2023/24 Sean Dyche

This is what I’m struggling with. People coming on and acting the big one because they backed him and calling out anyone who didn’t. I don’t get it at all. It’s our worst start to a season since Mike Walker and we have 1 league win.

There’s promising signs from last 2 results. But after 2 relegation scraps already. Not winning until game 6 should always be a concern and be questioned.
It wasn’t only the results, it was the way the team set up, played. The narrow back 4, which allowed opposition full backs/wingers the whole of the flanks unopposed. The massive space in the middle of the park between the midfield and the defence. The defending at corners, allowing multiple opposition players at the edge of the 18 yard box to go unmarked.
The seemingly lack of discipline in the central midfield which would see players wander off, out of position. These things happened game after game and they deserved to be questioned.

It wasn’t only the results, it was the way the team set up, played. The narrow back 4, which allowed opposition full backs/wingers the whole of the flanks unopposed. The massive space in the middle of the park between the midfield and the defence. The defending at corners, allowing multiple opposition players at the edge of the 18 yard box to go unmarked.
The seemingly lack of discipline in the central midfield which would see players wander off, out of position. These things happened game after game and they deserved to be questioned.

Spot on. Finally we see the difference when pairing Onana/Garner (which has been obvious to anyone its our best midfield), using Patterson correctly (not narrow full backs) and actually using players rather than bypassing them.

Its taken him a while but hopefully its clicked for him now.

A chance for him to have some breathing space today. The five teams below us should lose their games and if we can win we'll have created a gap.

I think thats not only important for obvious reasons but it may also allow the manager to be positive in his selections.

Spot on. Finally we see the difference when pairing Onana/Garner (which has been obvious to anyone its our best midfield), using Patterson correctly (not narrow full backs) and actually using players rather than bypassing them.

To be fair to Dyche, there wasn’t a right-sided midfielder / winger available to him at the start of the season so Garner had to play there, but the fact that the midfield had no discipline was still down to him and his coaches.

This is what I’m struggling with. People coming on and acting the big one because they backed him and calling out anyone who didn’t. I don’t get it at all. It’s our worst start to a season since Mike Walker and we have 1 league win.

There’s promising signs from last 2 results. But after 2 relegation scraps already. Not winning until game 6 should always be a concern and be questioned.
It's the GOT way. Been happening since at least Ancelotti, probably Martinez actually. It's intensified since Benitez, which was properly rancourous.

All part of the panto.

Back to Dyche, agreed It's been a horrible start to the season. Not helped himself for sure. I'm just hoping the last couple of games start us on a run which we desperately need.

He has to win today though, football supporters have both long term and short term memories.

He wins we're on a great run, it was just teething, getting a settled team, we draw or lose, he's hopeless, no idea what he's doing, sack him...

Definitely needs 5o install more confidence in the fan base, though he has had a rough hand dealt though fir his start.

Maybe the penny is dropping for both him and the team... as I say he needs that win today.

He has to win today though, football supporters have both long term and short term memories.

He wins we're on a great run, it was just teething, getting a settled team, we draw or lose, he's hopeless, no idea what he's doing, sack him...

Definitely needs 5o install more confidence in the fan base, though he has had a rough hand dealt though fir his start.

Maybe the penny is dropping for both him and the team... as I say he needs that win today.
Not a personal fan myself, but keeps us winning thats fine.
Everton fans

I think thats forums in general now. You can become a disaster or genius within a short spell.
I always find that with a loss and players who have previously been crap are suddenly missed because they didnt play, wether through injury or whatever.. Thats my favourite. How they suddenly become class.