2023/24 Sean Dyche

It’s odd, I’m sure people on here were saying a few months ago Kompany was going to show us what Burnley could really do with a progressive manager in charge.

Did they mean, get relegated?

Tbh i think i read that once on here. And even that was challenged. I dont think it was a wide spread opinion.
I hope they keep him along with the others just below us. Oh and ten hag hangs on for a few more weeks.

The man is so frustrating. Hes unwilling to make subs and how Young got into the 11 yet again is unfathomable.

Finally picked the right side vs west ham and then take out Patterson for a far weaker player.

Disappointing but happy with the result.
I do find his lack of subs strange

But in fairness could be resting patto for the weekend and young scored in the 93rd minute which is impressive considering he's 38

….clear to me that he prefers Young at this point in time & I understand that.

He selected Young last night and I expect he’ll do the same on Saturday.
So do I unfortunately.

For me Patterson is the future and needs a run of games .

Young is an adequate emergency sub at either left or right back but INI shouldn't be starting.

It’s odd, I’m sure people on here were saying a few months ago Kompany was going to show us what Burnley could really do with a progressive manager in charge.

Did they mean, get relegated?
Yeah, some serious mouth running.comparing kompany to Dyche because they coped in the league below.
Football history is full of manager that become a busted flush after a promotion followed by a season in the premier league. Kompany will deserve another chance at it, but it’s too soon to tell

Fair play to him, he has changed the weak mentality in the squad and there is a buzz about the team now. Hopefully we can build these last few results and not face point deductions.

….I know I’m in the minority who like the job he’s doing but I do wonder if there’s a bit of snobbery with some posters thinking the ‘stereotype’ Dyche is not good enough for our club.

The nonsense of ‘hoofball’, the ludicrous idea he ‘plays his mates’, ‘Dyche fit’ ffs.

He can only work with what he has and I much prefer watching Dyche Everton to Lampard or Benitez Everton.

Maybe Moshiri finally got one right.
I dont think Moshiri wanted him. He wanted Bielsa...it was Kenright who wanted Dyche and i think it could be his second great appointment.

So do I unfortunately.

For me Patterson is the future and needs a run of games .

Young is an adequate emergency sub at either left or right back but INI shouldn't be starting.

….I don’t get this ‘he needs a run of games’. Footballers have opportunities to stake a claim for a place and if they fail to take them, then they don’t get selected. Patterson has had plenty.

Like most posters, I want Patterson to be the future but I’m nervous when he plays and Dyche must think the same. Coleman will be back soon, Patterson will be no3 in the queue and that is down to him. If that situation remains, I can actually see a RB on the shopping list next summer.

Dyche has functional and pragmatic approach to the game, which means winning over entertainment. The only trouble is he is not people pleaser and will go wrong very quickly.

Positive is how he managed DCL back to fitness the previous two throw him far too early to save their own jobs. Dyche has had the danglies to manage him appropriately.

The other positive is he is the players manager, he knows that players want to play every match, lots of chat about rotation resting anyone near the in professional sense know that players just want to play.I

Also, how he has gone about balancing the side so quickly so obvious it needed to happen. And with that has built a spine.

All in all think he honest broker what we see is what you get. A rare commodity in football.