2023/24 Sean Dyche

One of the main things that angers me about him is him openly admitting that he and his coaching team aren't even trying anything new in training to address to lack of goals. He's been directly asked about this loads in press conferences and every time said no, the chances are there, bad luck, it's a matter of time, etc. Personally think the midfield and strikers need to be seeing sports psychologists to address their issues.

I expect an improvement in performances following Dyche reiterating during their trip away that he is the Alpha in the dressing room.

1ea9d55b66f475e0930aa0f654c191ff.gif

Cos it's the truth?

Slapping people on the head and then blaming them for not seeing the joke?

He could've said.

I've apologised to Nathan.
I shouldn't have done it, just messing about.
He was great about it and accepted the apology.
The training camp was great, lads needed it...

That would've been a smarter way of responding to the (inevitable) question.

I expect an improvement in performances following Dyche reiterating during their trip away that he is the Alpha in the dressing room.
Got to be honest, i am expecting the exact same thing as the last 3 months. Pass very badly and miss almost every opportunity followed by a our xG was good and i cannot fault the lads for their efforts even though we haven't won a a game since the 16th December.

Slapping people on the head and then blaming them for not seeing the joke?

He could've said.

I've apologised to Nathan.
I shouldn't have done it, just messing about.
He was great about it and accepted the apology.
The training camp was great, lads needed it...

That would've been a smarter way of responding to the (inevitable) question.
People would have a different opinion if it was a popular manager and a player they didn't rate. Its a nothing story like Dyche said.

People would have a different opinion if it was a popular manager and a player they didn't rate. Its a nothing story like Dyche said.
Generally speaking, popular managers either tend to show significantly better judgement in dealing with players than he does, or they get significantly better results than he does.

It's shocking that even in the club's current situation he's allowed to continue.

I don't massively but I don't hate him like most seem too. Before Xmas everyone was all over him, just constantly bored of blaming and changing managers.

The irony is if you look in most or not all of the players threads on here its a lot of criticism of how poor they generally are. Yet pop into the manager thread and he should be getting a better performance from the same players who are being criticised for not being very good.
I Dont like or dislike him. The squads poor. There is no money to change it. He's won as many games as anyone else in the bottom 8. Come at me if you want. But we're a bottom half level squad. And im gona repeat myself but i dont care. The strikers at the club should be embarrassed as hell with their return this season. Im not buying this its the manager for that. Sheff united and burnley strikers have more than ours. If they'd turned up just a fraction to what they actually have the team would be sitting far more comfortably.

Who's replacing him?

Its a valid question that gets shot down in flames so often with replies of there is always someone. Well yeah there is. But does that mean they will be any good. There is so much that needs changing. With nothing to change it with.
If ever there was a wake up call for Everton fans about the reality of this job it was when bielsa looked at the first team squad and went..no thanks.
If anyone did come in they would need time and trust they can build from within. Thats where i agree on not dyche. But they aint getting that at Everton. They will be hounded out if results dont get met.