2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well mentality is very important. He wants to establish routine and if he repeats the retoric each week at the press conference it starts to sink in for everyone. I think its good, sets a good calmness / precedent and the squad know there wont be any suprises in the press conference (which are a waste of time anyway). What would you prefer? That he slates the players each week, says hes dropped Keane because hes crap, wont play Simms because hes a league 1 player and the board are crap.....how long would that keep him his job for?
Drilling is all for training hes not going to talk about that to the fecking media.....
As for appropriate changes, not his fault he has no squad depth and having to play multiple players out of position. I think it shows his flexibilty and that the players are engaged with him and wanting to help.
??? Am I missing something. All is said was he could change the record instead of keep banging in about mentality. Yes I agree it is important but where did I say I want him to slate his players? Re-read my post, I think you will find I didn’t. I am sure he is preaching to his players daily about mentality at FF not sure why he has to keep banging on about it in press conferences. Try not to read into things that aren’t there.

Inside info but Dyche is absolutely despised by the players. Serious fractions and spilts among players.
In saying that perhaps it's time to flog the trouble makers and stick by the manager....

If we stay up I'm all for letting him continue. He has undoubtedly made mistakes, the form of Yerry Mina for example indicates he should have been months ago.

This team needs to be demolished. Depends on where we end up at the end of the season. But back to front the whole squad needs an acid test for quality players who want to play for the club. All other passengers collecting a paycheck get binned off.

??? Am I missing something. All is said was he could change the record instead of keep banging in about mentality. Yes I agree it is important but where did I say I want him to slate his players? Re-read my post, I think you will find I didn’t. I am sure he is preaching to his players daily about mentality at FF not sure why he has to keep banging on about it in press conferences. Try not to read into things that aren’t there.
I didnt - hence the statement 'what would you prefer' i asked what did you want him to change the record to say. I suggested some potential alternatives....

I didnt - hence the statement 'what would you prefer' i asked what did you want him to change the record to say. I suggested some potential alternatives....
Ah right ok….well no. I just think going on about a subject which is a fundamental aspect of sports which we all now about….determination, perseverance, overcoming adversity, resilience, playing to the whistle (final in this case) is something we are all aware of and as you say is vitally important He just seems to go on about it every week

Ah right ok….well no. I just think going on about a subject which is a fundamental aspect of sports which we all now about….determination, perseverance, overcoming adversity, resilience, playing to the whistle (final in this case) is something we are all aware of and as you say is vitally important He just seems to go on about it every week
Well unfortunately these press conferences are a waste of time. Easier for him to talk about mentality than anything else i guess. Press conferemce is not about entertainment its about fulfilling a premier league requirement..better to be dull, not contervesial and not attract any attention from the oposition.

Well unfortunately these press conferences are a waste of time. Easier for him to talk about mentality than anything else i guess. Press conferemce is not about entertainment its about fulfilling a premier league requirement..better to be dull, not contervesial and not attract any attention from the oposition.
They are definitely dull…I think even managers treat them with distain

Cant be that uninspiring because they are putting a shift in fir him. ..Would you prefer more fancy words or said with an italian accent would that make it better?

An actual instruction of an idea of how the players get themselves back into the game, especially when four players are out of position, is what I'd be looking for in a scenario like yesterday. He was clearly throwing crap at the wall and seeing what stuck. Fortunately for us, something did stick, but I've made up my mind on him and long-term I don't think he's the guy.

Where you getting this info from?
I'm not going to give a name but it's 100% true the lad who told me has contacts in the club, he himself doesn't support Everton so no reason to lie.

Anyways as previous posters have mentioned this club could do with a clear out regardless of our status next season. Managers don't have to be liked

I'm not going to give a name but it's 100% true the lad who told me has contacts in the club, he himself doesn't support Everton so no reason to lie.

Anyways as previous posters have mentioned this club could do with a clear out regardless of our status next season. Managers don't have to be liked
Fair enough. I wonder who the players are that hate him and why

Inside info but Dyche is absolutely despised by the players. Serious fractions and spilts among players.
In saying that perhaps it's time to flog the trouble makers and stick by the manager....

If we stay up I'm all for letting him continue. He has undoubtedly made mistakes, the form of Yerry Mina for example indicates he should have been months ago.
Let's hope that's not the case. For sure lampard is probably better in that aspect being a good people manager, but he was hopeless as a coach and couldn't get this group of players to perform. Maybe that's exactly what the group needs, somebody that's going to push them rather than coasting and be nice to them

Not doubting what you were told, but I’m unconvinced by the story.
There aren’t enough leaders in our shower for factions to develop.
Not sure any of them have enough character to be trouble makers, if there were any pretty sure he’d have them far away from the squad.
The training videos suggest a pretty happy camp & Dyche comes across like a straight shooter, can’t really see him upsetting players without a pretty good / unarguable qualification why he’s dropped / not playing someone.

Dyche had a new manager bounce.

Lampard quickly saw through players like Keane and Maupay. Dyche seems to want to use them and doesnt have any idea how to be proactive.

A centre forward + Danjuma and Lampard would have done better than what weve witnessed under Dyche.
He’s had a pretty decent squad to choose from at Chelsea (twice) and under performed with what was at his disposal.
As for Maupey, he would have signed off on that deal (just like Alli) bit late to be seeing through him.

Status
Not open for further replies.