2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche for me has been more positive than negative.

Our football has been better with creating chances.
My negative about him is his favouritism and stubbornness to continue with Godfrey and Keane for too long. I was dumbfounded at the continued selection of these players when it was obvious to almost all onlookers that they cost us in several important games. I can understand a player having the odd stinker but to allow it over several games with the same culprits was poor from him

My negative about him is his favouritism and stubbornness to continue with Godfrey and Keane for too long. I was dumbfounded at the continued selection of these players when it was obvious to almost all onlookers that they cost us in several important games. I can understand a player having the odd stinker but to allow it over several games with the same culprits was poor from him

Agree with this mostly but he's been on the money with a host of other selection decisions too. Onana, Mykolenko and Maupay firstly, partly Holgate as well have been dropped deservedly at some points.

Still puts too much faith in Iwobi, and agree with Keane and Godfrey though they were eventually dropped.

Must be hard to get it right every time when you've got such a shower of crap to choose from, so I'm giving him a bit of slack in this matter.

I'd rather complain about the lack of subs at crucial points in recent games. Still got a bit of a way to go there, he seems so reluctant to actively manage the game in the second half.

Agree with this mostly but he's been on the money with a host of other selection decisions too. Onana, Mykolenko and Maupay firstly, partly Holgate as well have been dropped deservedly at some points.

Still puts too much faith in Iwobi, and agree with Keane and Godfrey though they were eventually dropped.

Must be hard to get it right every time when you've got such a shower of crap to choose from, so I'm giving him a bit of slack in this matter.

I'd rather complain about the lack of subs at crucial points in recent games. Still got a bit of a way to go there, he seems so reluctant to actively manage the game in the second half.
You spent the first half of the post saying exactly the reasons why he doesn't make subs... We don't have any of any worth, especially anyone who can come on and change a game. Not Dyche's fault imo.
I'll reserve judgement if and when we actually buy players who can influence a game.

The post match leicester press conference last week was very interesting. He seemed to be a bit pissed off at having to answer the Michael Keane and lack of substitutions questions. So much so that i thought he would dig his heels in with Keane for Brighton.
I do hope he took Keane out purely because of what went on on the pitch and no other reason.

You spent the first half of the post saying exactly the reasons why he doesn't make subs... We don't have any of any worth, especially anyone who can come on and change a game. Not Dyche's fault imo.
I'll reserve judgement if and when we actually buy players who can influence a game.

Gray at leicester was worth a go with so much space to attack.
The rest, i agree. The bench options are terrible.

The post match leicester press conference last week was very interesting. He seemed to be a bit pissed off at having to answer the Michael Keane and lack of substitutions questions. So much so that i thought he would dig his heels in with Keane for Brighton.
I do hope he took Keane out purely because of what went on on the pitch and no other reason.
well you saw his quote about 'protecting' the players of Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.