2023/24 Sean Dyche

I think next season will be just as difficult as this mate, possibly more so, depending upon recruitment and players leaving. Assuming we don't repeat the winless run, and the next points deduction isn't 8 points, and Dom doesn't go 897 games without scoring again, it's easy to think we could be knocking top 8. However it depends on who we buy/sell imo. Onana going I think we could take, but Pickford and/or Branthwaite going puts a whole new spin on things in terms of our final position.

Then there are the players out of contract, and as poor as some of them are individually, they are currently part of a fairly cohesive unit that has done more than enough to stay up. Do we ship them all out and hope to replace? Given the (lack of) funds available are replacements even realistic? Or maybe get rid of a few and extend the odd contract by a year? I wouldn't be surprised if we have an even thinner squad unless we unearth some gems for minimal outlay, or a couple of kids break through.

He'll thin the squad because our financial situation demands it. He had a thin squad at Burnley too so he's been on this ride before.

I think some confuse "we're not Burnley" with "financially we're exactly like Burnley" pre takeover.

I'm still amazed at how many in here want him gone. Football fans are as fickle as the day is long though. West Ham lot have basically ousted Moyes. And Spurs fans now think Ange is no longer the new messiah. Some on talksh*te earlier wanting him gone ! The mind literally boggles. As for Dyche, he's performed wonders, that run of no wins was below par however add the points back in, change some losses to wins and draws and we're knocking on top 8 easily.

While I do like Ange (he'd probably suit the RS more than anything) he's the new breed of Pep-lite managers that refuse to change their "philosophy" to win games.

MOTD showed that perfectly when a hoof down field would've put Spurs in a 3v2 a few times but instead tried to pass it out and got caught.

They'd rather lose their way, than win another way.

He'll thin the squad because our financial situation demands it. He had a thin squad at Burnley too so he's been on this ride before.

I think some confuse "we're not Burnley" with "financially we're exactly like Burnley" pre takeover.
I've no idea about the actual financial state of Everton mate, aside from what I read on here and elsewhere. I've even less of an idea about Burnley. I think it's fair to say neither are/were great like. A thin squad is all fine and dandy until suspensions and injuries kick in. We got away with relatively minimal injuries to key players this year, certainly compared with other seasons, and I can't recall too many suspensions when it mattered?

We'll probably have a cup run* or two next season as well, which won't help.

*yeah, I know

Who do you think is a better choice and would do an unbelievable job at Everton?

I don’t like him, never wanted him and never will warm to him I imagine.

However, I recognise he’s done the job he was brought in for, so does deserve a stab at next season.

I’d stop short of saying he’s done an unbelievable job though that some people would have you believe and certainly would not be handing out new contracts.

I've no idea about the actual financial state of Everton mate, aside from what I read on here and elsewhere. I've even less of an idea about Burnley. I think it's fair to say neither are/were great like. A thin squad is all fine and dandy until suspensions and injuries kick in. We got away with relatively minimal injuries to key players this year, certainly compared with other seasons, and I can't recall too many suspensions when it mattered?

We'll probably have a cup run* or two next season as well, which won't help.

*yeah, I know

We had a cup run this season?

I’m not arguing Messi wasnt better than Ronaldo.

Im saying it’s not a very controversial opinion for someone to prefer Ronaldo seeing as it’s been the biggest debate in football for the past 15 years.

I’d have prime R9 or zidane over both of them tbh… I loved watching them two play.

Would have been great seeing R9 tracking back to help our Ashley young and zidane being completely bypassed in midfield and told never to enter the opposition half

I’d have prime R9 or zidane over both of them tbh… I loved watching them two play.

Would have been great seeing R9 tracking back to help our Ashley young and zidane being completely bypassed in midfield and told never to enter the opposition half

It’s amazing how Docuoure got his goals this season isn’t it really when you think he wasn’t able to enter the opposition half

Screenshot_2024-05-06-17-11-59-67_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12 (1).jpg

Screenshot_2024-05-06-17-30-58-56_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12 (1).jpg

Everton were only in a relegation battle at the beginning of the winless run due to the 10 points deduction. Even though we had won 8 of the first 17 matches.

In this winless run Everton drew 6 games including conceding late goals against Brighton and Bournemouth that would have given us 4 more points.

We also got 4 points back in the appeal meaning from the start of the winless run and facing Burnley that's 10 points.

Luton in this period got 13 points
Brentford 9 points
Burnley 11 points
Sheffield United 7 points

So in Everton's worst period and toughest fixtures no one punished us.

The fact is to survive relegation in any season you have to win 10 games and we have done that at a canter with a points deduction and Dyche the coaching staff and the players deserve praise for that.

Why can't people just accept that the majority of clubs lose more than they win. And most clubs don't have the talent to play great football.

You want to watch classy football every week be a glory hunter and watch Barca or City.
You can though, we got points deducted and went on a run of 2 wins in 15 mate. That's a relegation battle after the fact and 2 wins in 15 form we would have been dragged into it anyway, just not quite as deep into it.

If he wants to avoid being in a battle for 15-17th next season, he has to develop his own ideology.

I dont believe we would change in summer, and even if we did change, we dont have the money to develop a whole new footballing ideal.

However, he has to improve.

Last night was a really good chance to show that without that black cloud of pressure hanging over you, these players can play football and take the game to Luton.

The players failed to do that, Dyche failed to do that with his set up. Sitting with a 451 for the vast majority of the game was criminal. Felt very sorry for DCL. Absolutely no support.

View attachment 255838

View attachment 255839
Everton were only in a relegation battle at the beginning of the winless run due to the 10 points deduction. Even though we had won 8 of the first 17 matches.

In this winless run Everton drew 6 games including conceding late goals against Brighton and Bournemouth that would have given us 4 more points.

We also got 4 points back in the appeal meaning from the start of the winless run and facing Burnley that's 10 points.

Luton in this period got 13 points
Brentford 9 points
Burnley 11 points
Sheffield United 7 points

So in Everton's worst period and toughest fixtures no one punished us.

The fact is to survive relegation in any season you have to win 10 games and we have done that at a canter with a points deduction and Dyche the coaching staff and the players deserve praise for that.

Why can't people just accept that the majority of clubs lose more than they win. And most clubs don't have the talent to play great football.

You want to watch classy football every week be a glory hunter and watch Barca or City.

Bit in bold, excuse you? Perhaps dont come across so condescending.

I've been going the match for 27 years and have had what, 2/3 seasons of good footy? Some nerve that just because I want to see us progress. What GLORY has there been in 27 years? NOTHING. NONE. ZERO.

I dont expect good footy, I do expect more than 2 wins in 15 matches. You cannot say we got an extra four points in that winless run, they were off the field awarded BACK from when we got deducted.

Read all of my posts regarding Dyche. I never once have said he has to go in summer. I have said we have to improve and HE has to improve otherwise if we go on a winless run, yet again, we'll be back down there, yet again. I never have once said I expect us to play like Barca or City, i have only said we have to be more progressive. Dyche has done marvellously well to get 9 points in that week, however he showed then showed a negative by trying to sit back and hold on for a point the second Luton equalised.

Theres no pressure on that game, why not take the schackles and see what happens? See who responds and could potentially provide some more progressive football next season.

Just because I want to see us progress doesn't mean my opinion is beneath you. The whole point of your post is a counter argument I was willing to discuss, right until you put that line in bold.