2023/24 Sean Dyche

Shush. Let them fume.
I’m not fuming at all. Quite enjoying the lively debate!

I must admit the drama of another manager search and the X Factor style interview process is something I’d look forward to since there’s scant entertainment on the pitch lol but I reckon if dyche picks up a couple of results he’ll be fine.

Maximise their return in a sale, like you say yourself.

Risking their investment by barely surviving is not the right approach for that.

They’d like us to be safely 10th - 14th with minimal outlay.
So where's their outlay?

They've simply sold players to clear the decks and brought in some loans. The manager has not been supported. Beto is here only because they didn't have to pay a cent in this financial year.

Their only plan is to cross their fingers.

So where's their outlay?

They've simply sold players to clear the decks and brought in some loans. The manager has not been supported. Beto is here only because they didn't have to pay a cent in this financial year.

Standard BK play really lol and all Mosh has got left to him since USM got sanctioned.

It is odd that the general consensus has been that Dyche has been let down by the Board given he has barely had the use of a striker since he arrived. Now he has one, scored in the cup and had a good PL debut today, but the hordes are now calling for Dyche’s head. Surely he deserves an opportunity to show what can be done with an actual striker?
It's so weird isn't it. We're such a weird collective. Pointing in the wrong direction. Dyche has a limited squad. You tell me what manager has a proven track record of keeping teams up when the board continually sell off key players under his nose? He has had literally no striker since he's been here. Insane criticism.

We desperately needed a CB, the stupid board didn't even feel it necessary to recruit one, but people on here expecting Dyche to improve average players like Godfrey. Not going to happen. No one will.

This board is the worst in all of europe and until they're removed, absolutely no manager is going to get a rise out of this inept and limted squad.

I’m not fuming at all. Quite enjoying the lively debate!

I must admit the drama of another manager search and the X Factor style interview process is something I’d look forward to since there’s scant entertainment on the pitch lol but I reckon if dyche picks up a couple of results he’ll be fine.

Oh yeah. Was saying to me mate at the game today chatting wham that Brighton had De Zebri on a list IF Potter went after Potters 1st season. Just happened that things panned out.

We on the other hand don't plan that far ahead. We'd sack Dyche then wait a month for someone to come in.

So where's their outlay?

Well that’s different to saying they are specifically setting out to do the minimum to just scrape survival.

I don’t think we’re disagreeing about anything significant here.

Oh yeah. Was saying to me mate at the game today chatting wham that Brighton had De Zebri on a list IF Potter went after Potters 1st season. Just happened that things panned out.

We on the other hand don't plan that far ahead. We'd sack Dyche then wait a month for someone to come in.
Absolutely. Those folks at Brighton are playing 3D chess and our lot are playing conkers.

Since Dyche has taken over the team, they have bought him a total of 1 player, Beto. Im not counting Chermiti as hes one for the future. Other than that they have loaned 2 wingers.

In that time the board have sold over 100m in players, including 4 forwards. Its not that Dyche is a great manager, its that no one else even has a shot of keeping the team up with that kind of "backing".

Well that’s different to saying they are specifically setting out to do the minimum to just scrape survival.

I don’t think we’re disagreeing about anything significant here.
Clearly we are if you think that this summer's pathetic "investment" in loans, free transfers, and players who cost nothing until next year is anything more than the minimum. There is no plan except to cross fingers and toes and hope Dyche gets lucky with injuries. I would take 17th right now if it was on offer, because it's touch and go with this "squad" if we can stay up this term once the inevitable injuries hit.

Most would agree that Dyche was the correct appointment in the circumstances that prevailed at the time. It is an open debate whether he should be left to carry us forward. It has nothing to do with blaming him for the current club situation.