2023/24 Sean Dyche

SACK SACK.

for me it's just as much about him being a dislikeable arrogant tosser than it us about him being a terrible manager.

He winds me up as much as koeman used to.
I think he tries too hard to give the impression that nothing fazes him and the pressure isn't getting to him. I think we saw the real him in the presser after Bournemouth last year, he was sweating like a swamp donkey, and basically said thr club wasn’t performing. Now he is back in the thick of things, he is being all diplomatic again, because he knows to a degree whilst the results aren’t going the way we want, he needs to act like a shield for his bosses. I’d much prefer the version of him after Bournemouth.

I mean, soon we'll likely get to the point where draws won't be enough otherwise we'll end up at Christmas being about 10 points adrift, so thankfully (hopefully) he'll have to abandon his safety first approach and play all of Harrison, McNeil and Danjuma behind a striker, which removes the issue of playing four defensive central midfiders at the same time.
There are still over 100 points to play for and 9 months of the season to go.

A bit early for panic.

I think that if Beto had been available against Fulham and Wolves we would have had something from both games.

The manager has to work with the players made available to him, when players are signed is out of his control

Could the stars be aligning for Howe to be the next man in. As tough as Newcastles start has been, I can’t see the Saudi’s allowing too many games to go by before they think of change.
Be crazy but funny if they called him to Saudi for a meeting only to have him publicly beheaded for underperforming. I guess he made his bed when he accepted their dirty money. Want him nowhere near us on that point alone.

Well whether wrong or not, CM’s where he has been playing for us, and unless we remove Gana, sit him a deep lying DM, put Garner +1 in CM, he will continue to be more miss than hit. If the club does not want to play him there my point stands….we would be better selling him to raise funds to improve the team more generally (as long as funds become available for the team)….I imagine he probably goes in the summer anyway (whether we are relegated or not).

So I assume you would also sell Branthwaite?

I mean i'd rather keep 2 of the best young players in the league and use them correctly together.

Onana DM + Branthwaite LCB.

They could combine well together and both have a great range of passing to turn defence into attack.

May even see Garner develop well too.

Can't say I have noticed this about his game. I only caught the second half yesterday and he barely registered, although I was probably too annoyed with Doucoure charging around like a headless chicken to notice him.

If Onana genuinely has these qualities he needs to start imposing himself on the opposition a lot more than has to date. I think it is too easy to blame the manager when individuals underperform.

You'll have to watch Belgium where they use him in his position if you want to see that. Not under Dyche.

Could the stars be aligning for Howe to be the next man in. As tough as Newcastles start has been, I can’t see the Saudi’s allowing too many games to go by before they think of change.

How has Howe got Guimaraes and Tonali in central midfield along with Joelinton but theyre unable to control games?

The first two are top class.

Why has he wanted Anthony Gordon when they had £50mil+ to use?

Whats going on with them?

Could last year have been a Ranieri esque season?

I like Eddie Howe and championed him as an Everton manager during his time at Bournemouth - unpopular as that was. But Eddie has mega-rich Newcastle two points clear of Sean Dyche's impoverished Everton. If he couldn't cut it medium-term at Newcastle with all the advantages he has, what makes anyone think he could make a fist of an Everton without a pot to piss in?

To be fair, this is not a dig at Eddie. He might have made a great Everton manager had he been appointed in 2016-2018. The point is people need to start accepting that it is not the manager where the real problem at Everton exists. Until Kenwright and his malign self-serving culture is purged and new ownership emerges, every manager - i.e., mudguard - is here to absorb the flak for the grotesque mismanagement of the club at board level. Sacking managers in this enviroment - when nothing has changed - is like rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. You can have the swankiest, best-appointed deckchair on the ship, but that ship is still sinking. All a matter of time.

So I assume you would also sell Branthwaite?

I mean i'd rather keep 2 of the best young players in the league and use them correctly together.

Onana DM + Branthwaite LCB.

They could combine well together and both have a great range of passing to turn defence into attack.

May even see Garner develop well too.

You'll have to watch Belgium where they use him in his position if you want to see that. Not under Dyche.
What? I rate Branthwaite. He looks for more comfortable in possession as a CB and is a good defender. Has a lot of potential as well. Just because I say sell one player, doesn’t mean I want to sell all young players. We are playing a guy in Onana who, as you say is a DM, in a CM role….he is not effective there.

If he can’t develop in that role at a fast enough pace, or if we won’t play him there, imo he is a sellable asset. He may well play as a DM for his national team and Lille before joining us, but what is his value to us if we won’t play him there? It’s either sell him or sack the manager and get someone in, who can play people in their most effective positions.

How has Howe got Guimaraes and Tonali in central midfield along with Joelinton but theyre unable to control games?

The first two are top class.

Why has he wanted Anthony Gordon when they had £50mil+ to use?

Whats going on with them?

Could last year have been a Ranieri esque season?

Said it last year - Howe is being massively over rated and was having a purple patch season where everything went right (Martinez 1st season with us).

Gushing over midtable managers like Howe & Potterball is one of the reasons we're in the mess we currently are.

I was going to post this, he won`t get much leeway with the ambition the Saudi`s have, good manager and one I championed long ago and got absolute pelters for before he went to Newcastle.... I never get bored of being right, just like some don`t get bored of constantly being wrong.

Sean Dyche in his 22 games now has a WORSE win percentage than Benitez and Lampard, exactly the same PPG as Benitez but he wasn`t deemed not good enough, the only person with a worse win percentage is Mike Walker and he is closing in on that.

Again another manager getting a free pass from the fans who will sleep walk us to the edge of another relegation battle this season, we will stick with him for way too long and give the next guy little chance to stay clear of a relegation battle.

Dyche isn`t good enough for Premier League anymore, proved it the last seasons at Burnley when they deteriorated with his stubborn tactics whilst all other clubs were getting progressive managers, sticking with Dyche too long cost them their PL status.

Bottom line is Dyche isn`t good enough, never was and never will be, out dated manager with out dated tactics which most clubs have moved on from, I think he`ll be gone by Xmas and I hope to god we make a decent apppointment because the last 3 have been utterly woeful.

1693732717131.png