2023/24 Sean Dyche

I admit I never cared for this hire. But the thing that concerns me is that the team today looked more in his image. We have tossed off the majority of creative play for lobbing cross field passes and counters. The system looks devoid of any creativity for chances or play inbetween seams.

I can take losing but when we play this ugly, in a system generally out of favor thats poor to watch, make signings to aid such a specific system what is the rationale to believing in the project.

Why would sacking him be a good idea? Hes probably the most suited manager we can get for our situation. Our squad is crap and they are again playing well with double xg to the opponent but losing. The villa game aside we have performed well this season. His players are just letting him down with their lack of football iq in game changing situations.
The losing bit is the important bit isn't it?

Have you ever considered that teams scoring equal to or more than the amount of goals we score despite lower xG might have something to do with how our defence is set up? Which is the job of the manager.

I'm not arguing a case for Dyche here... i thought we worked hard today.

What is it that everybody sees in regards to tactics that could be better?

(I can't say I'm much of a tactician - would like to genuinely know)