2023/24 Sean Dyche

No one wanted Ancelotti to go
I have to admit, I did.

For the absolute wonga he had spent, that last few months was utter, utter dross. It felt like he was treading water til he could get out in the summer.

Not sure if that awful incident where a family member of his was held at gunpoint roughly correlated with him switching off and us turning to crap in the Spring of 2021.

I have to admit, I did.

For the absolute wonga he had spent, that last few months was utter, utter dross. It felt like he was treading water til he could get out in the summer.

Not sure if that awful incident where a family member of his was held at gunpoint roughly correlated with him switching off and us turning to crap in the Spring of 2021.
This is fair, but I'd argue that nobody would have wanted Ancelotti to go if they had known the pathetic nonentities that would replace him. No way would we be in this mess if he had stayed, or, if we had replaced him with a competent long-term appointment.

Yes.

I have to admit though that I want this manager to turn this round. I think if we get a bit of confidence he can get us competitive in each fixture. Changing manager again makes me very uneasy. But if we're not out of this slump by the B'mouth game he must be sacked.

I honestly think changing manager again is going to be depleting - ive no doubt we would do it hoping for a bounce - there is a culture of scapegoating around the club under Moshiri - but we're not attractive and the field is limited we arent attracting better then Dyche.

I expected a relegation battle facing this season, this is what i expected it to look like and there will be highs and lows.

We need to be better and competing with Luton, Burnley, Bourmouth, Wolves, Sheff Utd.

He needs to be better then those managers and we need to be a better team and think i he is and we are and i think we will be ok.

Another new dawn and reboot - it only comes when all hope is lost for me.

We have to stop it, changing manager every six months is burying this club.

Last edited:
This is fair, but I'd argue that nobody would have wanted Ancelotti to go if they had known the pathetic nonentities that would replace him. No way would we be in this mess if he had stayed, or, if we had replaced him with a competent long-term appointment.
We would. He wouldn’t have been given the funds to build the team he would have wanted, so nothing would have changed fundamentally. Poor managers have added to the pain but they’re not the root cause of it.

Unfortunately can't see him turning it around.

IMG_3900.jpeg

We are at that stage now though MACCA that let's say we did get a Potter or a Howe in. Performances improve but results don't and we are cut adrift.

I'm not disagreeing with you either mate, I reckon we've had 2, 3 absolute max decent performances under Dyche and the rest have been anywhere from average to downright disgusting.

I think it’s almost impossible for results to not improve from what we’ve had this season.

The best time to appoint a progressive manager was 10 years ago. The second best time is now.

Dyche is safe obviously given the current vacuum of ownership.

I honestly think changing manager again is going to be depleting - ive no doubt we would do it hoping for a bounce - there is a culture of scapegoating around the club under Moshiri - but we're not attractive and the field is limited we arent attracting better then Dyche.

I expected a relegation battle facing this season, this is what i expected it to look like and there will be highs and lows.

We need to be better and competing with Luton, Burnley, Bourmouth, Wolves, Sheff Utd.

He needs to be better then those managers and we need to be a better team and think i he is and we are and i think we will be ok.

Another new dawn and reboot - it only comes when all hope is lost for me.

We have to stop it, changing manager every six months is burying this club.
Agree with you but you have to ask the question he has a run of games now he must get points on the board. If he does fine luton is a must win at home for me

I think it’s almost impossible for results to not improve from what we’ve had this season.

The best time to appoint a progressive manager was 10 years ago. The second best time is now.

Dyche is safe obviously given the current vacuum of ownership.

Yep, I can see us limping along at the foot of the table, dissent from the stands but nothing happening as there's no one in charge to actually make a decision