2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inside info but Dyche is absolutely despised by the players. Serious fractions and spilts among players.
In saying that perhaps it's time to flog the trouble makers and stick by the manager....

If we stay up I'm all for letting him continue. He has undoubtedly made mistakes, the form of Yerry Mina for example indicates he should have been months ago.
If that's true then I can understand it tbh, he really doesn't have much to offer the modern day young player in terms of guiding them through their career imo. Getting players to sign and want to play in his Dycheball type setup is not going to be easy, I can fully see us ending up with a Che Adams or similar. He simply has to get to grips with modern day football a bit more and be a bit more flexible in his tactical approach. However, many of our players have shown time and time again they are not up for the fight or just want to pick and choose their moments and Id be more than happy to transfer list every single last one of them tbh.

Inside info but Dyche is absolutely despised by the players. Serious fractions and spilts among players.
In saying that perhaps it's time to flog the trouble makers and stick by the manager....

If we stay up I'm all for letting him continue. He has undoubtedly made mistakes, the form of Yerry Mina for example indicates he should have been months ago.
Where you getting this info from?

Lampard said in one of his interviews that he told the team it wasn't about tactics. And he got a lot of criticism. So its not a good sign when Dyche is saying the same.

I genuinely see little difference since we changed manager. We are as bad as we were. We still concede far too many and dont carry enough threat. Most of that is because of the players, but a good managers comes in and shows improvement.
There are questionable decisions Dyche has made and I’m not convinced at all by him…
But, 18pts from 17 games v lampard’s 15pts from 20 games is an improvement to be fair.
for that reason I’d be tempted to give him next season regardless of what division we’re in.
After all he’s not got a magic wand.

There are questionable decisions Dyche has made and I’m not convinced at all by him…
But, 18pts from 17 games v lampard’s 15pts from 20 games is an improvement to be fair.
for that reason I’d be tempted to give him next season regardless of what division we’re in.
After all he’s not got a magic wand.

Dyche had a new manager bounce.

Lampard quickly saw through players like Keane and Maupay. Dyche seems to want to use them and doesnt have any idea how to be proactive.

A centre forward + Danjuma and Lampard would have done better than what weve witnessed under Dyche.

Comes across very well at times, probably an element of wanting to like him on my part as with all in blue. The worrying thing for me is the complete and utter panic he’s shown a couple of times now. When we lost Doucoure for 3 games he felt the need to tear up the playbook, including playing a ludicrous high line at old Trafford, yesterday was shambolic, he was like someone hiking in the wilderness, you could almost see the point where he realised he’d been reading his map upside down and scrambling/panicking again to change it. Terrifying

Good grief, how uninspiring must that be? Playing elite level football and the coach has nothing more to offer than 'put a shift in.'
Context is everything. I’m sure that isn’t the extent of his prematch meeting….
What I believe that is, is half time in penultimate game of the season where he’s had two enforced substitutions in first half and he’s on to plan c already and he’s appealing to his plans to fight for everything…
Not bothered about Dyche if I’m honest but feel he’s getting a bit of an overly hard time here.

Dyche had a new manager bounce.

Lampard quickly saw through players like Keane and Maupay. Dyche seems to want to use them and doesnt have any idea how to be proactive.

A centre forward + Danjuma and Lampard would have done better than what weve witnessed under Dyche.
I understand what you’re saying but dyche has t had a centre forward or Danjuma either.
Lampard had a pre season and Dyche had the ‘ bounce’.
I’m sure if you asked dyche he’d have rather had a pre season.
Look i don’t get some of his decisions and I wouldn’t be sticking with maupay as the first option off the bench but im in two minds also.
Feel like he’s still worth giving a chance. After all we’ve proven that keep going through managers doesn’t always work either.

I swear to god, if he mentions mentality one more time. I appreciate that it’s important but of equal importance is drilling the team to play some semi decent football and making appropriate changes at the time appropriate times in matches (options permitting)
Well mentality is very important. He wants to establish routine and if he repeats the retoric each week at the press conference it starts to sink in for everyone. I think its good, sets a good calmness / precedent and the squad know there wont be any suprises in the press conference (which are a waste of time anyway). What would you prefer? That he slates the players each week, says hes dropped Keane because hes crap, wont play Simms because hes a league 1 player and the board are crap.....how long would that keep him his job for?
Drilling is all for training hes not going to talk about that to the fecking media.....
As for appropriate changes, not his fault he has no squad depth and having to play multiple players out of position. I think it shows his flexibilty and that the players are engaged with him and wanting to help.

Cant be that uninspiring because they are putting a shift in fir him. ..Would you prefer more fancy words or said with an italian accent would that make it better?

Just like they did for Lampard...but supposedly that was all the fans doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.