2023/24 Sean Dyche

Some people simply want to see Everton relegated by not accepting the facts about the ability of this team. The ability of which they stated last year that 'no manager could improve'. Last year that result was 4-1. This year we turned that result into gaining a point. Accept reality Chris.
Last year we bummed them to the tune of 5 iirc and they were weaker today than then and our team is no doubt improved ever so slightly.

By your logic, every team that we either beat or lost to last year, this year we should be grateful for the same or worse, no!

No one on here wants to see Everton relegated, not one of us.

While possession doesn’t win you games, you can’t say 20% possession at home beats anyone that’s poor.

Man. United are incredibly passive currently. Get into them and they won't fancy it. DCL will also give their defence a very tough time indeed with his runs.

Get into a 1-0 lead early like today and I'm very confident on a win.

What was the possession stat for beating Arsenal last season?

I dont care how we play.

Goals win games, not pretty football.

Brighton played great today and they got the same amount of points as us.
If it weren't for the own goal, I'm confident we'd have taken three points, and it'd have been a perfect countering game against a team who like possession.

So you have to see the positive from today's performance, but equally - as you said - they took the same points when we should have got all three.

We can take positives and negatives. My gut feeling, however, was it felt more like a loss coming out than a point well-earned.

Vastly better?

1. Lost Richarlison
2. Harrison is from a relegated Leeds
3. Beto, OK were taking a punt on him.
4. Danjuma - why does no one want him?
5. 39 year old Ashley Young

I would accept it was a 'vastly better squad' if we were signing players fr top 10 PL teams, but we've been in the bargain basement for two seasons. Where are people making up the huge expectations for these new players and what more do you want them to do?
1. Fit DCL
2. Branners
3. Tarks and Branners regular partnership
4. Garner
5. Onana

But I didnt say it was a vastly better squad, this season.

I said the last 3 managers have under performed with a squad that is VASTLY better than the performance they have got out of them.

haha no way am I reading people thinking we can go to toe to toe in a possession game with Brighton of all teams. Some of you know literally nothing about football and it really shows, honestly just pray you're kopites on here winding us up and not stupid blues with zero ball knowledge like I suspect.
You are on a wind up fella.

We battered these last year at theirs when they were flying.

Koff with your kopite slurs knobhead.

Freak goal and I felt for Young - did really well on Mitoma today so I can understand leaving him on.

I thought we competed well today, imposed our game on Brighton and they struggled at times.

Other take home for me is the defense are becoming rock solid, our last three performences at the back have been superb and I’ve enjoyed watching them, turning into a serious unit.

If we are annoyed with two wins, progression to a cup quarter final and a draw in 6 days, then he’s doing a good job.

Last edited:

Yes possibly true. But Mitoma is one of the best wide players in the league. He would walk into any other 11 in the league (possibly even city’s). Whoever who was up against him today, would have struggled, but we definitely needed fresh legs against him second half.
At the very least our right hand side would’ve had the legs, energy, pace, to try and push Mitoma and co back with the inclusion of Patterson.

Strange game. Plan was clearly to let them have the ball at the back and not press their 2 CBs. As annoying as it was to watch, I thought it worked fine for an hour. Brighton passed it around nicely, but didn’t really have a decent chance or make Pickford make a save (except the disallowed goal).

But they upped the tempo in the last half hour, and it became obvious we were gonna concede if something didn’t change. Seemed like everyone could see that except Dyche.

Our ball retention today when we won it back was truly dreadful.

Freak goal and I felt for Young did really well on Mitoma today so I can understand leaving him on.

I though we competed well today, I posed our game on Brighton and they struggled at times.

Other take home for me is the defense are becoming rock solid, our last three performed at the back have been superb.

If we are annoyed with two wins, progression to a cup quarter final and a draw in 6 days, then he’s doing a good job.
No, Youngs inclusion was a mistake from the start, it basically said to Brighton, “Don’t worry nothing is coming down your left hand side, we don’t have the legs for it. Come and sit on top of us”

No, Youngs inclusion was a mistake from the start, it basically said to Brighton, “Don’t worry nothing is coming down your left hand side, we don’t have the legs for it. Come and sit on top of us”

Disagree mate I thought he played really well today, Mitoma huffed and puffed but didn’t really get inside of Young.

The goal was a freak.