2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have scored two goals. A corner and a worldlie. That isn’t a sustainable way of scoring goals over the course of a season.
That’s not to do with the kind of football we are playing though. That’s purely down to finishing and needing to be more clinical (which often comes with confidence) as we have created more than a corner and a worldie.

So why is the kind of football we are playing not sustainable? Bearing in mind we had 21 shots can Leeds and 16 vs arsenal.

If this is dycheball then I’m in… feels like we had more shots in those 2 home games that all the others combined (excluding palace when they played without a midfield)
Yeah, I couldn’t care less how he lines us up as long as the shots on goal are increasing. The more shots, the more chance of a goal, wherever it comes from. As West Ham are finding out, you can’t win if you set out to defend and nothing else.

If this is dycheball then I’m in… feels like we had more shots in those 2 home games that all the others combined (excluding palace when they played without a midfield)
I need to correct that. I read shots on target and then shots and put them together (thinking it said shots off target). It was 12 shots vs arsenal and 15 vs Leeds. (Still good amounts though).

We had 9 in that palace game.

Yeah, I couldn’t care less how he lines us up as long as the shots on goal are increasing. The more shots, the more chance of a goal, wherever it comes from. As West Ham are finding out, you can’t win if you set out to defend and nothing else.
Agreed there with you and @Marius57 tbh

The thing is that the people taking the shots are still utterly shocking. That Doucoure free head will absolutely haunt me.

We have also missed a few sitters and had some cleared off the line. That clearly isnt sustainable over the course of a season and some will go in.
Yeah we have had good chances. I can’t blast Dyche yet. We have to see how we fare after 10 or so games then we can get a clearer picture. Unfair to just take “only two goals” at face value when they are two wins and two clean sheets.

Hate his style of football but think I quite like him as a person based on the interviews ive watched since he joined.

I wonder if he gets us into safe position by the end of the season whether he's capable of actually taking the club to the next level of playing half-decent football (to watch) and getting results.
In the Championship his Burnley teams played good attacking football with loads of width. I’d hope he could replicate that in the PL with a half decent budget

We have scored two goals. A corner and a worldlie. That isn’t a sustainable way of scoring goals over the course of a season.
We cant focus on the things that worked and say its not sustainable and look at things that havent worked and say that they will be sustained. We are finally havent shots at goal in games. One week it will be a worldie another week a corner and another week it will be a simple connect from 10 yards and so on. As Dyche said in his interview he wants the players not to scared of missing so he is encouraging them to shoot. the more they shoot, the more relaxed they become about it and then the better they connect. We are not a big scoring team but we do have goals in the team, enough to keep us up anyway

We're creating lots from set pieces under Dyche. I don't know why that wouldn't fall under a sustainable way of scoring goals?

Might be the quickest way to close down the gap on better teams than us - suring up defensively from set pieces and becoming an attacking threat from them that teams hate to defend against. They're an absolutely massive part of the game and we can really make steps forward in this league if we get them nailed.

Yeah we have had good chances. I can’t blast Dyche yet. We have to see how we fare after 10 or so games then we can get a clearer picture. Unfair to just take “only two goals” at face value when they are two wins and two clean sheets.
Sounds like you are anticipating the chance to "blast Dyche". Why? I am impressed with him in our dire situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.