2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went into a final day showdown with our PL existence on the line. No Calvert Lewin, no full backs, no options on the bench, having to play a new formation, up against a team with no pressure, fully fit, and a manager being touted for doing one of the best jobs of the season.

What we saw was a game where Everton were on the front foot the majority of the game, made nearly all the chances, limited Bournemouth to hardly any meaningful chances, and ultimately ended up with the three points. That doesn’t just happen by magic. Dyche got the mentality, and the tactics absolutely spot on.

He tactically bettered O Neill, just as he did De Zerbi, Arteta, Frank, Marsch. He’s a very intelligent manager but seemingly some people can’t look past ‘make a sub Dyche ffs, get Simms on’.

Maybe if we sack Dyche, get another manager in, and he doesn’t play Simms either some might finally twig on that he’s just not that good and the answer might be just to buy our managers some decent attacking options.

Where’s Lewis Dobbin these days anyway? Thought he was the second coming last season if you read this place.
3 goals in League One.

I am thankful and like Dyche, but we have been down this road before. Its far too early to judge whether Dyche can create a team that pushes up the table. Everyone is on Lampards back now, but this time last season he was a hero too, that got the club and wanted us to actually play proper football. Can Dyche build a proper team that actually challenges top 6 - I don't know.

We haven't been a real football team since early Roberto. Silva's team were in fits and starts.. but Koeman, Ancelotti, Allardyce were anti football managers for us. I can't dream of becoming a fluid organised team that can pass and move overnight, whilst remaining structured at the back, but hopefully we can find some level that means we are not backs to the wall from day 1.

Dyche showed he knows how to get a song from Mcneil and importantly Doucoure.. too many managers still don't understand square pegs in round holes. Dyche showed enough stubborness himself around Keane and Maupay that I'm not sold he won't go down the same road...

But he does deserve the chance doesn't he

3 goals in League One.

Which proves my point. It’s just far too easy for Everton fans to always look at what academy kid is next off the rank and absolutely blast the manager for not playing them. We’ve probably given Simms and Dobbin more minutes than they’d get at any other PL club, same as we did for Davies and Kenny, when the reality is they’re just not good enough. Doesn’t stop our fans blasting the manager though.

Which proves my point. It’s just far too easy for Everton fans to always look at what academy kid is next off the rank and absolutely blast the manager for not playing them. We’ve probably given Simms and Dobbin more minutes than they’d get at any other PL club, same as we did for Davies and Kenny, when the reality is they’re just not good enough. Doesn’t stop our fans blasting the manager though.
They rarely make it. Probably one will make it as a PL footballer for every 3 seasons.

Gordon and Robinson in recent years.

Very happy for Dyche and for Everton.

Considering the circumstances (injuries, thin squad etc) imo he’s done a fantastic job - the shots on target/chance creation with such a depleted forward line is typical of Dyche - and hopefully puts to bed a lot of the crap about his play-style being hit and hope 10 men behind the ball low block etc.

Really hope that he gets backed and nothing silly happens like getting turfed and can mould the squad into his own removing a lot of the deadwood.

I’d expect after a full preseason of Dyche, another few months to give everyone a look and mould his own team that you will be nowhere near fighting relegation again.

Look forward to facing you at the Turf and again for one last time at Goodison

All the best.

….I like that he hasn’t been too romantic in his descriptors of the club. Uncomplicated man, he seems to have assessed the players he can rely on, although he took his time bringing Mina in (probably didn’t trust his injury record).

I expect he’s put his shopping list in & I wouldn’t be surprised if it looks like this;

1) An effective back-up striker.
2) A creative, goal scoring wide player.
3) A new LB.

He’ll be chatting with individuals over the next few days, telling certain contracted ones that they’re not in his plans (Holgate, Maupay, Simms, Godfrey to name a few).

