2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Board giving him the worst possible start then. Every club around us has a new signing bounce, something optimistic for the fans to cling to. We’ve got weaker.

And Rodriguez left in 2012, which is when Dyche took over. He didn't return until 2019
haha yes!

I remember at the time McNeil came through - because I happen to know / worked with a fair few Burnley fans - that he was basically the first one they'd had come through their academy in ages.

Dyche didn't really blood young players at all. Not that he's against it I'd say, he definitely included them, but he's all about organisation and discipline etc.

Despite all the doom and gloom, which is fully warranted. I do think potentially there is enough raw material in the squad to stay up if, and its a big if, Dyche can get the best out of them.

I would think considering the lack of centre forward options, we might be seeing a lot of 4-4-1-1 this season

Despite all the doom and gloom, which is fully warranted. I do think potentially there is enough raw material in the squad to stay up if, and its a big if, Dyche can get the best out of them.

I would think considering the lack of centre forward options, we might be seeing a lot of 4-4-1-1 this season
We're basically relying on Gray and McNeil to play every game and Calvert-Lewin to stay fit while being run into the ground in training.

And I don't think Gray or McNeil have the quality to provide the chances Dom needs.

Won't have a choice.

Brought in McNeil and Lowton from other youth academies at young ages. Jay Rodriguez was their youth academy.
The problem is, managers do have a choice, even at bare bones - and that's to stick square pegs in round holes.

Iwobi at right back, Mason Holgate central midfield... there are always enough fit senior pros to make a dog's dinner 11.

The man will need to be a miracle worker to save us. Whilst I feel for him he will have known what the situation is, I'm they will have made it clear that it was unlikely we'd do any business this month and he still signed on. Listening to his interview he talks about working with the current squad, getting more out of them. It certainly feels like his remit was work with what you've got... if we can get you a player we will but don't hold your breath.
And Dyche took the job well aware he was second choice to Bielsa too - now maybe he's supremely confident in his managerial skills, maybe he's just looking at the massive payoff when he's eventually sacked, who knows.

I don't think Lampard was getting every ounce out of these players, I do believe Dyche will - I just don't know if that will be enough.

Both him and Bielsa knew the score last week. This might be the first ever time we have been honest to a manager we are about to appoint. His first interview said it all when he said the quality was already there, he knew there wasn't anyone coming in but won't care because this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for him. If we were actually well ran he would've been no where near the job and he knows it

Status
Not open for further replies.