2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have said literally the exact opposite to be honest. I thought it had been quite a refreshing change to just see him do a little clap to the crowd, go back down the tunnel and then give interviews saying it’s just one game we go back to work on Monday, rather than getting front and centre and making himself the story.
Can just imagine him doing a Klopp/Marsch touchline charge, Only difference looking at Dyche he would get taken out by security after about 10yrds...

Tell me more, are we talking the door just ajar so people could walk in without realising he’s in there, or wide open so you can see him front and centre with his kecks round his ankles from a distance? And is this just at home or in the office too?
Oh fully open, just incase the paper boys running late.

There are a huge amount of things that happen in a game that takes no talent whatsoever.

If we can focus on being better than the opponent at all of the things that take no talent then just wait for our moment to come, you have a decent chance in every game.

There’s ability in the squad that can come through and will do once we get the edge on all the other small things.

I agree to a point but Moyes was able to do it in the past, bringing in Jagielka Baines Coleman Pienaar Arteta Cahill Lescott Yakubu Distin. Some of them moved on after giving us their best years but a lot of them stayed with us and it was around this core that we moved from a bottom half team battling relegation to one that was qualifying for Europe. It’s far easier to then make the jump to being successful from that position than it is throwing quality players who might not want to be in a relegation battle straight in.

We’ve gone down this road with Allan Doucoure Gomes Digne Bernard etc. good players on paper but when it came down to it they didn’t have the consistency of performance to stop us getting into numerous bottom half scraps (there were other reasons of course)

I’m just saying they’re not mutually exclusive. We don’t have to bring in players who are looking for the exit door the day they arrive just to get better. We can find good players who will move us up the table and buy into a collective desire to improve here.

More Leighton Baines, less Moise Kean.

Only Cahill came in when we were relegation threatened. In fact the season he came in was the year Rooney left and we were favourites to go down.

The rest all joined when our prospects were far less bleak (arteta was a loan later that season that became permanent so even he doesn't really count).

Some were certainly good enough to jump ship when we didn't make champions league time and time again, but we really weren't far off achieving that milestone season after season.

My point being that crop of players joined Everton at a time when we were a far more appealing prospect and even some of them decided to move onto teams that were champions league regulars. It's just the nature of football and it's only got worse in the 15 years since that era.

I agree to a point but Moyes was able to do it in the past, bringing in Jagielka Baines Coleman Pienaar Arteta Cahill Lescott Yakubu Distin. Some of them moved on after giving us their best years but a lot of them stayed with us and it was around this core that we moved from a bottom half team battling relegation to one that was qualifying for Europe. It’s far easier to then make the jump to being successful from that position than it is throwing quality players who might not want to be in a relegation battle straight in.

We’ve gone down this road with Allan Doucoure Gomes Digne Bernard etc. good players on paper but when it came down to it they didn’t have the consistency of performance to stop us getting into numerous bottom half scraps (there were other reasons of course)

I’m just saying they’re not mutually exclusive. We don’t have to bring in players who are looking for the exit door the day they arrive just to get better. We can find good players who will move us up the table and buy into a collective desire to improve here.

More Leighton Baines, less Moise Kean.

What are you talking about? Jagielka, Baines, Coleman, Pienaar, Yakubu and Distin all joined in seasons when we were actually already in Europe. Arteta joined mid way through a season that we finished 4th.

Hate his style of football but think I quite like him as a person based on the interviews ive watched since he joined.

I wonder if he gets us into safe position by the end of the season whether he's capable of actually taking the club to the next level of playing half-decent football (to watch) and getting results.

Hate his style of football but think I quite like him as a person based on the interviews ive watched since he joined.

I wonder if he gets us into safe position by the end of the season whether he's capable of actually taking the club to the next level of playing half-decent football (to watch) and getting results.
Seems like that is going to be a stick to beat him with - but sometimes I don't understand the expectations here - when was the last time Everton played this good football ?

Lampard, Benitez were both poor to watch - even Ancelottis approach wasn't the best to watch at times. I can barely remember Silva and Koemans 'style'.

Martinez was entertaining at times and late-Moyes was decent enough if a little safe.

Seems like that is going to be a stick to beat him with - but sometimes I don't understand the expectations here - when was the last time Everton played this good football ?

Lampard, Benitez were both poor to watch - even Ancelottis approach wasn't the best to watch at times. I can barely remember Silva and Koemans 'style'.

Martinez was entertaining at times and late-Moyes was decent enough if a little safe.

Silva, Koeman and Martinez played more attractive football than Ancelotti, Lampard, Benitez, Dyche etc

Im not saying it was wonderful glorious flowing football, but relatively speaking it was certainly easier on the eye than our last 4 managers.

As we slide down the table we've gone down the clogger route more and more, which to be fair is expected.

I'm gonna say it, I don't think we've been THAT bad to watch in the two home games, certainly not fat Sam levels.

We just don't have any quality in the forward positions to play any other way at the minute.

I'd like to see how he plays with a few better attackers in the team because according to Burnley fans they played nice football in the championship when they didn't have to just grind out wins

I hated the idea of Allardyce but was interested to see what he did when he had us safe with 8 games to go. Would he show us the expansive, flowing football he claimed he would be capable of with money and low pressure ? No he didn’t. Carried on with aiming for 0-0 but hoping to get lucky.

I’m hoping Dyche will change tactics with better players.

Status
Not open for further replies.