What on Earth are you on about
What am I on about. You reckon that Lampard talked sense. I reckon that he talked nonsense. Lampard wouldn’t play Doucoure . Dyche played Doucoure. Lampard couldn’t find a way to beat Bournemouth . Dyche found a way to beat Bournemouth. We would have been relegated with Lampard. We stayed up with Dyche., So it’s very simple , what I’m talking about. Just answering your notion that Lampard talked sense. It’s all about opinions , but I just didn’t get what sense Lampard talked. Dyche talks sense in spade fulls .

Said many times...Simms is either good enough (personally would like to see him play against a team that isn't away at a top 6 club) or he's not and should be sold in the summer while his stock his high.

Personally think he's done enough to be given a chance.

But it's Dyche' call

What am I on about. You reckon that Lampard talked sense. I reckon that he talked nonsense. Lampard wouldn’t play Doucoure . Dyche played Doucoure. Lampard couldn’t find a way to beat Bournemouth . Dyche found a way to beat Bournemouth. We would have been relegated with Lampard. We stayed up with Dyche., So it’s very simple , what I’m talking about. Just answering your notion that Lampard talked sense. It’s all about opinions , but I just didn’t get what sense Lampard talked. Dyche talks sense in spade fulls .

Yeh I still don't understand what you're on about. Still pissed from yesterday?

….I like that he hasn’t been too romantic in his descriptors of the club. Uncomplicated man, he seems to have assessed the players he can rely on, although he took his time bringing Mina in (probably didn’t trust his injury record).

I expect he’s put his shopping list in & I wouldn’t be surprised if it looks like this;

1) An effective back-up striker.
2) A creative, goal scoring wide player.
3) A new LB.

He’ll be chatting with individuals over the next few days, telling certain contracted ones that they’re not in his plans (Holgate, Maupay, Simms, Godfrey to name a few).

This is where the thinking MUST change.. we don't have a primary striker! I presume you are saying back up to a striker that has hardly had play time in 2 seasons.. plus has had 6 months of actual goal scoring whilst fit.. We need to think that DCL is the back up striker... otherwise we end up with another Maupay or Tosun.

We went into a final day showdown with our PL existence on the line. No Calvert Lewin, no full backs, no options on the bench, having to play a new formation, up against a team with no pressure, fully fit, and a manager being touted for doing one of the best jobs of the season.

What we saw was a game where Everton were on the front foot the majority of the game, made nearly all the chances, limited Bournemouth to hardly any meaningful chances, and ultimately ended up with the three points. That doesn’t just happen by magic. Dyche got the mentality, and the tactics absolutely spot on.

He tactically bettered O Neill, just as he did De Zerbi, Arteta, Frank, Marsch. He’s a very intelligent manager but seemingly some people can’t look past ‘make a sub Dyche ffs, get Simms on’.

Maybe if we sack Dyche, get another manager in, and he doesn’t play Simms either some might finally twig on that he’s just not that good and the answer might be just to buy our managers some decent attacking options.

Where’s Lewis Dobbin these days anyway? Thought he was the second coming last season if you read this place.
You don't have to bury younger players like Simms and Dobbin in order to defend the manager

Dyche can have done a good job overall whilst also being criticised for playing Maupay over Simms and Keane over Mina as many times as he did

I know this is the internet, but nuance is allowed

Going after and targeting a young player like Simms so you can bolster your argument is a pretty crappy thing to do in all honesty and I expect better of you

From his interviews, I get the impression he isn't enamoured with a lot of the players. Even said something about bad recruitment before he arrived and also says what a mess the club is in, just stopped short of calling it broken.

Interested to see what work we do this summer.

Feels a lot better this morning doesn't it, a weight lifted.

From his interviews, I get the impression he isn't enamoured with a lot of the players. Even said something about bad recruitment before he arrived and also says what a mess the club is in, just stopped short of calling it broken.

Interested to see what work we do this summer.

Feels a lot better this morning doesn't it, a weight lifted.

It'll feel better if we can oust the board

I'm sure Dyche wouldn't shed any tears of we did

Status
Not open for further replies.