2023/24 Sean Dyche

As many will have read on the BBC page

"The former Burnley boss' copybook against Pep now reads: played 18, won zero, drawn one, lost 17.

In those meetings, Dyche's sides have conceded 52 goals and scored five, including Harrison's here."

Says it all. At best we've a Moyes mark 2 on our hands.

Dyche isn't up to the job. As soon as we are safe he needs to go.
I can only assume you neither watched or went to the game.

I fear you sprout such utter nonsense, you are joining Davek on the ignored list.

"The former Burnley boss' copybook against Pep now reads: played 18, won zero, drawn one, lost 17.

In those meetings, Dyche's sides have conceded 52 goals and scored five, including Harrison's here."

This has to be a joke surely

Yes and couldn't care less. That game last night was like a cup game with the lower league team away at the big club.

Have to disagree, we were pushing Man City to change it up. We played well and created a few chances. We knew how they play and forced their hand to the point that it took a stormer of a shot, a dodgy pen and a mistake for them to score.

I actually felt comfortable as they passed it (fairly slowly) along the midfield. We just moved as a team and limited them to a few half chances and a couple of good opportunities.

We have created chances in most games, if we had finished half of those good chances this season we would be easily mid table, with the points deduction.

As a manager he is perfect for where we are and what we want from this team, that is right now. Who knows what the future holds for this team but if he continues to do what he is doing there is no reason for him to get us back in a position where we can kick on a bit, going into the new stadium and hopefully a more cheerful future.

In a tough patch at the minute. But considering the run of fixtures, it’s hardly surprising. Lost two games to 4th and 5th in the league.

That’s all it is currently. And neither game have we looked down and out.

His game plans are generally working. Hopefully find our shooting boots soon which I’m sure he is working on.

You're nuts. We did not have a go last night. Hoof. And scramble. Repeat. Hope to gain a set piece. Hoof. Scramble.

You realise other teams have given City a real go this year?

We looked like a League 1 team against them
You watch a different game to me, mate.

I didn't want Dyche. It was a very Everton/Kenwright style move lacking imagination.

He's won me over, he's undoubtedly built a great team spirit on the foundations of hard work. This is obviously more robust than team spirit built on fist pumps to the St End like we 'enjoyed' under Lampard.

He's improved players, that's an important metric for any manager and his coaching team.

Do I think he'll have us challenging for league titles? No. He's 100% capable of a decent cup run each season and upper mid table/Europa challengers.

Give me a few years of Dyche stability over another roll of the dice. The club needs a reset after 3 decades of gross mismanagement by the world's greatest Evertonian and the fella he brought in at great personal gain.

Dyche can give whoever comes in next a good, solid foundation to (hopefully) kick on from.

16 of those games where at lowly Burnley who were always on one the smallest budgets, against a Manchester City who by then were comfortable with the new found wealth and basically a team of superstars.

His two games in charge of Everton? A team with shattered confidence last season that held out pretty well with a battle until a moment of brilliance Gundogan (sp?) and then last night (where despite what your preconceived opiniontells you) we were well in the game and could easily have been 2 nil up and should have pulled it back to 2-2 after going behind to a debatable penalty.

Yes and couldn't care less. That game last night was like a cup game with the lower league team away at the big club.
That is a very apt description, given the relative difference in financial states of the 2 clubs, and their very recent histories. Many of our starting XI would not get on the man city bench. Aside from the obvious financial differences, the fact that yellows are now dished out so easily means true competitiveness between the so called 'underdog' and top tier teams has probably gone forever, so the pattern will probably continue with the top prem sides and everyone else for the foreseeable future.

That's **ck all to do with Dyche though.

You're nuts. We did not have a go last night. Hoof. And scramble. Repeat. Hope to gain a set piece. Hoof. Scramble.

You realise other teams have given City a real go this year?

We looked like a League 1 team against them
Were you watching last season’s game against them? We were restricting them to trying to walk it in or rushing shots (and could have had a couple ourselves) right until Foden went sod it and let rip then they got the soft pen to take the sting completely out

That is a very apt description, given the relative difference in financial states of the 2 clubs, and their very recent histories. Many of our starting XI would not get on the man city bench. Aside from the obvious financial differences, the fact that yellows are now dished out so easily means true competitiveness between the so called 'underdog' and top tier teams has probably gone forever, so the pattern will probably continue with the top prem sides and everyone else for the foreseeable future.

That's **ck all to do with Dyche though.

Not good enough though. Our playing budget is still sizeable. Many with smaller budgets have given it a real go against City. Last night was not good.

Hides profile too, all the “red flags” etc etc

Have not got a clue what you're on about

Neil Lennon would do a better job right?

Give me a few years of Dyche stability over another roll of the dice. The club needs a reset after 3 decades of gross mismanagement by the world's greatest Evertonian and the fella he brought in at great personal gain.

Dyche can give whoever comes in next a good, solid foundation to (hopefully) kick on from.
Exactly. Right now, the club needs a period of stability after what's been years of chaos, and Dyche feels as if he is the person who can lead that.

Dyche is not perfect, however he has won many over (including myself) and I think he's going to give us the safety we need until the finances are rectified.