2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no appointment we could make that makes us very likely to avoid relegation

We’re 3 points off 14th lad, stop making out as if we’re 10 points adrift and have League One level players.

Whether its to be Dyche or Beilsa, either way, we’ve got a manager who actually knows how to setup a team, without having the best players that’ll instantly improve us.

I'm OK with this Bielsa got sacked for the amount of goals they conceded.
Let's be honest, we've bounced around with so many managers post Moyes, who can honestly say what this club needs. One thing is for sure though, we need a defence that works this minute , if we go down a realistic possibility, then this fella has been there. so imo right choice.

He may have gone away from Burnley and reflected and improved himself.

I get the defensive structure and stability, sound. The main concern is at the other end, to be fair our forwards are the most creative or clever; so is it hoof ball and pick up the second ball and build from there?

It’ll be a death sentence if he sets up ultra defensive and look to snatch a goal at home. The crowd will eat him, confidence in the team will go.

Finally, how does kopite Kev fit into all this. He’s trying to implement a coaching philosophy, I’m sure their views are not alligned

Basically, he wasn't the choice.

I’ve thought it for a while.

He was a certainty to say yes, why not entertain him all the way, incase we can’t get out targets, if they don’t come through, and we’ve interviewed him, it’s not wasting any time.

Dare I say, it’s actually thought through by the board.

We’re 3 points off 14th lad, stop making out as if we’re 10 points adrift and have League One level players.

Whether its to be Dyche or Beilsa, either way, we’ve got a manager who actually knows how to setup a team, without having the best players that’ll instantly improve us.
Exactly.

The catastrophising of a lot on here makes me puke.

I dont see it that way. He's the one likely to get in here and not disturb the culture in a revolutionary way - as Bielsa would have, making it too much of a culture shock - and he knows how to manage poor teams and squeeze points out of the opposition.

This was all about Dyche v Bielsa. Dyche v Frank or Dyche v Kompany and I wouldn't have gone for Dyche.
But Dave, both you and I know, and we’ve said since the summer: the issue is goals. We need to be able to create regular chances, not one, two or three a game in the hope of snatching a goal.

It’s something I’ve never seen from his teams. That’s my major concern, especially with 4 days left of the window

Mate, I’ve said this a thousand times. We don’t create or score; setting up a team as a unit is great until you can’t score. Which was something he could never get right

He may have gone away from Burnley and reflected and improved himself.

I get the defensive structure and stability, sound. The main concern is at the other end, to be fair our forwards are the most creative or clever; so is it hoof ball and pick up the second ball and build from there?

It’ll be a death sentence if he sets up ultra defensive and look to snatch a goal at home. The crowd will eat him, confidence in the team will go.

Finally, how does kopite Kev fit into all this. He’s trying to implement a coaching philosophy, I’m sure their views are not alligned
Kopite Kev will be gone within the year and the reins will be handed to Dyche. They will be too at odds over style and targets.

But Dave, both you and I know, and we’ve said since the summer: the issue is goals. We need to be able to create regular chances, not one, two or three a game in the hope of snatching a goal.

It’s something I’ve never seen from his teams. That’s my major concern, especially with 4 days left of the window
Conceding goals is the major issue of late.

Bielsa was honest enough to say he cant do this job of keeping us up in the time he needed to unpack his ideas.

Dyche is the realistic option...and we need to get weaving on players in.

The worst thing about this appointment over Bielsa is that most of our squad will be delighted they don't have to work as hard as Leeds players did getting paid less than half as much.
Uninspiring, depressing af appointment.
'But he'll keep us up' based on no evidence other than hard earned backs to the wall draws from harder hungrier players. Half our squad probably think they're above him.
Life's too short. I'd rather we went down swinging and playing Bielsaball in the Championship(presuming he couldn't get a tune out of them sooner) and fighting for a promotion than playing Dycheball in the Prem, scraping draws and holding on by our fingernails, bored.
I'm bored already.
Correct, draws is what cost Burnley their PL status.

Status
Not open for further replies.