2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have to trust that Dyche is still learning about the squad. He will have learnt the following today:

1: Keane is better than Coady and actually looked solid with Tarkowski.
2: Gueye isn't yet finished at this level
3: Godfrey isn't a left back
4: Gray can play the lone role as is the best solution without Calvert-Lewin.
5: One of Doucoure or Onana has to play a CF/ number 10 role or at least play closer to the striker.
6: There is no point in playing 3 CMs if they cannot help out the full backs as all of our goals conceded seem to come from wide positions. Would be better if there was a spare CB to help the full back.

I personally would like to see us try 3-5-2 when Patterson is fit. Mina in at CB with Keane and Tarkowski, McNeil at LWB, Patterson at RWB, Iwobi in the centre with Gueye and Doucoure and then Gray and Onana up front until Dominic Calvert-Lewin is fit.
4 is debatable. His chance today was some Maupay level stuff. I’d prefer Maupay over gray as he plays the press well.

You mean the mess the board caused by not signing anyone in January or not signing additional forwards last summer?

Signing a CF wouldn't stop you conceding 7 goals in the space of a week to the Mighty Bournemouth or lose to both Wolves and Saints at home despite leading in both games.

The divvy completely shattered the sides confidence. 😞

Great line when asked about what the players should take from todays game:

“The commitment to keep a clean sheet…..we didn’t, but the commitment was there.”

Phew. I was getting worried.

I feel like what we saw (and have seen in flashes in previous weeks) was essentially the best that Dyche and a lot of these players are capable of producing. They fought for every ball and made the game chaotic.

However, it needs to translate into a couple of wins while everybody is still buying in.

I feel like what we saw (and have seen in flashes in previous weeks) was essentially the best that Dyche and a lot of these players are capable of producing. They fought for every ball and made the game chaotic.

However, it needs to translate into a couple of wins while everybody is still buying in.
He's doing his best - and it is an obvious improvement on the PR man who preceded him - but he has no margin for error at all. The board left him with no wriggle room.

Hes doing about as well as can be expected with 7 from 6. I am shocked at how badly we are defending though. There's been no change to the basic errors we see on a regular basis.

A draw at Forest in itself will not be the reason we go down but we are in no position to be throwing points away through really poor game management. His lack of subs was totally bizarre today. Total lack of responsibility from the manager to make a positive change.

This. Lampard tried to do the same but the enthusiasm within the squad fizzle out after an extended bad run. Players start to lose faith and effort along the way.

Dyche must start winning to keep this hardworking momentum going.

Signing a CF wouldn't stop you conceding 7 goals in the space of a week to the Mighty Bournemouth or lose to both Wolves and Saints at home despite leading in both games.

The divvy completely shattered the sides confidence. 😞
A centre forward or two signed in the summer the second Richarlison was sold and we don’t start the season on the back foot

thought we were poor today, especially in the situations where you would have thought Dyche would have come into his own - namely the ability to protect a narrow lead.

looked far too casual for most of the second half, and thats the manager as well as the players btw, as he could have made some proactive subs, but refused.

thought we were poor today, especially in the situations where you would have thought Dyche would have come into his own - namely the ability to protect a narrow lead.

looked far too casual for most of the second half, and thats the manager as well as the players btw, as he could have made some proactive subs, but refused.
Given you seem to be such a tactical genius Kev can you please explain what/who these proactive subs were and how they were going to change things as to me our bench has zero options on it. Id like to see James Garner at some point as I know how good he was at Forest last season but we shouldn't be rushing any player back from a back injury until they are properly fit.

This. Lampard tried to do the same but the enthusiasm within the squad fizzle out after an extended bad run. Players start to lose faith and effort along the way.

Dyche must start winning to keep this hardworking momentum going.

If i recall Lampard won one of the first seven league games getting only three points.

If Dyche can get three from the next he's on for ten from 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.