2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read that 2 players didn't even bother to answer the manager's questionnaire. Is that not pretty ridiculous, and a bit pathetic?
Only 2 out of the squad not responding is actually quite good when it was optional, that shows a squad that is by and large invested in making things better. I bet the exercise done a year ago would’ve had a far worse response with the likes of Tosun and Dele content just to fart about and get paid.

The two who didn’t respond may have had valid reasons or it might just be a fringe guy like Vinagre who has nothing much to say, but even if they just don’t give a monkeys that’s still a low enough number to show buy-in from the vast majority.

I think everyone should have replied to the questionnaire. I guess maybe the players that didn’t were ones that can’t speak English, like Mykolenko or Patterson.
Never the way it works...run regular similar surveys at work for employees....never get 100% response rates ....think theirs is pretty good. Although I'd say the 2 who didn't respond are likely less engaged anyway

Not only is the right to not answer important, it also tells him something of their personality, that they are perhaps willing to go along with the group or that they don't know the answers and would prefer to say nothing. Coupled with other interactions it helps him get to know the squad. Taking part, just for the sake of saying something rather than nothing is of less use to him than their silence
Could also be someone like Simms who hasn’t been here and only joined the squad a few weeks ago

Not only is the right to not answer important, it also tells him something of their personality, that they are perhaps willing to go along with the group or that they don't know the answers and would prefer to say nothing. Coupled with other interactions it helps him get to know the squad. Taking part, just for the sake of saying something rather than nothing is of less use to him than their silence
Could be many reasons...from don't care to laziness to not confident to express themselves in English especially from those that joined the club recently from abroad. I know that identifying the problem is key to identify the potential solutions, but i am not sure that this is the best approach.

I work in marketing research and the average response rate on surveys tend to be between 5-10%. So everyone responding but 2 is very very good.

Dyche is a careful talker. The fact that he even “let slip” 2 didn’t respond is relevant and deliberate.

The optional nature of it is necessary for it to work at all, so players voluntarily buy in to it.

But I am surprised anyone wouldn’t respond. If asked why do you think this group of players is underperforming, for a few million quid a year, I think you should probably have an opinion, and if so you should definitely air it for the benefit of all. This isn’t a staff survey at Next/Boots head office about equality and pathways to promotion.

Thought his comments about 'Kev' n the chairman constantly being on the phones late into the night ' I know cos I saw them ' was a bit bizarre, as he left FF on Tuesday evening before the window had shut ?
There’s got to be a point before it’s shut when it becomes unviable to put a deal together.
By 9.30pm if there no deal in progress there is likely no chance of making anything happen in a couple a of hours

Status
Not open for further replies.