2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely agree about the issues up top but then neither of those players are suited to playing up front. It absolutely removes what Onana is good at - he isn't Fellaini - and Doucoure needs space to run into.

But ultimately it's up to the manager to make tweaks and if he needs a physical presence up top then the only one we have is Simms. He's not good enough, we know that, but then maybe he should be a little less kind on the board and useless DoF in his press conferences.

Dyche has made mistakes IMO. The Keane one is a huge red flag to me. Lampard did also waste fixtures against Wolves and S'ton. Draws, even,out of those games and we're in a much better position right now.

It's not really ridiculous to compare however. The squad is lacking one key player from last year - Richarlison. You could argue it's stronger, numbers wise, in defence and midfield, but Richarlison's impact can't be overlooked. Throw in Gordon but all that was was hard work, there was little quality there, and I'd say right now we're getting as much out of McNeil as we did Gordon last year - hard workers with little quality end product.

The opposition I'd argue is generally worse as in there's more teams that are all poor. However, there's not two standout poor teams like Norwich and Watford. But Leeds lost their two best players, S'ton are still reliant on JWP, West Ham can't get a run together and Leicester are all over the place.

Both managers joined at the same stage of the season, both will have had 18 games and if Dyche doesn't keep us up then he's failed. If he does then well done, but his agent has of course ensured his nice fat bonus for simply doing his job.

FWIW I like Dyche, and right now he's the right pick. Had he been in a few games earlier stuff might look a lot better. But we're 6 games in and we're still shipping dreadful goals - it's actually getting worse, too. We've conceded sloppier goals and chances in the last two games than we had in the previous four. That needs to improve.
They definately aren't suited to it and it takes away from work in other areas that they are suited to, but I understand why its being done right now.

Agree on Keane, Coady is terrible also but if Mina is fit you have to start him. I think he only started one game in the survival run last season but he was a real leader in that game against Chelsea and dominated their forwards. It worries me that dYche just wants bread and butter british CBs.

The comparison isn't at all suitable for me. He started on less points, Leeds actually have more players available despite sales due to last season having an injury crisis, they also have a better manager now. There are no whipping boys, the bottom 2 finished on 21 and 22 points, that isn't going to happen this season and it its without question a more competitive bottom half. Losing Gordon and not replacing him is more significant that Evertonians will admit and not having Richarlison available is gigantic, the single biggest factor and massive difference maker between the two situation. You are talking about a 60 million Brazilian international compared to no one, no one at all. You can argue Dyche has failed if we go down as he was brought in to keep us up, but comparing it to last season is a complete fantasy

I feel that he isn't playing his strongest side, if Mina is fit, he should start, by allowing Keane game time over him, isn't picking his best XI for me.
It might add a couple of million to Keane's value before he leaves in the summer.. ( Bill rubs hands together )

Football 365 don't like him...

That is rubbish the bit about Everton's second goal long ball stuff right so it is fine when other teams do it but when a Dyche team does it it is prehistoric oh and he is British Brexit manager so ex players nod with approval good god this is the kind of [Poor language removed] that gets wrote in the guardian they will be calling him far right next

don’t agree we was sitting deeper and deeper he needed something else he didn’t do it and we drew bad bad game management with his subs and i thought frank had left
Tactically maybe.

Physically it needed changing as that goal was coming, everybody could see it. Im the first to criticise Doucoure as a footballer becuase I dont think he's very good with the ball. However once i'd calmed down from yesterday, he was absolutely goosed. It needed changing.

They brought on 3 fresh legs and we didn't change a thing.
Poor management from me. Doesn't excuse the poor mistake from Doucoure. We'd been lumping it in behind loads blindly, all he needed to do then. I can see how someone is knackered can make that mistake though.

The management team have all the fitness data and know how much every player has got in their tank, they also know of their stamina and recovery powers after sprints etc. Who on the bench (except Maupey) would you have brought on and for who? bearing in mind there is a considerable drop in quality with the subs giving them 20+ minutes would of been a very risky call. I’m genuinely intrigued what you would of done?

Not so sure about that.

When he started, he dropped Gray, but since then Gray has played his way back in and I'm sure the manager is delighted.

Likewise in defence, Coady has lost form and the manager has tried to change things.

Sadly his options in midfield are limited as asides from those currently starting, Garner is the only other option If use and he's not been available.

Let's not even talk about the strikers as there is very little else Dyche can do about that situation for now.
Switching Keane and Coady isn't a tactical tweak. Gray playing up top instead of Maupay gave us a slightly different style but the way of playing didn't really change. He pulled wide a couple of times but it wasn't a feature or something we were trying to do. He was mostly just a faster Maupay. And it didn't really work the same as Maupay hasn't.

We're playing the same way every game and it isn't working every game. Try something else.

That is rubbish the bit about Everton's second goal long ball stuff right so it is fine when other teams do it but when a Dyche team does it it is prehistoric oh and he is British Brexit manager so ex players nod with approval good god this is the kind of [Poor language removed] that gets wrote in the guardian they will be calling him far right next
I thought it was harsh too

It looks to me like the management decided to more or less stick with the team that was playing under FL(Doucoure being the obvious exception) to cause minimum disruption.

We have now seen Keane replace Cody, Godfrey replace Mykolenko and Gray replace Maupay. Gradual changes and I think there may be more to come when/if DCL gets fit. I think Iwobi may be under pressure to keep his position and Garner may possibly push for a midfield slot.

The management team have all the fitness data and know how much every player has got in their tank, they also know of their stamina and recovery powers after sprints etc. Who on the bench (except Maupey) would you have brought on and for who? bearing in mind there is a considerable drop in quality with the subs giving them 20+ minutes would of been a very risky call. I’m genuinely intrigued what you would of done?

i would of garner on and flooded the midfield

I don't read articles anymore since it's just filled with nonsense buzzwords trying to push imaginary agendas by putting everyone into a category. Journalistic integrity has been long gone from every aspect of life for a long time.

Table since Dyche arrived

DychTable.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.