2023/24 Sean Dyche

Big Sam took over a top half squad, getting us to 8th when he won his first game at home to Huddersfield in November, we went to 9th. He was hardly a miracle worker

I thought that 17/18 squad was awful and unbalanced but I have respect for what Allardyce did with it at the time moving Rooney into midfield, dropping Klaassen Schneiderlin and Sandro and bringing in Davies and DCL into the starting line up. It was the right move at the time to stabilise the team and get the points required but some of those players especially in defence were awful and there was no pace anywhere in the team.

I thought that 17/18 squad was awful and unbalanced but I have respect for what Allardyce did with it at the time moving Rooney into midfield, dropping Klaassen Schneiderlin and Sandro and bringing in Davies and DCL into the starting line up. It was the right move at the time to stabilise the team and get the points required but some of those players especially in defence were awful and there was no pace anywhere in the team.
Think it’s a totally different league now though. Then it was full off poor squads and teams. We finished 7th the season before and did we only lose Lukaku?

Dyche Negatives:
Ashley Young
Not making subs early/often enough
Played Keane a bit too much but fortunately Branthwaite is undroppable now

Dyche Positives:
Stability
Creating chances
Fitness
Brought back much needed team spirit and fight
First time we’ve looked to had a balanced squad, not as much quality or as deep as we’d like but we have players fighting for all positions including striker (finally)
Capable of winning games against the odds
Should keep us up even with the ten point deduction (we took 8 points more than Luton from the first 12 games)

Dyche Negatives:
Ashley Young
Not making subs early/often enough
Played Keane a bit too much but fortunately Branthwaite is undroppable now

Dyche Positives:
Stability
Creating chances
Fitness
Brought back much needed team spirit and fight
First time we’ve looked to had a balanced squad, not as much quality or as deep as we’d like but we have players fighting for all positions including striker (finally)
Capable of winning games against the odds
Should keep us up even with the ten point deduction (we took 8 points more than Luton from the first 12 games)
A few more negatives for me, like never winning when conceading first, no plan B, a lot of games fizzle out because of his route one tactics and being easy to play against in 2023. Like v Luton. Even the Utd game, we had a 20min spell in the 1st half when we created 4 very good chances.

2nd half it was late in at 3-0 when Myko hit the bar and we had a few other half chances. Also we’ve had a decent start fixture wise.

Think it’s a totally different league now though. Then it was full off poor squads and teams. We finished 7th the season before and did we only lose Lukaku?

The squad was ageing badly though and we had key injuries in 17/18 to both fullbacks as well.

It left us with a backline that included Kenny Keane (carrying injury yikes) Ashley Williams and Martina. It was probably the worst back 4 in the league.

Midfield we had no creativity Gueye Schneiderlin Klaassen. It was slow and none of them could pick a pass. Then we had Siggurdson Rooney and Sandro upfront. No pace whatsoever.

Allardyce did what he could with the players we had but we effectively lost Lukaku Barkley Mirallas Baines Coleman from the previous years team and Schneiderlin went from a young Gareth Barry the previous season to being completely useless

Dyche took Burnley to 7th but he’ll never take Everton to 8th? The very fact Allardyce managed to obtain that position with some awful players shows what a bold call that is.
I very, very much look forward to him proving me wrong.

But which do YOU think comes first, the sack or 8th. Let's find out together.

Dyche will never take us to 8th.

Hindsight suggests we chased BFS out for all the wrong reasons.

Sure, I would do it again, but I dont think Dyche is even close to the level of manager BFS was.

Recent list for me :

1. Moyes
2. Carlo
3. Martinez
4. Silva
5. Koeman
6. BFS
7. Dyche
8. Lampard
9. Kopite

Reminds me of the Maldini discussion not long ago...Ancelotti a worse manager than Moyes ?

Koeman better than any on the list?

Not for me tinkerbell, not for me.

Cant watch his pressers .. looking some comments on it... maybe sticking with Young? If that is the case its sackable in itself that myopic nobed
Was hardly the rousing words you'd expect from the management of a team under siege.
The defence of the referees was, very meek, very kenwright.

He never said Ancelotti was a “worse manager than Moyes” though did he. He’s ranking them based on their Everton careers only.
Imagine having to clarify such a thing.

Carlo Ancelotti has won everything there is to be won in the game, a true great in every sense.

David Moyes won a Charity Shield and some 6th tier European Trophy.

So for clarity, no, I dont think David Moyes is a better manager than Carlo, but he was certainly a better Everton Manager.