2023/24 Sean Dyche

I’ll say it til the day I die, these cup games are rough. League 2 opposition will treat this like Champions League and we are trying to make it safely to the weekend. It is hard to convince players to show up for these games. You are almost better off going with a young and hungry lineup of players fighting for a spot in the team and maybe a McNeil, Tarkowski and Gana in the lineup to keep a steady presence. We can’t match a team going 200 percent to our 50. This could get ugly real fast.

I’ll say it til the day I die, these cup games are rough. League 2 opposition will treat this like Champions League and we are trying to make it safely to the weekend. It is hard to convince players to show up for these games. You are almost better off going with a young and hungry lineup of players fighting for a spot in the team and maybe a McNeil, Tarkowski and Gana in the lineup to keep a steady presence. We can’t match a team going 200 percent to our 50. This could get ugly real fast.
Why are we playing at 50 percent in the first place? Dyche’s job to motivate the team beyond 50%. No?