2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
And such short term focus on the manager is part of the problem. For years it's given the board an easy scapegoat.

Example;

Everton Board thread. October 23, 2021
Replies. 15k.

Sean Dyche thread. January 23, 2023
Replies. 13k.

The reality, at least as I see it is he took over a team in 19th place and all considered I didn't expect him to keep us up. Majority of fans had wrote us off because, well, we're crap.

Also, if not Dyche for next season who has 2 promotions at first time of asking to his name - add weight to that by naming others you'd go for.

I'd keep him, not because I like it, but.... pragmatism.

We dont need another manager who thinks they can get something out of the likes of Ben Godfrey.
That’s pretty galling when you were so vociferous in your pursuit of getting Lampard sacked, when plenty of us were saying that the real problems were much deeper.

It’s alright saying Lampard was crap, he probably was. But dyche will end up with a worse record than him by the end of the season. So why does dyche get a pass? Because he got out of the championship 5 years ago when manager like him were able to do that (they don’t these days).

Not blaming Dyche for our probable relegation, our board are to blame for that. However, if we do get relegated, I don't want to trust Dyche with the rebuild. This isn't to say he couldn't do well in the championship, more the club needs a complete reset. Build the club up with a style and a vision of what we want to be, how we want to play. For me, Dyche's style is far from what I want our club to play long-term.

Once again not blaming Dyche for anything that’s going on atGP b if we stay up and that’s a big if, does he keep his job?

He kept Burnley up but they eventually went down so do we know what kind of contract he has and if we move him on who is next As Ijust don’t see hi. As our long term solution.

It's not like the job was impossible when he came, there was half a season still to play and we've not improved one iota apart from the workrate being upped. he will be the cause of his own downfall with team selections and tactics. He had plenty of time to have turned it around.

It's not all on him and even Lampard as the squad has dropped in quality by quite a margin. If you struggle to score goals then you need to be solid and we aren't so we may as well have a go.

It's not like the job was impossible when he came, there was half a season still to play and we've not improved one iota apart from the workrate being upped. he will be the cause of his own downfall with team selections and tactics. He had plenty of time to have turned it around.

It's not all on him and even Lampard as the squad has dropped in quality by quite a margin. If you struggle to score goals then you need to be solid and we aren't so we may as well have a go.
Our defence has deteriorated under his watch and that is directly due to his decisions and selections.
Failing to act when Godfrey was being targeted the other night was amateurish.

Drop Gana for a start, he's a calamity waiting to happen every game. Shared that in a few threads so I shall refrain again but 3 players in the top 20, seems like every season we have this.

Tbf Conor Coady has 1 mistake according to that and is joint 11th ..
id have him leaving the crossed ball at Anfield and getting sent for his dinner by Buendia as he stood flat footed and square on to an oncoming attacker just a few yards from his goal.

Everyone knows this squad is pathetically lacking especially in the forward areas, but we had to expect Dyche to at least make us more organised, harder to beat and score against… we absolutely are not.

Everyone knows this squad is pathetically lacking especially in the forward areas, but we had to expect Dyche to make us at least more organised, harder to beat and score against… we absolutely are not.
For that to be true, you have to accept the premise that it is possible to do so. And I've seen enough evidence to suggest that it is not true.

For that to be true, you have to accept the premise that it is possible to do so. And I've seen enough evidence to suggest that it is not true.

I’m a bigger critic of this squad than anyone, but we have the England keeper, some ok centre halfs if you consider Tarkowski, Coady, Mina, a group of centre midfielders who can at least run and press… not sure we should be conceding as many goals as we are, if the manager does a good job.

He has completely misjudged the situation that he was coming into , His earlier comments that this was a better set of players than the ones he stayed up with before was way of the mark and I doubt he still believes that.
They may or may not be a more talented group of players but one thing he did not realise is the complete lack of heart or bottle this bunch has , there is no leadership and there heads go down as soon as it gets tough.
I spoke to someone a couple of weeks ago with connections to the medical staff and he was told that some of the players dont give a toss if we go down or not.
Just hearsay maybe but worrying all the same
His quote about these Everton players being more talented than the ones he stayed up with; it's part of a manager's remit to instill confidence in his players. His quote was more likely to work than him saying ' these Everton players are the worst I've ever worked with'. He immediately loses the dressing room at that point. I personally put little stock in most of what a manager says publicly. Their public pronouncements are mostly PR. What is said and done on the training park is far, far more important.

That’s pretty galling when you were so vociferous in your pursuit of getting Lampard sacked, when plenty of us were saying that the real problems were much deeper.

It’s alright saying Lampard was crap, he probably was. But dyche will end up with a worse record than him by the end of the season. So why does dyche get a pass? Because he got out of the championship 5 years ago when manager like him were able to do that (they don’t these days).

Aye, I wanted Lampard sacked from Bournemouth/before world cup break. I think that opinion is still the correct one.

Dyche has 13 points from 13 games.

Lampard had 15 points from 20 games when he was sacked.

I don’t see you being correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.