2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think our players have been giving 100% though. They're just crap.

I'm not actually bothered whether it was Dyche or Bielsa, but people need to accept that this time it's not the players just not trying. They are simply rubbish.

Dyche will get them organsied and hopefully that will tighten us up at the back. It's still be all about sitting deep, last-ditch defending, because those are the type of defenders we have, they can't get on the front foot because they have no pace.

He then needs to find a way for us to spark and get goals in attack, where new players are needed.

I think we seem to have had a few bust ups in the changing room, seems like to me thats been killing us on the pitch a bit. No connectiion and no fight for each other.

Players training away etc.

Thats the type of stuff we need ridding of, proper gut out the issues.

giphy.gif

The worst thing about this appointment over Bielsa is that most of our squad will be delighted they don't have to work as hard as Leeds players did getting paid less than half as much.
Uninspiring, depressing af appointment.
'But he'll keep us up' based on no evidence other than hard earned backs to the wall draws from harder hungrier players. Half our squad probably think they're above him.
Life's too short. I'd rather we went down swinging and playing Bielsaball in the Championship(presuming he couldn't get a tune out of them sooner) and fighting for a promotion than playing Dycheball in the Prem, scraping draws and holding on by our fingernails, bored.
I'm bored already.
Totally this.

I don't think we're winning three more matches this season.

Prediction: We get relegated (because we won't do enough good business in the market for Dyche by next week), Dyche gets sacked, and Bielsa comes in in the summer. More money haemorrhaging out of the club...

No

It’s Sunday league basics, 442, stop the passing lane to prevent the opposition quickly passing around you. Shift all to one side to where the attack is but be wary of a long switch to the other side. If so, retrace quicky

Get a lot of people in the box to block shots

And that’s it summed up
Yet people are sharing it on posts as if they have won some kind of argument.

It is so basic. It is exactly what I would expect a semi-proficient Sunday League coach to do.

I find it genuinely embarrassing to watch this. It is tactics that were popular about 40 years ago!! Before analysis, data and modern coaching had developed. It is genuinely pathetic.

I can imagine Bill and Farhad being 'blown away', when he got his little white and orange counters out.

People mock Americans etc for not understanding the sport, but I would have more confidence in someone entirely new to football but an understanding of professional sport making competent footballing decisions than our absolute clowns.

Last edited:

I see it this way.

He needs players. Bielsa would have done too but Dyche is arguably easier to recruit for in the short time we have. Hopefully they sell Gordon and money is available.

He's got 18 games. This time last year, Lampard came in on January 31st with 18 games left, but we had 19 points. We've got 15 as it stands. However, Dyche has got slightly longer in the market than Lampard did and hopefully some money to play with.

Dyche is, we are told by many people, our fans included, a much better manager than Lampard. His track record up until last season would back that up.

So, he needs to better Lampard's efforts from last year, which was six wins and two draws - 20 points.

Everton need at least seven wins, and probably 3-4 draws. It's a tough ask but given Lampard got 20 points then in theory Dyche should be able to grind out 24.
Maybe.
Does it even matter? Is premier league survival worth it if the football is total gash?
I dunno. Ignore me
I woke up excited at the thought of Bielsa ball and now I'm having an existential crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.