthwaite.
Hopefully now he knows better.

No other option?

He didn’t let Mina or Coady go, they would have cost money we didn’t have to stay.
Dyche may not have had any day in this.
Letting Holgate go was a decision because he was worse than what we have and has no bearing on Branthwaite.

Yes, no other option than to drop Keane.

I mean, he did his best to keep Keane in the team over mina last season as well until the fans made it very clear. Like again this season.

And branthwaite, like Mina did last season, has come in and shown how much better they are as an option than Keane.

As I said, he has won 1 game in 6. And has 4 points from 18. Let’s wait before we laud him for being a great manager.
As I will keep on saying, he is rubbish...

If he thought that Keane was better than Mina and then had to be "persuaded" by us to drop Keane, then thought that Keane was better than Branthwaite and had to be "persuaded" by us to play Branthwaite.

How stupid can one Manager be?

….despite some low points this season, I’ve generally been ok with Dyche.

I think there are lazy myths about ‘hoofball’, ‘won’t play youngsters’, ‘Dyche fit’ & ‘playing his favourites’. Perhaps a bit of snobbery that he shouldn’t manage Everton.

Yesterday demonstrated we can get players into attacking positions, and create. Its key to me when I watch my side that we carry some threat, and I’ve generally seen that with Dyche. I think his team selection is pragmatic, he’ll select what he thinks is his best team and filters out the poor performers.

He might just see us safe again, I certainly wouldn’t be looking for change.

If he had McNeil+number 9 vs Fulham/Wolves I think we get at least 4 points.

Said it loads but no coincidence the best results/game - Brighton, Arsenal etc have come when we've had a fit number 9 for balance.

He keeps this starting 11 up, but if Beto gets an injury, or McNeil/Harrison - I really do fear for us.

My hope is we get to January above the bottom 3 and we bring in a couple.

I am in this camp. I have reset my expectations. I think we will comfortably stay up if we keep the side fit and put out at least DCL or Beto in each match.

As I will keep on saying, he is rubbish...

If he thought that Keane was better than Mina and then had to be "persuaded" by us to drop Keane, then thought that Keane was better than Branthwaite and had to be "persuaded" by us to play Branthwaite.

How stupid can one Manager be?
Generally agree with your point, but getting rid of Mina was a very good move. I don't care how could a player Mina is - if he's not playing then he's as much use to the team as I am.