2023/24 Sean Dyche

A one off 8 years ago. Sheffield Utd finished 9th a few years ago under wilder and got relegated the following season.

[Poor language removed] me.

I'll spell it out for you as simply as I can.

I (along many others on here) are content with the job Dyche is currently doing, under the current circumstances.

This is not the same as saying I want him as our long term manager.

This is not the same as saying I'd be happy for Everton to be in this position in the future once the current circumstances resolve one way or another.

I'm sure every poster on here dreams of an Everton team playing opponents of the park week in, week out creating goal scoring opportunities ever 5 mins and conceding zilch. Based on the posts of yours that I've read, the fact that we're not doing that right now is unacceptable, without taking anything else into account.

I (along many others on here) are content with the job Dyche is currently doing, under the current circumstances.

This is not the same as saying I'd be happy for Everton to be in this position in the future once the current circumstances resolve one way or another.

I'm sure every poster on here dreams of an Everton team playing opponents of the park week in, week out creating goal scoring opportunities ever 5 mins and conceding zilch. Based on the posts of yours that I've read, the fact that we're not doing that right now is unacceptable, without taking anything else into account.

This is my take on it also. It’s all very one-eyed, ranty and tiresome

Yeah sure, we might have money in the summer and if there’s miraculously a better situation in the summer a lot of us might be a bit more interested in talking about change. However what if it’s the opposite and we are worse off squad wise, and general no less stable financially

I’ve never said I want dyche gone now, but I do in the summer. We need to build something long term, that ain’t happening With dyche

Like our greatest ever player said, the philosophy of thinking 10th was good enough started the rot.

I’ve never said I want dyche gone now, but I do in the summer. We need to build something long term, that ain’t happening With dyche

Like our greatest ever player said, the philosophy of thinking 10th was good enough started the rot.

So the crux of all this is, you are in the minority thinking that the summer or next season is the time to start building long term

The majority won’t agree with that and see the period after the stadium as the time when we hope we are stable and can start to build something with decent appointments, recruitment and decision making.

Until then our starting points are too far apart and most won’t care about all your complaints about dyche so long as he is looking to keep us up

Top 6 is a bit fanciful. More like solid midtable with an outside chance of squeezing into the top 8.

But our chance creation stats have dropped over the last couple of months. Are teams setting up to nullify us. Playing 3 big centre backs, working harder to stop our threats from set pieces. Let’s see if dyche’s has answers, because going off the run we’re on, which is relegation form he doesn’t

Before we were creating the 8th most chances with 4th best defence

If thats not top 6 level stats wise idk what is.

Doucoure & Onana got injured and then weve dropped off.

Wait. What?

Why cant Dyche build something long term?

Stats wise with this squad its very impressive apart from finishing -- solely on the players.

Again, you're forgetting the circumstances surrounding the club at the moment.

That is impossible to do if we have an absent owner/board. We have no idea how/when that is going to resolve and whether we're going to end up with cowboys in charge.

It’s the same people who chased out the other managers to promote their own idealism. Giving Everton huge compensation bills that helped get us points deducted and more than that, bring in a decade of instability that’s been hideous to experience.

Everton are a pragmatic club, Evertonians are pragmatists, yet these XG noncing royal blue centrists want you to know they’re a puritan and can’t wait to invoke a School Of Science mantra sixty years out of date. They’ll pick round the edges as unless the manager was THEIR pick he will never be good enough.

Moyes, Royle, Kendall all pragmatists. That’s what engages the fanbase and gets the best out of the DNA of the club.

Crush them true blues, know thy enemy and CRUSH them kicking off as Dyche doesn’t play an inverted playmaker.

Before we were creating the 8th most chances with 4th best defence

If thats not top 6 level stats wise idk what is.

Doucoure & Onana got injured and then weve dropped off.

Creating chances is not the same as putting them away.

We don't have the forward players capable of firing us any higher than mid table IMO.

Wait. What?

Why cant Dyche build something long term?

Stats wise with this squad its very impressive apart from finishing -- solely on the players.
Jesus are your serious didn’t you not see his Burnley team for 10 years.
How does hoofing it long and hoping for a corner achieve things long term

Come on everyone pure pragmatism here.

He has walked into an absolute shambles of a club, and inherited a mediocre squad of players.

Financially we cannot afford to 'sack him', and his backroom staff.

Watching EFC since the mid 1960's, and this is some of the most turgid football=performances I have ever witnessed.

Dyche is stuck in aspic and cannot evolve or change his football 'philosophy'.

At this moment in time it is all about staying in the PL, and despite his limitations and faults he will probably achieve this.

I wish it was different, but sadly we are where we are.

Being optimistic and ambitious has to be based on solid ground, and with us it's sand at this time.

But it’s a similar situation with us and Moyes. He made us a very steady top 8 side, but he couldn’t take us any further, never won at the big 4 and bottled a number of big games, because ultimately he was a safety first manager.

I bet all these non Everton fans, pundits, journalists think 95% of Everton fans would take Moyes back tomorrow when in reality it’s probably 50/50. Because we all know what we’re getting.

And it could be the same with Burnley fans, maybe they will take being a yo-yo club for a few years, because of a different mentality shift at the club and a different more easy in the eye style, buying different types of players, not just 6ft 4 brutes
After 10yrs of dyche. And it was dyche that get them relegated and it was inevitable in the end as they’d been close for a few seasons.
I agree and also get the point that people at West Ham don't want Moyes to stay and reach the same spot in the table with better football. He did a good job, winning them a trophy and getting them out of relegation, making them a consistent top-half finisher, apart from last season. Pretty much what he did at Everton, unfortunately without a trophy. In the end, you also have to consider the financial ability of the club. Firstly, I think it was a miracle that Dyche kept Burnley up a few years in a row.