2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

It terrifies me to think back to actually how vulnerable we were to going down under him given what hes shown now what his managerial capability is - its a miracle we actually stayed up.
His dismissal of Doucoure was mental. Even Rafael's results sort of only went downhill after Doucoure got injured. Frank had a healthy Doucoure and tried to sell him even when he was on a terrible winless run.

His dismissal of Doucoure was mental. Even Rafael's results sort of only went downhill after Doucoure got injured. Frank had a healthy Doucoure and tried to sell him even when he was on a terrible winless run.

Doucoure was massive for us mate. We were blessed we sacked Lampard when we did as ive no doubht we would have sold or even loaned him out and we know the impact he had on our results and season when he came back in.

Someone raised a very good point yesterday mate, we spent a lot of money Onana - maybe unnecessarily so, given we had Doucoure. If wed used that money North of 30 million on attacking positions - would we have been in the difficult positions we were. I mean imagine adding 30 mill + to the 12 million we spent on Maupay on another or other attacking players.

Lampard's decision on Doucoure arguably had a massive ripple effect.

18 games is basically half a season so he also had to play the worst teams as much too or are you saying every team that was above us was a top team ?
Jumping in on this, because of fixtures cancelled Dyche had to play arsenal twice and didn’t get to play Southampton at all (worst team in the league).

Also worth nothing that we already played at home to Southampton, Palace, West Ham, Chelsea (weirdly whipping boys second half of the season), Forest and Leicester by the time Dyche came in and the only teams who ever looked like getting relegated we had at home were Leeds and Bournemouth who we both crucially beat.

Dyche did well with a terrible squad and unfavourable fixtures.

Yeah but I think Dyches got the best use of him, he was never consistent enough not to be dropped, for any of the other managers.

Yeah but I think Dyches got the best use of him, he was never consistent enough not to be dropped, for any of the other managers.
This

Doucoure excelled under Dyche b/c he was able to just run around and join attacks and we didn't have much of the ball. This is where he's at his best and he can just use his athleticism.

Doucoure is dreadful as a midfielder in a possession based side, which is what, in theory, Lampard wanted to play. We can debate whether that's what we actually tried to accomplish with him in charge, but what is not debatable is how awful Doucoure is in possession.

Dyche played against each of the bottom 9 teams in his short time with us last season, and we didn't lose a single 1 of them. Absolutely huge stat for me that is, especially given where we were. Lose a few of those 6 pointers and we'd have been gone well before the final day. Leicester, Forest, Leeds for example, imagine if we'd have lost any of them!!!

This

Doucoure excelled under Dyche b/c he was able to just run around and join attacks and we didn't have much of the ball. This is where he's at his best and he can just use his athleticism.

Doucoure is dreadful as a midfielder in a possession based side, which is what, in theory, Lampard wanted to play. We can debate whether that's what we actually tried to accomplish with him in charge, but what is not debatable is how awful Doucoure is in possession.
Everyone was awful with possession though. For Frank not to be able to see the team's strengths to secure points is a massive red flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.