2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually feel really sorry for the guy. He has been at the club for 2 days and has been completely thrown under the bus by those running the club. Even at their most skint Burnley supported him more than this. I’d be 100% behind them if he put them right in the brown stuff and offered his resignation.

What an absolute mess. I was not overly thrilled by Mr Dyche being picked as our manager, but my god, given the position that we are in, the obvious gaps in the squad that have not been addressed and the farce that was this window every fan needs to get behind Dyche and the lads that remain at turn Goodison into a fortress. If we are stand together there is enough time to get out of this mess , that has to be the priority. Focus on survival, then the clowns on the board.

Does anyone know how keen Dyche is on blooding youth?

I ask because clearly it’s our only route to freshening the side now.

My assumption - though I confess it’s a lazy one because I’ve never paid much attention to his career - is that he’s more of a fan of experience.

I was not a fan of appointing Dyche, to be fair though it was the best we could get given the mess we are in.
So from today especially after him not getting backed in the transfer window, he will get my full backing. If he can keep this shower up he needs to be one of our legends.
Last Jan we signed DVB and Deli. I remember the Leeds game where DVB won us the game. Ali as we know helped win the game against Palace. So thats 6 points gained. God knows where our next points come from!

Welcome to Dora. The club needed a striker and they have surely delivered
article-0-1D9AFD3500000578-796_634x511.jpg

Everyone get behind him now. Us and him versus the clowns in the boardroom.

(This may change after 0 shots on goal after 3 games) ?
I mean honestly it won't/shouldn't - we knew what we were getting with him, and even then he got massively shafted by the board as well.

We will at least see effort, which is more than previously, and has won games as well like

I was listening to Training Ground Guru podcast with him and it looks like there are lot of similarities between the Burnley's situation and ours when he took over.

When I first went in at Burnley I thought it was misaligned. The feeling of the fans was, ‘We should be back in the Premier League,’ but the feeling in the Boardroom was, ‘We should be cutting everything.’

Different Boards will have different views; different fanbases will have different views. The Board wanted the club to be solvent, that was a big thing, because they’d had years of financial problems.

I always felt the fans deserved the truth, but you’ve still got to do it in a way that’s very positive. Internally I’m trying to manage the contracts and manage players out of the club, but externally show that we’re being positive, so it was quite a tough period.

I remember doing my first big press conference and I said, ‘I can’t guarantee amazing football, but I can guarantee you will have a group of people who will give everything and there will be sweat on the shirt.’

Burnley is a very working-class town. They’ve had so many harsh times. I thought, ‘What would you expect as a Burnley fan?’ I would expect someone who would wear that shirt and give everything to win a game. The minimum requirement is maximum effort.

The first seven or eight months we were getting booed off half the time and I was copping a lot of it. That summer (2013) we had to get some really big players out because of money and contracts. We got three players in on free transfers who turned out to be fantastic - Scott Arfield, Tom Heaton and Dave Jones - and we sold Charlie Austin two days before the start of the season.

I think that was when the fans went, ‘Hang on a minute, that’s harsh’ and they sort of went with us then. There’s a real honesty to the fanbase there. If you turn it around and they accept you, then they will really accept you.

The rest of that season is history. We just started winning and never looked back. What a season that was to manage - players were coming in like kids in a sweetshop every day, just buzzing, ready and raring to go.

When all is said and done. If he is a good manager, he will be able to get better performance out of these players. A bit of organisation can go a long way.

I genuinely do think we are better than our league position, it was clear Lampard's tactics just weren't working and he'd gotten to the point of arguing with players.

Some who were great players get frustrated in management because the players they have aren't as good as they were themselves. He'd been used to winning all his career, it was probably a culture shock.

I think a bit of defensive solidity and an actual tactical plan will help massively. Fingers crossed he is a good manager, or at least better than a lot are expecting. I think he will personally.

COYB

When all is said and done. If he is a good manager, he will be able to get better performance out of these players. A bit of organisation can go a long way.

I genuinely do think we are better than our league position, it was clear Lampard's tactics just weren't working and he'd gotten to the point of arguing with players.

Some who were great players get frustrated in management because the players they have aren't as good as they were themselves. He'd been used to winning all his career, it was probably a culture shock.

I think a bit of defensive solidity and an actual tactical plan will help massively. Fingers crossed he is a good manager, or at least better than a lot are expecting. I think he will personally.

COYB
Yeah am hoping his organisation will sort the group out am slightly more concerned with our and his inability to score...only time will tell.

My assumption - though I confess it’s a lazy one because I’ve never paid much attention to his career - is that he’s more of a fan of experience.
We made vast strides at Burnley with the Academy from when we were first there to what it is - or what it was a year ago. It’s been different now with a change of ownership, different views.

I was a big believer in the youth system and trying to get it to work better. At Watford it was a massive thing. When I was manager there I think something like 48% of the first-team players had come through the youth system. I wanted Burnley to go Cat 1, I recommended it.

Getting it to the place where they (Academy players) can get into the Premier League, that’s key and it’s very difficult.

The thing with Academies is sometimes people think you can get a product in at the beginning who’s average and make them world class. You can’t, because development doesn’t work like that.

Not 100% sure but apart from McNeil I can't remember any youth he brought through at Burnley. Could imagine he might have to here though. We might see Simms a fair bit. Mills too maybe. Not really sure

Status
Not open for further replies.