2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some tosh sides in the league next season.

Luton
Burnley
Sheff Utd
Bournemouth
Notts Forest

5 teams we should easily finish above if Dyche is backed in the summer.

I’ll stick my neck out and say he’ll have us mid 50 points next season.

Rationale: Even with this sad bunch bereft of confidence and without a goal scorer he’s averaging over a point per game. That was with a difficult fixture list too.

Add in the bottom half teams at home fixtures, add in him now knowing not to play Michael Keane ever, add in getting in some attacking players in the summer (hopefully), add in another pre season of work, add in confidence and momentum that might come from not being in a relegation battle immediately.

I don’t think it’s a massive stretch to add another 10 points on.

Rationale: Even with this sad bunch bereft of confidence and without a goal scorer he’s averaging over a point per game. That was with a difficult fixture list too.

Add in the bottom half teams at home fixtures, add in him now knowing not to play Michael Keane ever, add in getting in some attacking players in the summer (hopefully), add in another pre season of work, add in confidence and momentum that might come from not being in a relegation battle immediately.

45 points would be a realistic target next year and would show some progression. Next year needs to be about avoiding another relegation fight.

Rumours Tuchel may be leaving Bayern.

He's the only manager I would consider replacing Dyche with as like Emery at Villa I think he has the quality to push us on maybe past the point Dyche can.

But if that isn't a possibility then Dyche should be given next season as the likes of Potterball, Pulis, Postecoglou, Rodgers are not any improvement on what we have.

Best job he'll ever get.
He somehow rallied the bare bones lack of confidence injury prone squad over the line.
He's done well financially now,no doubt,as have his backroom squad.
A few players know they are out the picture,Michael Keane excluded, I feel.
We really can't thank him enough....

Rumours Tuchel may be leaving Bayern.

He's the only manager I would consider replacing Dyche with as like Emery at Villa I think he has the quality to push us on maybe past the point Dyche can.

But if that isn't a possibility then Dyche should be given next season as the likes of Potterball, Pulis, Postecoglou, Rodgers are not any improvement on what we have.

I think we have to be at a higher base before a manager like Tuchel comes in. Villa had quality players, we don’t. Even Southampton’s players when Pochettino came in were willing to work for the new manager. We’ve got an awful squad of absolute layabouts (bar a few) who haven’t worked for any manager except a few months under Ancelotti and now under Dyche. Tuchel could easily come in, get on the wrong side of everyone, and he’s out the door by November and we’re going back to big Sam.

Dyche to get us into mid table waters and into the new stadium, get the rotting core of this squad out and allow any new manager that follows him to have a go at building something without the spectre of relegation always over him and without Michael Keane or Tom Davies in his squad.

45 points would be a realistic target next year and would show some progression. Next year needs to be about avoiding another relegation fight.

If he’s had the whole season this year at the same ppg he’d have got over 40 points. With the more favourable fixtures Lampard lost then he could have got a lot more. Yes of course pl safety secured early would be an improvement but I think Dyche may be a lot better manager than some are giving him credit for

If he’s had the whole season this year at the same ppg he’d have got over 40 points. With the more favourable fixtures Lampard lost then he could have got a lot more. Yes of course pl safety secured early would be an improvement but I think Dyche may be a lot better manager than some are giving him credit for
I think it would have been 43-44 points if he replicated it over 38 games.

I just dont want a relegation battle again. That would be tangible improvement.

Apart from Lampard. Dyche genuinely looks like he wants to be here. He needs to be kept rather than getting managers here half interested

We went into a final day showdown with our PL existence on the line. No Calvert Lewin, no full backs, no options on the bench, having to play a new formation, up against a team with no pressure, fully fit, and a manager being touted for doing one of the best jobs of the season.

What we saw was a game where Everton were on the front foot the majority of the game, made nearly all the chances, limited Bournemouth to hardly any meaningful chances, and ultimately ended up with the three points. That doesn’t just happen by magic. Dyche got the mentality, and the tactics absolutely spot on.

He tactically bettered O Neill, just as he did De Zerbi, Arteta, Frank, Marsch. He’s a very intelligent manager but seemingly some people can’t look past ‘make a sub Dyche ffs, get Simms on’.

Maybe if we sack Dyche, get another manager in, and he doesn’t play Simms either some might finally twig on that he’s just not that good and the answer might be just to buy our managers some decent attacking options.

Where’s Lewis Dobbin these days anyway? Thought he was the second coming last season if you read this place.

but that would extrapolate to 44 points, and he did this without a striker, or full backs, and he inherited an utter mess.

That’s without having the chance to play Forest, Southampton, Wolves, Leicester, Palace, West Ham at home. He could easily have boosted that ratio there with those games and we might have been looking at higher 40s or 50 points with this group of players even without DCL.

We have to back him. I'm sure he's not top of the list for most people in terms of who we all would like as our manager, but he's earned his shot.

On the day he took over, if you told us:

1. We'd sell Gordon
2. We'd not sign a single player in the window
3. Calvert-Lewin would only start 7 of his 18 games - three of which he'd get injured in and have to come off
4. Mina would only play 4 times*
5. Coleman would do his knee and miss the vital run in
6. We'd have no fullbacks available for the last game of the season
7. Onana, Mykolenko would be in and out with injury
8. Doucoure would have a 3 match suspension

You'd have bet your bottom dollar we'd have gone down.
But he found a way. I've appreciated Dyche's common sense and calmness approach and he definitely has instilled belief in the team. Biggest thing is that we knew under Lampard that basically if we conceded first, we'd lose. But that's changed under Dyche. His team keeps on going. They look fitter, stronger and hungrier.
Yes, the football isn't so pretty - but we've actually created way more under Dyche than we were under Lampard, and with precious little attacking options.

One thing is certain too - the players won't get the easy ride with Dyche that they've had under other managers. He'll work them hard and squeeze every drop out of them. About time too.

I'm not confident that we're going to fly up the table straightaway, but I think we're in decent hands, and potentially he's the most Moyes-esque manager we could get at this time - and I think that's the kind of person the club needs at this moment in time when we're short on cash, quality and belief.

Everton seem to do better when their backs are against the wall - and Dyche seems to thrive there too. so let's give it a go.

*(ok - that was Dyche's choice....)

Status
Not open for further replies.