2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard was all about the "process" and dyche all about "alignment"...catchy words that don't translate into results.
I didn’t want Dyche and I wasn’t wowed by his presser but hard to accuse him of not turning his words into results, when he hasn’t managed a game with us yet. Let’s save the verdict for a bit further down the line, shall we?

Thought his comments about 'Kev' n the chairman constantly being on the phones late into the night ' I know cos I saw them ' was a bit bizarre, as he left FF on Tuesday evening before the window had shut ?

How was Gordon trying his hardest at this time? Everton played 9 games since the start of November (7 league matches, one ELF cup, and one FA cup).

In that time, Gordon appeared only 6 times, missing three matches, and played mostly as a reserve. He started two games, was abysmal in both, and otherwise averaged 17 minutes per match in the remaining 4. He was arguably the worse Everton player on the pitch against Wolves in December, and was disastrous in the 4-1 loss to Bournemouth in the EFL cup.

Throughout that time, the team was reportedly working to sign him to a long term deal, and some of us started wondering about his drop off and absences.
His mind was made up long before the recent troubles, and he had long since given up. If he had tried his hardest, Lampard might still be around with an improved squad, given his knack for drawing players dazzled by the former star.

But I think we're better off in the long run without Gordon, who's refusal to travel, etc., was likely cancerous in the squad. And if he had remained after Lampard was sacked, he would have stayed on the bench under Dyche.
Typical actions of a club that wants to sell a player: sign them up to a long contract then preserve their fitness before sale.

I cant believe people still give the benefit of the doubt to this club's hierarchy over any player.

What's this about?
I read it in Dom King's article about Dyche. He gave out questions for players to answer anonymously but 2 players didn't respond.

His first official day was Monday and, after introducing himself to the squad, Dyche handed out a piece of paper to them all with three simple questions. All answers were kept anonymous and he received replies from all bar two players.

Steer us home Sean. The eternal self harming optimist in me thinks Dyche is perfect for us.
He wont give too much to what the gobshytes at the top are up to and will get on with it.
I would rather we go down working our socks off and playing with a will to win than whimper out the way we have been.
The more I think about it, the more I wonder how Lampard didn't manage to get a result at West Ham. Everyone went there, played defensively, countered them and won. For some reason we tried to play ball against them and they did that to us. Ridiculously short sighted from Lampard.

Status
Not open for further replies.